All pak players to be interviewed today

Re: All pak players to be interviewed today KINGSTON, March 22: Pakistan's World Cup players were being questioned on Thursday as the investigation into the death of Bob Woolmer became embroiled in a fevered round of speculation and denial. The questioning comes on the same day that two Jamaican newspapers claimed that 58-year-old Woolmer, who died on Sunday, had been strangled. That alleged cause of death follows earlier rumours of poisoning and even killing at the hands of members of the criminal underworld keen to avoid exposure in allegations of match-fixing which may have arisen in a book that Woolmer was planning to write. "We're going through a process of speaking to people, including members of the team," said Mark Shields, the deputy chief commissioner of the Jamaican police force. Pakistan, who have been already eliminated from the World Cup, are to due to leave for home on Saturday after spending two days in Montego Bay. Meanwhile, the Jamaica Gleaner said a "high-ranking police officer" had confirmed that fresh evidence has surfaced which suggested that Woolmer was strangled in his room at the Jamaica Pegasus hotel between Saturday night and Sunday morning. According to the police officer, was found half naked in his room, partially wrapped in a towel, the newspaper said. "A bone in the neck, near the glands, was broken, and this suggests that somebody might have put some pressure on it," the officer told the newspaper. "We are now treating this as a homicide." The Jamaica Observer also quoted unnamed sources close to the investigation as saying that bones in the lower part of Woolmer's face were broken, suggesting he had been strangled. Pakistan team spokesman Pervez Mir dismissed the suggestions. "I'm afraid I cannot count these as accurate because the Jamaican police force hasn't given us official information as to what were the causes of Bob's death," Mir said. Woolmer died in hospital on Sunday after being found unconscious in his hotel room a day after Pakistan were knocked out of the World Cup following a shock defeat by minnows Ireland. Shields said on Tuesday that an autopsy conducted on Woolmer's body by a government pathologist proved inconclusive as to the cause of death which was being treated as "suspicious." Shields said the police were awaiting the results of the toxicology and histology analysis from Woolmer's tissue sample. On Wednesday night, a press release from the Jamaica Constabulary Force director of communications, Karl Angell, said a second opinion was being sought on the autopsy. That has resulted in a pathologist being flown in from the United States. Meanwhile, Woolmer's widow Gill admitted that there was a "possibility" her husband was murdered. In an interview with Britain's Sky News television from her home in South Africa, she said: "I suppose there is always the possibility," apparently contradicting statements she made to Indian television in which she dismissed the possibility of a conspiracy or a match-fixing link. "I mean some of the cricketing fraternity, fans are extremely volatile and passionate about the game and what happens in the game, and also a lot of it in Asia, so I suppose there is always the possibility that it could be that." She added: "It fills me with horror, I just can't believe that people could behave like that or that anyone would want to harm someone who has done such a great service to international cricket." After Pakistan had beaten Zimbabwe in their final match on Wednesday, the entire squad gathered at the team hotel, the Jamaica Pegasus where Woolmer died, to hold a memorial service. A minute of silence was also observed. Team manager Talat Ali said his association with Woolmer had been great. "He really worked hard for the Pakistan team," said Ali.

Re: All pak players to be interviewed today If it is plain as strangling.... then i hope, they have done the finger-printing test by now.... atleast tht will eliminate most who stayed in tht hotel including players and officials.... unless a glove was involved....

Re: All pak players to be interviewed today

Dhondy I read somewhere that there a broken neck bone. Sounds like strangulation.
That will be the hyoid. Yes, it can fracture with strangulation, but the process required would cause massive damage to the soft tissues of the neck. I don't want to describe strangulation here, it's too graphic, but any pathologist would take one look at a strangled man and get the cause of death. The marks on his face and the small bruises could have been caused by the fall when he died.

Dhondy I read somewhere that there a broken neck bone. Sounds like strangulation.
That will be the hyoid. Yes, it can fracture with strangulation, but the process required would cause massive damage to the soft tissues of the neck. I don't want to describe strangulation here, it's too graphic, but any pathologist would take one look at a strangled man and get the cause of death. The marks on his face and the small bruises could have been caused by the fall when he died.
Ok. But can the neck bone break just because of a fall?

Nonsense. If he was strangled, how was the autopsy "inconclusive?" A layman can tell a stangled man. Do some googling.
Doc the inconclusive part is the official line we really do not know it is inconclusive. I recon they know just want to confim. They had a coroner/pathologist flown in from Florida yesterday to confirm the findings.

Re: All pak players to be interviewed today How the hell did they get 400 cr figure ? and bookies never lose money in this case they would have made a lot of money since fav lost so why the hell would a bookie kill bob. I doubt there is any foul play involved, i think this is the first high profile case Jamaican police has got so making the most of it.

Ok. But can the neck bone break just because of a fall?
Don't know. It can fracture due to freak sports injuries. There are reports that severe retching can fracture it, but in a case like this, a hyoid fracture would point towards strangulation. Hanged men often fracture it. My point is, there should have been other signs.