Woolmer Tragidy: Arrest(s) made!

Sources say that an arrest has been made by the Jamaican Police with regards to the Bob Woolmer murder case. The arrested individual is not, i repeast, NOT of jamaican decent! i ll keep this thread updated once i get verification from a reliable news agency.

Re: Woolmer Tragidy: Arrest(s) made! Arrest made in Woolmer case By staff writers and wires March 23, 2007 AN ARREST has been made after confirmation by Jamaican police that they are treating the death of Pakistan coach Bob Woolmer as murder, New Delhi Television has reported. Chief of Geo TV Hamid Mir, speaking to Ndtv, stated the person is not a Jamaican national and that police have confiscated his telephone. Police are unwilling to reveal more details, but it is reported Woolmer was working on his autobiography at the time and it is reported some pages are missing. Woolmer, 58, was found unconscious by staff at the Pegasus Hotel in Kingston on Monday (AEDT), the day after Pakistan's shock defeat to Ireland in the World Cup, and taken to hospital where he later died. Police revealed on Wednesday (AEDT) that they were treating the former England batsman's death as "suspicious". Hhe had been found in his room with vomit and blood spattered around the walls. Police initially stopped short of saying that he had been murdered but, at a press conference today, revealed Woolmer's death "was due to asphyxia as a result of manual strangulation". Further revelations state that the person arrested had been in touch with the India and Sri Lanka teams. The person arrested was reportedly a frequent visitor of Woolmer's and had also been speaking to some of the India, Sri Lanka and Pakistan team members. Meanwhile, Daily News and Analysis in India reported today that Woolmer had made a set of recommendations to former Pakistan Cricket Board chief Shahryar Khan to aid the PCB's fight against match-fixing. However, those suggestions were not implemented. Woolmer had reportedly urged the PCB to stop players from associating with known bookies or people who were convicted of match-fixing and similar offences, because his team members had to be of impeccable character to be trusted. He also urged a zero-tolerance approach to anyone caught associating with dodgy figures in the match-fixing world. Woolmer also recommended that all players be forbidden from using mobile phones during a match, the report continued, and any calls that had to be made should go through the team manager. With Press Assocation

Re: Woolmer Tragidy: Arrest(s) made! yaar tub log he brain me sidha bbc receive hai kya? i have been up all night and i just freakin received this now. who the frack is arif papuu? sounds like a fictitious name, even if it is an alias for a gangster. why would you call yourself papu if you wanna lead a life of crime? wont you want something more intimidating like "one bad motherfrack" or "arif dontfrackwithme" or "killa!"... anyways is it true or what?

Re: Woolmer Tragidy: Arrest(s) made!

Arrest made in Woolmer case ....... Further revelations state that the person arrested had been in touch with the India and Sri Lanka teams. The person arrested was reportedly a frequent visitor of Woolmer's and had also been speaking to some of the India, Sri Lanka and Pakistan team members. ........
what do you guys think of this part? why the hell sub continent players keep contact with this kind of crook?

Re: Woolmer Tragidy: Arrest(s) made!

Arrest made in Woolmer case ....... Further revelations state that the person arrested had been in touch with the India and Sri Lanka teams. The person arrested was reportedly a frequent visitor of Woolmer's and had also been speaking to some of the India, Sri Lanka and Pakistan team members. ........
what do you guys think of this part? why the hell sub continent players keep contact with this kind of crook?
galat hai bhai! this claim of an arrest has been refuted.

Re: Woolmer Tragidy: Arrest(s) made! Man who frequently visited Woolmer held in Jamaica Cricketnext.com | Posted Mar 23, 2007 at 11:58 | Updated Mar 23, 2007 at 18:12 New Delhi: Pakistan cricket captain Inzamam-ul Haq and assistant coach Mushtaq Ahmed were subjected to a long questioning by the Jamaican Police investigating the sensational murder of coach Bob Woolmer. According to Pakistan's Geo TV, Inzamam and Mushtaq were questioned the longest as they were the ones who interacted with Woolmer the most because of their positions in the team. The channel also claimed that the Jamaican Police had already arrested a man in connection with Woolmer's death, which the police are treating as a case of murder. The Jamaican Police would disclose the name of the person in the next eight to ten hours. The report claimed that the person, who was not a native of Jamaica, was in touch with the members of the Pakistan, Sri Lankan and Indian teams. Meanwhile, Geo TV's CEO Hamid Mir told an Indian news channel that the man was a frequent visitor of Woolmer and he was in contact with many members of the Pakistan team. Asked why the channel was discussing the names of Inzamam and Mushtaq, he said, "We are not discussing these two persons as prime culprits or involved in fixing." "I think these two people are important because one is the captain and the other is the assistant coach, and they had some kind of an argument with Woolmer on Friday when the coach pushed them for net practice and they went outside the ground." Mir said some Pakistan cricketers were asked questions about their links with this man. "The players are disturbed, confused and said they don't know this person. But Police is of the view that this man was in contact with several cricket teams".

Re: Woolmer Tragidy: Arrest(s) made! Arrested man has numbers of Indian players Press Trust Of India | Posted Mar 23, 2007 at 17:03 | Updated Mar 23, 2007 at 17:17 Karachi: A former Pakistani Test cricketer on Friday claimed that Jamaican Police had recovered contact numbers of some South Asian players, including some Indians, from a person arrested in connection with the sensational murder of coach Bob Woolmer. The player, who was named in the match-fixing scandal that rocked international cricket in the late '90s, said on condition of anonymity that police had short listed six suspects in the Woolmer case. "From what my informers have told me, they have arrested one man and he had telephone numbers of some players which are now being looked into," he said. The former batsman said Woolmer's death could serve as a catalyst in finding out the truth behind match-fixing in international cricket and involvement of players, officials and umpires. Citing the case of Marlon Samuels' links with an Indian bookie, he said this was a strong indication about the presence of match-fixing racket in international cricket. "Don't forget just before the World Cup you also had a West Indian player Marlon Samuels being investigated for his links with an Indian bookmaker when he was playing in India," the player said. "Obviously, I don't want to be identified because of the people who are involved in this fixing racket, but Woolmer's death should now reveal a lot of truth if the investigations are carried out professionally and without any interference from the ICC," he said. Former Pakistan captain Rashid Latif, a central figure in exposing the match-fixing scandal, said he would not like to take any names but he would be surprised if Woolmer's death did not reveal some shocking truths. "You study the circumstances and you can see something fishy is there behind Woolmer's death. I will just say that fixing in matches had not stopped as claimed by the ICC, it was still going on," he said.