What do you make of chappal

Re: What do you make of chappal Its pathetic really his responses, "this is too inflammatory"; look man you were paid to do a job. Part of that job is handling the press and he clearly did a horrific job of doing so. If you look at Dravid's interview he is much classier...Greg must go, not because he is to blame solely, but because he's being paid too much to do a job that quite frankly i could have done (I could have lead the team to crash out of the world cup...) So why pay so much if he really can't influence teh team? But a terrible press-conference by him.

Re: What do you make of chappal Here is what i dont like about Indian fans, we only think in terms of money. You dont want BCCI to renew his contract fine but atleast have the right reasons like his approach didnt work or couldnt work with team even not having right attitude will do but lets not say kick him out because he is paid to much. I wish we had the same passion when it came to question commitment made by our MPs and MLAs . In my opinion i still dont want CHappel to go but i dont want him as coach. I want chappel to have a tech role. Hire a new coach and CHappel provides details on oppositions and things like that.

Guest dada_rocks

Re: What do you make of chappal chappel I guess was an aussie mole. :lmao: . he has litraly screwed up the team.. we don't need a batsman as coach.. our players have hardly any flaw in that deptt.. and if somoene has any i guess tendulkar will spot that way before than chappel can even get whiff .. we do need a top class bowling brain as coach.. a permanent psychologist a permanent fitness trainer we are set

Re: What do you make of chappal Irrespective of responses, I think Chappell was a match winner in his days and comes from the same assembly line of rough and tough aussies who are currently massacring the SAffies. It must be excruciatingly difficult to instill that competitiveness, hunger and mental toughness among pussies in Team India. I wouldn't be surprised if he just quits in disgust. :wall: :wall: :wall:

Re: What do you make of chappal another example of a good player being an ineffective coach. need to find someone with a batting average less than 25 or bowling average greater than 40. you can't blame him completely for the results. the guy wanted to make changes and he did. but a good number of his changes were reversed. he has every reason to be pissed off much like the fans, the team and the BCCI.

Re: What do you make of chappal yeah how easy to show all the frustration on the foreigner and call the Indian players victims of his coaching. Mark this people, fans like you and me and the media screw up this team not anyone! Leave that man alone, let him go back and have a life with his family.

Re: What do you make of chappal He'll be gone. A bad fit between him and Indian cricket. He's very intellectual, but a poor coach. I don't blame him though--our guys with the exception of Dravid and Ganguly show no CONSISTENT COMPETITIVE DRIVE.

Re: What do you make of chappal Totally agree with Zooter... only Dravid, Ganguly AND Kumble... showed consistent drive to WIN... actually Ganguly went off the track a bit... towards the end of his tenure... And he surely needed a kick up the backside... in that sense... Only thing is he WAS the best captain among the current Indian players...and with his leadership gone...the team of boy-men just floundered and sunk under the earnest but clueless (in man-mangement and media managment, not on field captaincy) Dravid...