Shouldn't Selectors and President

kabira

Re: Shouldn't Selectors and President They should but they will blame it on others as usual I dont see the fault of Chappel much He dint want motu becoz of his fielding and bad performance but no one listened. Many people here will say that Ganguly was a good choice. But I think his slow running between the wickets costed us a bit. I know people will shout at me for criticizing Ganguly but the team should first stress on fitness level

Re: Shouldn't Selectors and President i had opened a thread saying Vengsarkar must resign..... i cant find it now.... anyways, the bottomline is, he was a misfit in the scheme of things.... he would have been perfect duringg ganguly-wright era.... the only guy, Dravid got against Vengsarkar wass the biggest success of the tournament, which doesnt say much....

Re: Shouldn't Selectors and President To me, it is always opening pair who holds the most. Significantly enough, we have seen the best teams performance where 1 or both the openers are tallented and average above 40. The reason being, in every strategy, there is limitted success with openers but with most of our openers, just line and length does it all. Oponents do not need special plans to get out things like Uthhapa or Idli, motu/petu and so on. Saurav as an opener is not very encouring these days as he plays too cautiously which kinda sends the wrong signle in the dressing room that playing conditions are tough. In my opinion, Sehwag is the biggest gamble that we continued for so many years that the result was pretty much expected. We need steady and technically sound players at the biggining. Oponents take our openers for granted in almost all the games. No body is scared of them anymore. After SRT and Saurav ( who are inconsistent and slower now), we never had a settled pair. Same goes with the opening bolwing as well. With Jaheer we have some stability but Aggy is not a material that we should carry any more. Salla damn thing cant go beyond 75-80. Opening bolwers should be bowling at least 80-85 consistently with line and length. Best example was the way Australians bowled against SA. They kept their cool and things just happened. Unfortunately, I have not seen many youngsters batting, so cant comment on that. But get few tech correct guys. Rahul Dravid was the second best thing happened to Indian Cricket after SRT. We shuld persist with him. Give SRT, and Dhoni a long 6 mos break. Give Sehwag, Surav, Aggy and Bhajji permanent break. Except, dhoni i dont think anyone worth comming back to the team. SRT?? may be but he was here for long 17 years, not seeen much successs. So without him a story cant get worse if not better. I am glad this happened to us. I know drastic events with bring in drastic changes for the betterment. :hmph: Its not late. JUST DO IT>>>>