Woolmer Died A Natural Death

This is what I wrote to Ravi in a PM on 24th March.

Hi Ravi, I have serious doubts about the pathologist's verdict. Several things don't fit. 1. No marks on the neck. 2. Tongue not pushed out. 3. No burst blood vessels on the face 4. Did he have small haemorrhages under his conjunctivae? (can't see in photo) 5. Eyes closed (could have been done by police) 6. Vomit on the walls I fear the verdict has been based solely on a broken bone in the neck. Innocent people could be collared.
The relevance of the finding of vomit is that when a person is strangled, the gullet is choked off, along with the windpipe, and vomit cannot escape. Doubts deepened by this today in The Sunday Times in the UK. http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/us_and_americas/article1596745.ece

Re: Woolmer Died A Natural Death Another thing was that he was found alive and unconsicious in the morning. PJ Mir says that he still had a pulse when they found. If it was strangulation, he would almost certainly die instantaneously.

Re: Woolmer Died A Natural Death Yea I'd want to put my money on the fact that its a Murder case. I dont understand why there is so much controversy.. Like I was watching Zee news and they confirmed that there were marks that proved he was strangled. Now above it states that there werent any marks... :shrug:

Re: Woolmer Died A Natural Death It is a miserable scam this one. The Jamaican cops are having a lot of field day and enjoying the attention almost on a daily basis. They have flouted new theory about Woolmer's death on a daily basis, ranging from players being involved to the fans that stayed in that hotel. I would like to rather believe our inhouse professional doc Dhondy than the Jamaican cops. Gambit was right, the only theory that hasn't been suggested as yet by the Jamaican cops is that Woomer was abducted by an alien. I won't be surprised if they say that in about a couple of days time. :shrug:

Guest dada_rocks

Re: Woolmer Died A Natural Death explain this one please.. 'Perfect' poison behind Bob's death? ibnlive.com | Posted Apr 01, 2007 at 17:24 | Updated Apr 01, 2007 at 17:42 Text Size: S- / S+ Digg It CommentsRSS Email Print New Delhi: In a new turn to the Bob Woolmer murder investigation, police have received a tip-off that the Pakistan coach may have been poisoned by 'aconite', said to be the 'perfect' drug to mask a murder. According to the Sunday Mirror, an anonymous Pakistani called up Jamaican Police officials to hint them of a possible use of aconite in the murder. Jamaican Police Commissioner Mark Shields has called for more tests to be conducted to look for traces. A severely poisonous drug, aconite seizes a victim's internal organs, causing death by asphyxiation or slowly running out of breath. "The aconite tip is a major breakthrough and is being taken extremely seriously. The man who called Kingston police station had a Pakistani accent and was very specific about aconite and how it was administered," Shields told the paper. "The symptoms Bob suffered before he died are identical to aconite poisoning, which is why it is a major line of inquiry now. It would also explain how such a physically imposing man, at 6ft 1in tall, died without putting up a fight. You'd struggle to get two people into his bathroom let alone three, so it could be no one was there," he added. Toxicologists say aconite is the perfect drug to mask a murder. That pathologist Dr Ere Seshaiah didn't find found any finger marks around his neck suggesting strangulation, the aconite theory could be a vital lead. "Woolmer would have felt nauseous after the drug began to work and would have gone to the bathroom to be sick. He wouldn't have realised straight away how serious his condition was, so it was doubtful he'd have phoned the hotel's reception," toxicologist Prof John Henry of London told the paper. "By the time he realised how ill he was it would be too late. The drug causes a loss of power in the limbs. Aconite works like cyanide. It makes the skin clammy and hands and feet tingly. It also causes vomiting and diarrhoea. All the while the victim's mind remains clear, so it is a cruel death. "It is the perfect drug to make a murder appear to be a suicide because it leaves no mark on the body. It is difficult to detect in a post-mortem unless it was specifically looked for," he said. One of the many theories doing the rounds includes the one that appeared on the Mail on Sunday, which suggests that Woolmer may have been eliminated by bookmakers in the fear of him leaking out a major betting nexus. Woolmer was often heard telling journalists that "I feel more comfortable in public places." "You don't know how those people (bookmakers) will react" and added that someone might be upset at the news (about match-fixing) and take it out on him. In his last interview, Woolmer had claimed to have rejected a ?125,000 bribe to fix a match in Mumbai in 1996 when he was coach of South Africa. "I've never betted on anything in my life. It was voted out handsomely. The players shoved it aside. What we did not know was that he (then South African captain Hanse Cronje) took money," Woolmer had told the paper.

Re: Woolmer Died A Natural Death After manual strangulation now they are saying some drug also helped the killer to strangulate manually. I think the pathologist, cops are very very inept. Now they say a tip off from a Pakistani helped them figure this out. What's the point in doing a post mortem then? I suppose the medical staff that are involved in this case is looking up books and coming up with theories to cover up their ineptness.

Guest dada_rocks

Re: Woolmer Died A Natural Death I have no idea but as the article suggests in usual autopsy test for thsi particular poison is not done

Re: Woolmer Died A Natural Death Aconite is as far fetched as it can get. It can cause death by aspyxiation, but can never be confused with manual strangulation. There are a number of other poisons which can act in a similar way, for example organophosphorus (much more easily available, in many pesticides). But the chap who plucked out aconite from a detective novel wouldn't have known that. Remember, this is all because of one autopsy. Unlike what is commonly thought, a second pathologist did not perform an autopsy. The person who did the original one reviewed his findings and felt it was death by strangulation. On this premise the whole case stands. It seems to me that a second autopsy by a different person is the least that the police can request. The two autopsy results should then be reviewed by an independent pathologist and a verdict given. It would cut short months of speculations, and save a huge amount of wasted resources and time on part of the police in Jamaica, not to mention unnecessary distress caused to Woolmer's family and the Pakistani players.

Re: Woolmer Died A Natural Death

Apparently the doctor used a HACKSAW rather than a knife and that could have caused a the broken bone :tired: ...need your opinion Dhondy.
Hacksaw IS used in an autopsy. Nothing shocking about that. It all depends where it was used. Got any link?