Sign in to follow this  
King Tendulkar

Lara retires from odis

Re: Lara retires from odis Well he had pretty much said he was going to retire anyways. Does this mean he is not going to play the last couple of games? That is a shame if he didn't.

Re: Lara retires from odis Lara...an accomplished cricketer!! West Indies will find it difficult without him... His retirement notice should give some inspiration to our own disgraced demigods.

Re: Lara retires from odis

Lara...an accomplished cricketer!! West Indies will find it difficult without him... His retirement notice should give some inspiration to our own disgraced demigods.
Well Kumble, younger than Lara retired recently too. I don't know whom you are referring to but yes few of our guys could do well by retiring too. That said the three of the seniors Tendulkar, Rahul and Ganguly are way younger than Lara though.

Re: Lara retires from odis Though I feel Tendu should, retire.....but still as a LOYAL fan....I must admit that we should support him and allow him some more time to take decision on his own. A batsman like Tendu deserves a decent exit...I am still feeling ashamed that I am still unable to learn how to respect our Legends...... Let's give him little more time...

Re: Lara retires from odis Tendualkr is too old and ur joking about in the last year he has been very good, he hasn't been our best batsmen in the last year, you dont know anything about cricket if you say his record in the last year in ODI's have been very good and he was our best batmen.

Tendualkr is too old and ur joking about in the last year he has been very good' date=' he hasn't been our best batsmen in the last year, you dont know anything about cricket if you say his record in the last year in ODI's have been very good and he was our best batmen.[/quote'] Pull the stats up in last 12 months. Lets see! I guarantee his odi average ranks him in top 3 indian batters. He was also robbed of his batting number as opener. As the greatest opening batter in odi history was made to bat in middle order.

Retire ????? His record in last year in odis has been very good. In fact I believe it was the best out of our batters. 2 failures in WC and he should retire. If thats the standard there would be a lot of world batters retiring.
How can you say his record in the last year in odi's has been very good, he difenatley should retire. He hasnt go a hundred against a major team, in a winning cause for god knows how long

How can you say his record in the last year in odi's has been very good, he difenatley should retire. He hasnt go a hundred against a major team, in a winning cause for god knows how long
He got a hundred against the windies recently. :huh:
Just look at West Indies, they are a useless team, by a major team I mean, Australia, South Africa, New Zealand and Sri Lanka, what did he do in the tour against South Africa, he couldnt even score a hundred against Sri Lanka without VAAS and MURALI.

He got a hundred against the windies recently. :huh:
Just look at West Indies, they are a useless team, by a major team I mean, Australia, South Africa, New Zealand and Sri Lanka, what did he do in the tour against South Africa, he couldnt even score a hundred against Sri Lanka without VAAS and MURALI.
I think parth u r overreacting... how can u expect a person who bats in the middle order to score a century in 3 matches they played against SL.. when is the last time we played an ODI against NZ.. I agree he is not in the dream form he used to be.... in tht way hes not playing welll for his own standards.. but when u compare him with the other indian batters, he will surely fall in top3.. check ur mental balance parth.... n dont come out with half baked stmts..

Pull the stats up for last year and lets see Parth!
it says he has only played 1 ODI in cricinfo
:hic: maybe this is why you think he should retire. As you are clearly misinformed and misguided. :lol:
He still should retire, trust me, apparentley me and you have the same IP Address according to Dhondy

He still should retire, trust me, apparentley me and you have the same IP Address according to Dhondy
Same IP adress :huh: Is he tring to suggest we are the same person. If so the doc has lost it :hic:
I mean a close ip address

Same IP adress :huh: Is he tring to suggest we are the same person. If so the doc has lost it :hic:
Whats your point?? Also why should I trust you that sachin should retire? I would rather trust the great Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar in this!

Re: Lara retires from odis Tendulkar like Lara and McGrath and Warne should retire, he is holding a place for youngsters to come. He is never going to be dropped becuase of his reputation and so he should retire, I reckon he is only playing for the money, That press conferece where he said it hurts when the coach questions your attitude was ridiculous, how can you say they had a good attitude when sachin himselft, Ganguly, Sehwag and Yuvrag all asked for batting practice against Bangladesh so they told Dravid to bat first and if you don't belive this is true then go onto cricinfo.com

Re: Lara retires from odis Excatly what evidence do you have that sachin asked to bat first against bangla for batting practice? So cos cricinfo says something you believe it. Playing for money :hic: He is loaded, he plays for pride. You dont have the great carrer he has had unless you play for the love of the game

DSR just go beat some sense into the kid :hic: :hic:

Played vital role in the only win and 2nd highest run getter for the team in the last series.
Played a vital role against Bermuda, your joking, vital, i think 60 odd runs less would have still won us the match, and if your coming in from the NRR, we didn't need a good NRR, if we beat Sri Lanka. Anyway what a batting performance, a shame it came into a loosing World Cup.

I know the stats are coming' date=' but IIRC, he had 2 horrible series against Pak and Eng[/quote'] No, I am not even bothered. I know the guy sucks in tests and should be dropped ASAP. Of course if he keeps playing forever there will be a series here and another there where he will end up scoring some runs.

Re: Lara retires from odis Indian board has to decide what their objective is - if it is to develop a strong team that compete well for next 5-6 years then we need a nucleus of young players who can replace, Ganguly, Dravid, SRT, etc etc. i.e. players who probably wont last more than 2 years or so. The search for this young talent has to start now. Sachin's skills have deteriorated and in terms of future value to the team he has less to offer while the same spot given to Manoj Tiwary or Rohit sharma might bring more dividends to the Indian team over the long run. If indeed the objective is a strong Indian team for the long run then we need to focus on the future and absolute stats from last year dont matter - the trend of decline in stats does matter and projected forward it indicates Sachin's value is less. Lets cut the crap about respect etc. Sachin has an option he can gracefully retire else he should be dropped - if we need our team to perform well then we should face the tough decisions and not let the sentimental stuff and player bias get in the way. I agree with Parth - SRT should retire. he has contributed immensely to Indian cricket - I acknoeldge that and may be he can become the batting coach and contribute more but on the field his value is limited.

Re: Lara retires from odis Tendulkar played reasonably well in the SA test series but he deserves to be dropped if he misinformed Dravid and Chappell about the extent of his injury in the 3rd test match. Its this kind of prima donna attitude which needs to be repaired in Indian cricket.

Tendulkar played reasonably well in the SA test series but he deserves to be dropped if he misinformed Dravid and Chappell about the extent of his injury in the 3rd test match. Its this kind of prima donna attitude which needs to be repaired in Indian cricket.
I thought Munaf did something like that

Tendulkar played reasonably well in the SA test series but he deserves to be dropped if he misinformed Dravid and Chappell about the extent of his injury in the 3rd test match. Its this kind of prima donna attitude which needs to be repaired in Indian cricket.
I thought Munaf did something like that
And he should receive the same treatment.

Indian board has to decide what their objective is - if it is to develop a strong team that compete well for next 5-6 years then we need a nucleus of young players who can replace, Ganguly, Dravid, SRT, etc etc. i.e. players who probably wont last more than 2 years or so. The search for this young talent has to start now. Sachin's skills have deteriorated and in terms of future value to the team he has less to offer while the same spot given to Manoj Tiwary or Rohit sharma might bring more dividends to the Indian team over the long run. If indeed the objective is a strong Indian team for the long run then we need to focus on the future and absolute stats from last year dont matter - the trend of decline in stats does matter and projected forward it indicates Sachin's value is less. Lets cut the ***** about respect etc. Sachin has an option he can gracefully retire else he should be dropped - if we need our team to perform well then we should face the tough decisions and not let the sentimental stuff and player bias get in the way. I agree with Parth - SRT should retire. he has contributed immensely to Indian cricket - I acknoeldge that and may be he can become the batting coach and contribute more but on the field his value is limited.
Atleast someone is with me

So when he had the press confrence, and he said, it hurts when the coach questions our attitude, he was wrong to say that becuase his attitude was wrong.

So when he had the press confrence, and he said, it hurts when the coach questions our attitude, he was wrong to say that becuase his attitude was wrong.
LOL, you've misinterpreted the whole thing and mistaken, but you usually are always anyways.

Shwetabh, Sachin got injured in the 3rd test while fielding in the 2nd inning of the match and wasn't it too late to drop him from the match then? :hic: Anyway, this thread is about Lara and we must pay tribute to one of the greatest batsman cricket has seen. Though he was not as successful in ODIs as he has been in tests, still I think he has given us too many fond memories of superb batsmanship. Thank you Lara for those thrilling innings and happy memory!! :wtg:

Shwetabh, Sachin got injured in the 3rd test while fielding in the 2nd inning of the match and wasn't it too late to drop him from the match then? :hic: Thank you Lara for those thrilling innings and happy memory!! :wtg:
I am well aware of that, Chandan and yet he came out to bat at his regular position when he could hardly bat with any sort of comfort or fluency, played a huge part in us giving the initiative and momentum to SA. If he was injured he should have come down the order and let more fit batsmen come up, specially Ganguly and Laxman who were in good form. Now I dont know whether Tendulkar was forced to come at 4, if he was then Dravid and Chappell are to blame but if he insisted he is fit and raring to go at 4 he should be dumped.

No' date=' he came one spot later actually[/quote'] Yes he did and he should have come in at number 7 if he was injured. And he came in at 5 not because he felt he was injured but because he was compelled to as he was not on the field for some time.

Yes' date=' but I don't think even he realized the extent of the injury. It didn't cramp him right away, but after a while IIRC.[/quote'] Last time I checked there is an option of retiring hurt in cricket, specially if you feel you are killing the game for India. Also, if after 17 years of professional cricket he does not realise the extent of his injury something is fundamentally wrong. Avi, you know I am a huge fan of Tendulkar but you are just trying to justify the unjustifiable here.

No' date=' he came one spot later actually[/quote'] Yes he did and he should have come in at number 7 if he was injured. And he came in at 5 not because he felt he was injured but because he was compelled to as he was not on the field for some time.
Isn't that captain's decision?If Dravid preferred to send Sachin at that position despite the injury, it was completely his call. I wonder how the batsman can be blamed for that!