Mohd Yousuf expresses interest in Pak captaincy

King

http://www.dnaindia.com/report.asp?NewsID=1090834 Mohd Yousuf expresses interest in Pak captaincy UNI Saturday, April 14, 2007 13:48 IST LAHORE: Pakistan's most dependable middle-order batsman Mohammad Yousuf has expressed his interest in taking up the captaincy of a disgruntled national team if offered the post. His statement came a day after star batsman Younis Khan rejected the offer to take up the reigns of the national team. ''Though the PCB made no offer to me, I feel no problem in leading the team,'' Yousuf said. Highlighting his credentials for the pressure cooker job, he said, ''I don't see any kind of pressure in captaining the team, and I deserve to take the post as I have been the main run scorer, both in Test and one-day cricket for the last year.'' he added. ''I always feel honour in representing Pakistan and I feel pleasure to lead the team at this crucial time,'' Yousuf added. The 32-year-old right-handed batsman, whose name appeared in the Wisden Cricketer of the Year list for his commendable batting prowess last session, has however, refused to comment on his colleague Younis Khan's rejection to the offer. ''This is his decision and I don't want to speak on his statement,'' Yousuf said.

Re: Mohd Yousuf expresses interest in Pak captaincy I'm not sure what to make of this. Mo Yo on the surface seems to be the most qualified candidate (I guess after YK). But ... that religious thing is still there. Based on what some Pakistanis have said (and also Woolmer) ... religion did seem to get in the way of practice and traditional "team rhythm." Now that he's been converted, ... I wonder if we'll see the Real MoYo or just Inzy Part II.