Desi morality

Guest Gunner

Desi morality  

1. 1.

CG, taking off from our conversation yesterday, I have opened this thread to discuss desi morality. Explain why you think desi women are more moral than non-desi women. CG please discuss.:--D

ok 1stly i can only speak from my own experience and from the group of friends i currently have which are a pretty mixed age group!! in my opinion i think desi girls are groomed to be a bit more moralistic than non desi gals, now here's the catch you can a groom a girl to moralistic but you cant force them so i can so how not all desi gals are moralistic but i would still like to think most are! be it out of family upbringing or respect for the elders in their family!! atleast more moralistic than the non desis

The topic of morality is a slippery slope you wouldn’t want to get on, because the world in general is so hypocritical when it comes to standards of morality. For example, if a husband of a rape victim decides to take revenge and kills the rapist, its considered a crime and he is put behind bars. However, if a govt. decides to declare war on a country and bombs and kills innocent people, its considered justice. On both occasions, the two entities (the rape victims’ husband and the Govt.) are doing what they think is just. Only, the way the world sees these actions is so different. I remember watching a BBC’s talk show when a very venerable British personality (forgot his name) said something along the lines of ‘There’s absolutely no difference between an American stealth bomber and an Iraqi suicide bomber. Both kill innocent people using their own skewed sense of morality'.. I couldn’t agree with him more. I generally adopt the ‘to each his own’ attitude when it comes to morality standards. You simply have your own standards and you go by them. Don’t compare yourselves with what someone else’ is doing and declare yourself moral/immoral.

The topic of morality is a slippery slope you wouldn’t want to get on, because the world in general is so hypocritical when it comes to standards of morality. For example, if a husband of a rape victim decides to take revenge and kills the rapist, its considered a crime and he is put behind bars. However, if a govt. decides to declare war on a country and bombs and kills innocent people, its considered justice. On both occasions, the two entities (the rape victims’ husband and the Govt.) are doing what they think is just. Only, the way the world sees these actions is so different. I remember watching a BBC’s talk show when a very venerable British personality (forgot his name) said something along the lines of ‘There’s absolutely no difference between an American stealth bomber and an Iraqi suicide bomber. Both kill innocent people using their own skewed sense of morality'.. I couldn’t agree with him more. I generally adopt the ‘to each his own’ attitude when it comes to morality standards. You simply have your own standards and you go by them. Don’t compare yourselves with what someone else’ is doing and declare yourself moral/immoral.
hiya, i totally see where you're coming from but i think our discussion was more about how moral or immoral desi gals are compared non desis - ur opinion would be appreciated! :)

Marirs you totally ruined this thread with this off-topic post. :whack::whack::whack::whack: Go read the OP, Desi Vs Non-desi women...you didn't mention women even once in your posts. Stealth bomber and some other crap. :Whack: :P

hiya' date=' i totally see where you're coming from but i think our discussion was more about how moral or immoral desi gals are compared non desis - ur opinion would be appreciated! :)[/quote'] I presume you’re talking bout non-desi girls have premarital sex and in general flirt around a lot more with guys, when compared to desi girls. Again, I’d like to say ‘to each his own..’.. If a a girl wants to ‘explore’ her options a little more and wants to.. (and pardon my language for this..) eff around a little bit, good for her. Its her life and she is living the way she wants to. Who are we(the society) to say if what she is doing is right or wrong. And another girl decides to practice abstinence till marriage, good for her too. In my opinion, there’s absolutely nothing immoral about pre-marital sex and nothing moral about abstinence. And the reason why I say that is because we, as intelligent, educated individuals, have somehow convinced ourselves to believe that we need an institution called marriage (which is essentially a figment of cultural evolution) to sort of ‘sanitize’ sex and make it more acceptable. What I mean by that is I find really amusing that if two individuals decide to have sex with each other, the world generally scorns upon them. But, if those two very same individuals decided to spend 15 mins of their time to go a temple/church/mosque, perform a simple ceremony and get ‘married’ its perfectly ok for them to have sex there after. How senseless is that? Why do you need some dumb ceremony to do what you want to do?

morality i guess is defined as being able to make the right choices in life for the good of yourself and others around you and to be more specific i think our conversation was more directed at desi womens sexuality vs non desis right?
So why have you formed the opinion that non-desi women fail in that?

ok granted that sex before marriage for lots of desi girls is a choice that they make and yes each to their own but when you're talking morals you need to look at intention as well for example majority of the desi gals i have met, if they have been sexually active before marriage its with someone in a relationship where as non desis at teenage yrs have a tendancy to see how many men they can bed in one night!! realistically guys how many desi girls do you know what behave that way! the reasoning behind desi girls having sex before marriage in many (i appreciate it might not be all) is mainly in a steady relationship of somesort

The topic of morality is a slippery slope you wouldn’t want to get on' date=' because [b']the world in general is so hypocritical when it comes to standards of morality. For example, if a husband of a rape victim decides to take revenge and kills the rapist, its considered a crime and he is put behind bars. However, if a govt. decides to declare war on a country and bombs and kills innocent people, its considered justice. On both occasions, the two entities (the rape victims’ husband and the Govt.) are doing what they think is just. Only, the way the world sees these actions is so different. I remember watching a BBC’s talk show when a very venerable British personality (forgot his name) said something along the lines of ‘There’s absolutely no difference between an American stealth bomber and an Iraqi suicide bomber. Both kill innocent people using their own skewed sense of morality'.. I couldn’t agree with him more. I generally adopt the ‘to each his own’ attitude when it comes to morality standards. You simply have your own standards and you go by them. Don’t compare yourselves with what someone else’ is doing and declare yourself moral/immoral.
Fully agree. Morality has different standards for different people. Even for a common, what they learn in their environment is completely acceptable. Discussing morality is useless.

I presume you’re talking bout non-desi girls have premarital sex and in general flirt around a lot more with guys, when compared to desi girls. Again, I’d like to say ‘to each his own..’.. If a a girl wants to ‘explore’ her options a little more and wants to.. (and pardon my language for this..) eff around a little bit, good for her. Its her life and she is living the way she wants to. Who are we(the society) to say if what she is doing is right or wrong. And another girl decides to practice abstinence till marriage, good for her too. In my opinion, there’s absolutely nothing immoral about pre-marital sex and nothing moral about abstinence. And the reason why I say that is because we, as intelligent, educated individuals, have somehow convinced ourselves to believe that we need an institution called marriage (which is essentially a figment of cultural evolution) to sort of ‘sanitize’ sex and make it more acceptable. What I mean by that is I find really amusing that if two individuals decide to have sex with each other, the world generally scorns upon them. But, if those two very same individuals decided to spend 15 mins of their time to go a temple/church/mosque, perform a simple ceremony and get ‘married’ its perfectly ok for them to have sex there after. How senseless is that? Why do you need some dumb ceremony to do what you want to do?
Now that is a great post. It resembles my view quite a bit. The whole institution of marriage is intended to enforce a monogamous way of life. However in reality both men and women are not really monogamous creatures. The whole purpose of sex in the animal world is procreation, human kind with its elevated senses considers it both recreational and for procreation. That said the whole gimmick of morality, marriage etc is mere hypocrisy with its ancient value systems. Fundamentally it is a system designed for men and women to control eachother. Man wants to subordinate the woman and the woman wants to control the man as her sexual aging is more accelerated.

ok granted that sex before marriage for lots of desi girls is a choice that they make and yes each to their own but when you're talking morals you need to look at intention as well for example majority of the desi gals i have met' date=' if they have been sexually active before marriage its with someone in a relationship where as non desis at teenage yrs have a tendancy to see how many men they can bed in one night!! realistically guys how many desi girls do you know what behave that way! the reasoning behind desi girls having sex before marriage in many (i appreciate it might not be all) is mainly in a steady relationship of somesort[/quote'] I know a british gujju girl who slept with two black guys because someone told her that they had a huge schlong. There are no generalisations I am afraid. There are men and women who see sex as a purely recreational activity.

So why have you formed the opinion that non-desi women fail in that?
i guess my job has made me rather synical about that! ok here's a typical example: gori girl gets pregnant at the age of 16 parents deliberately disown her as they know she will get a govt property as she is still a minor and the fact that she's pregnant makes her vulnerable in the eyes of the council age 17 she gets pregnant again so the council have no choice but to giver her a bigger house as she is entitled to it after age 19 she has a 3rd child now that she has a 3rd child the government no longer has any right to impose the idea of getting a job and paying rent as she now has too many dependant children!! this is just a small typical example of the hundreds of girls i see day in day out majority of them are english, west indian, and european i very rarely ever come across desi girls brace yourself honey as this now gives you an idea of where your tax money is going!! oh by the way coincidently there is no father involved anywhere either!

I know a british gujju girl who slept with two black guys because someone told her that they had a huge schlong. There are no generalisations I am afraid. There are men and women who see sex as a purely recreational activity.
thats why i was hesitant to say "all" desi girls as i know there are a few exceptional ones Priya Rai is a perfect example!! the argument here is not whether its morally exceptable for girls to explore their sexuality but the idea of having some sort of morality that teaches them to take responsibilty for their actions