Doosra Murali in the making

Doosra Murali in the making Promising offie Parmar has all Murali crafts, already making heads turn SWARUPKARPURKAYASTHA Posted online: Saturday, May 12, 2007 at 0000 hours IST Ahmedabad, May 11 : The same bowling run-up, the same delivery stance, and the same follow-through. Bowling at the West Zone under-19 camp nets, Mohnish Parmar can easily be termed a Muttiah Muralitharan clone. Like the Islander, the Gandhinagar-based offie can send down flippers, faster ones, loop deliveries, turn the ball by yards, and can also bowl the doosra. ?He is a special kid. Very promising. He can turn the ball on any surface. He uses his wrist before releasing the ball from his fingers, thus making it difficult for batsmen to read him,? says B Arun, chief coach at the camp. But is it right to model oneself on another bowler? We have seen Rajasthan?s Amit Mishra modelling himself on Shane Warne, and Mumbai?s Aavishkar Salvi on Glenn McGrath. But both failed to impress at the international level in a handful of one-dayers that they played. ?It all depends on performance. If the two have not matched up to the expectations, it doesn?t mean that nobody else can follow or model oneself on any player. All I can say is Mohnish has the talent to go all the way. He can vary his loop and even bowl bouncers at times,? said Padmakar Shilvalkar, the spin coach at the camp, who has been following the growth of Mohnish for the past three years. Gujarat coach Aunshuman Gaekwad agrees. ?It?s okay as far as modelling oneself on another player is concerned. But Mohnish has a long way to go to come even close to Muralitharan. He has to attain that perfection and consistency. He has a lot of potential. He has big turns, nice away-going deliveries. He is a very good fielder and can bat as well,? said Gaekwad. Mohnish, however, feels flattered at the comparisons. ?It feels good when people say I am like Murali, as I want to become like him. I have been following him right from my childhood,? said Mohnish, who has been performing consistently at the junior domestic circuit. But even before his career could take off, he had to deal with a setback. After the under-19 cricket World Cup in Sri Lanka, the International Cricket Council wrote to the Indian board to correct the action of the off-spinner. Shivlal Yadav and Erapalli Prasanna, among others, worked on Mohnish?s action at the National Cricket Academy in Bangalore, first for a week and then again after three months for 12 days. ?I had an open chest action, they asked me to bowl side on. I practised for three months and went back to them. There they said my action was okay. I used to have more problem while bowling the doosra. But now, it?s okay. ?I met Harbhajan Singh recently during a Twenty20 match between Gujarat and Punjab. He told me not to worry about my action and keep bowling,? said Mohnish.

Re: Doosra Murali in the making ohhhhhhhhh.... Thank God Darrell Hair aint there anymore... :hic: But , i actuali dont feel comfortabl at the prospect of a player whose action looks exactly the same as another bowler playing for India..

Re: Doosra Murali in the making i have seen this lad bowl in u19 world cup, hes absoultely fantastic prospect. He can turn the ball a yard. And his doosras were way above anyones calss in u19 system.

Re: Doosra Murali in the making

?I met Harbhajan Singh recently during a Twenty20 match between Gujarat and Punjab. He told me not to worry about my action and keep bowling' date='? said Mohnish.[/quote'] :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
right after which harbhajan proceeded to take a sh*t his pants due to the anxiety of an imminent end to a career that has been characterized by fractious and sub standard conduct.