Intel Core 2 Duo

Rajiv

Worth every penny I finally decided to do a major overhaul after 5 years. My P4 1.7 Served me well but wth all that Video Editing I do, it was time for it's retirement I never knew what SATA meant and PCI Express was faster than AGP :hic: So I got an Intel Core 2 Duo 6600, 4 GB Ram on a P5B Deluxe and this Awesome All in Wonder X1900 ( Mainly for Video Editing ) + ATI TV Wonder I would normally upload my TV ( Cricket ) via Media Encoder and watch it at my office, but I could never record at the same time as there was a conflict But with dual chip, not only I can record and upload, I can actually create a DVD in real time without any conflict and no frame drop That DVD Lightscribe works in 5 mins with complex designs and gaming is on a fly. Next mission is to get a Blue-Ray Writer, another year may be But anyone looking for a new PC, get one of these Core 2 Duo's

Re: Intel Core 2 Duo im waiting around for boxing day to buy a new laptop. for the last 4.5 yrs i have had a P4 1.7 Ghz Toshiba Satellite. it is a bulky monster but the multimedia experience is great and frankly its lasted so long without a single problem, great value for my money despite the $1900 price. looking at buying a intel core duo laptop in december. probably the Toshiba satellite P100 but not sure. reviews are pretty good - the specs im looking at: Intel? Core?2 Duo T7200 (2.00GHz, 4MB L2 Cache, 667MHz FSB) 2048MB PC5300 DDR2 667MHz SDRAM (1024MBx2) 100 gig drive NVIDIA? GeForce? Go 7600 with 256MB discrete graphics memory the screen is a thing of beauty, 17" widescreen despite that its supposed to be one of the sleeker models, should weigh in at 6-6.5lbs.

Re: Intel Core 2 Duo I thought of waiting too but how lower can parts go..I mean the custom PC guys would have given me $100 at the most I am normally an nvidia fan but they dont make em cards anymore which also have video IN ( they have separate video editing cards ), so I thought of going with one anyways and buy a hauppage but I was just browsing through futureshop website and they have a four day sale on this ati AIW X1900, its basically their high-end video card with All In Wonder ( TV Tuner, FM etc), $399 to $259) and I must say I extremely happy expecially with the remote and non-interference of any other s.w