Vivekanand: Polytheism, Pantheism, Idol Worship in Hinduism

Guest dada_rocks

Guest dada_rocks

Re: Vivekanand: Polytheism, Pantheism, Idol Worship in Hinduism There is one anecdote: Vivekanad visited some small timeking's court for donation. The king was against idol-worship so I guess he must have been muslim. Anyway so he went ahead and lectured Viekanad on how idolatry is so bad. Vivekanad asked the king to take down the life size image of King's father hanging on the wall and asked him to spit on it. King refused claming it was his father. VIvekand retorted but it's jsut a picture you very well know it's not your dead father so what stops u from spitting on it u can very well wipe it off later on. King refused, needless to say he became one of his disciple. Point made it's not picture whihc is being respected it's what he sees in that picture ditto for any form of idol it doesn't really matter it's just a means. Those who don't need this means well good for them. In fact other than few enlightened ones there is noone who doesn't need any form of idol to make connection with almighty, be it sight of mosque or church or direction of kabah everyone needs some means .

Guest dada_rocks

Re: Vivekanand: Polytheism, Pantheism, Idol Worship in Hinduism

Why should people suffer and there is also underlying proof of rebirth in it

Re: Vivekanand: Polytheism, Pantheism, Idol Worship in Hinduism i am a great vivekanand follower and read most of his books.... and even if u r not a hindu, i have never seen anyone;s life not be touched after reading his books... u can start with "selected speeches of Vivekananda" or something like tht... brilliant one....

Brilliant Oration......this is the first time I got to actually hear the great man!
Just curious, if this is HIS own voice. This speech was given in Chicago in 1893 and I am not sure if recording was possible back then.

Guest dada_rocks

Brilliant Oration......this is the first time I got to actually hear the great man!
Just curious, if this is HIS own voice. This speech was given in Chicago in 1893 and I am not sure if recording was possible back then.
In all probability it's not..