The Fearless Muslim Woman

Dhondy

Guest dada_rocks

Re: The Fearless Muslim Woman Point is every religion has difficult text some are replete with it all around some have less share of the same. but noone accords the kind of divinity where every word must be taken as an ultimat truth like islamic folks and there from all the problem emantaes... If u happen to bump into some rational ones and corner them down which i must say is a fairly easy job then the ultimate line gets thrown." may be we are too stupid to understand and it is meant for some larger good"..... Religion is simple : do unto others as u expect to be done to you rest of the stuff in this or that book is mere commentary.. I just love this particualr sentence: brother you can believe in stone ( see if I take it at face value this might be construed as some sort of attack on hindu practices, but I would be doing great disservice this lady by this parochial reading) but as long as you don't throw that stone at me I don't care. :wtg: more power to ladies like this

Guest dada_rocks

Re: The Fearless Muslim Woman

if u have time read this debate between Sina and a moderate Islamic scholar from Pak ... http://www.faithfreedom.org/debates/Ghamidi60916.htm caution its insanely long but quite a fantastic read and eye opener.
Would have loved to meet Sina some day, this guy is everestesque cliff of rationalism... Too bad this can't happen without him risking his own life :hail: For Sina

meet Doc our late latif :wtg:
Arre bhai, I don't believe in religion. I came across an article on this lady on Reader's Digest and googled her. Really admired her courage in facing up to the extremists, even risking her life in the process, so thought I'd bring it to you guys' attention. Coals to Newcastle, as it turned out.

Re: The Fearless Muslim Woman She is probably more welcome in Tel Aviv than she would be in Damascus. Shortly after the broadcast, clerics in Syria denounced her as an infidel. One said she had done Islam more damage than the Danish cartoons mocking the Prophet Muhammad, a wire service reported. If someone doesn't believe in those misleading religious leaders then of course they get labelled as infidels. Gunmen of the Muslim Brotherhood burst into a classroom at the university and killed her professor as she watched, she said. "They shot hundreds of bullets into him, shouting, 'God is great!' " she said. "At that point, I lost my trust in their god and began to question all our teachings. It was the turning point of my life, and it has led me to this present point. I had to leave. I had to look for another god." That is a very bad advertisement for the religion. Such instances sow a very bad seed among non muslims about Islam. That is a very barbaric act really. She said she no longer practiced Islam. "I am a secular human being," she said. Best way to lead life, not attaching oneself to any religion. The other guest on the program, identified as an Egyptian professor of religious studies, Dr. Ibrahim al-Khouli, asked, "Are you a heretic?" He then said there was no point in rebuking or debating her, because she had blasphemed against Islam, the Prophet Muhammad and the Koran. Dr. Sultan said she took those words as a formal fatwa, a religious condemnation. Since then, she said, she has received numerous death threats on her answering machine and by e-mail. When these religious leaders have no answer to the concerns or questions they say there is no point in debating. This clearly shows their ineptness as highest practitioners of religion. There is a saying "?Wise teachers impart their knowledge; inept ones impose theirs? How very true is that :wtg:

Guest dada_rocks

She is probably more welcome in Tel Aviv than she would be in Damascus. Shortly after the broadcast' date= clerics in Syria denounced her as an infidel. One said she had done Islam more damage than the Danish cartoons mocking the Prophet Muhammad, a wire service reported. If someone doesn't believe in those misleading religious leaders then of course they get labelled as infidels. Gunmen of the Muslim Brotherhood burst into a classroom at the university and killed her professor as she watched, she said. "They shot hundreds of bullets into him, shouting, 'God is great!' " she said. "At that point, I lost my trust in their god and began to question all our teachings. It was the turning point of my life, and it has led me to this present point. I had to leave. I had to look for another god." That is a very bad advertisement for the religion. Such instances sow a very bad seed among non muslims about Islam. That is a very barbaric act really. She said she no longer practiced Islam. "I am a secular human being," she said. Best way to lead life, not attaching oneself to any religion. The other guest on the program, identified as an Egyptian professor of religious studies, Dr. Ibrahim al-Khouli, asked, "Are you a heretic?" He then said there was no point in rebuking or debating her, because she had blasphemed against Islam, the Prophet Muhammad and the Koran. Dr. Sultan said she took those words as a formal fatwa, a religious condemnation. Since then, she said, she has received numerous death threats on her answering machine and by e-mail. When these religious leaders have no answer to the concerns or questions they say there is no point in debating. This clearly shows their ineptness as highest practitioners of religion. There is a saying "?Wise teachers impart their knowledge; inept ones impose theirs? How very true is that :wtg:
well put :wtg: are u heretic this question is very potent part of their tool to ward off logical questions.. since once that's established they can just ignore questions eanting from those individuals.. nutcases don't understand what they are doign is taught in very first cass of philopshy in the section of logical fallcies goes by the name ad-hominem............... as i so often underline discuss issues not personalities..

Guest dada_rocks

Re: The Fearless Muslim Woman By the way its' nto like all of the arab intellectuals are loony brigade watch the video number 9999 on memritv.org.. You will find many indivuas there talking sense particualrlry a syrian poet Adonis's reasoning goes sthg like this.. Satan disobeyed allah and still allah despite havign power to wipe him off didn't do anything of sort but in arab world mere disagrrement of opinion can send you to gallows. We have lost the intellectual capacity to tolerate others view point and much rather finish them off than debate their points.

Guest dada_rocks

Re: The Fearless Muslim Woman Thanks to boss and of course dr. Ali Sina.. enlighten urself folks..

'Abdullah b. 'Abbas reported that his son died in Qudaid or 'Usfan. He said to Kuraib to see as to how many people had gathered there for his (funeral). He (Kuraib) said: So I went out and I informed him about the people who had gathered there. He (Ibn 'Abbas) said: Do you think they are forty? He (Kuraib) said: Yes. Ibn 'Abbas then said to them: Bring him (the dead body) out for I have heard Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: If any Muslim dies and forty men who associate nothing with Allah stand over his prayer (they offer prayer over him), Allah will accept them as intercessors for him. (Sahih Muslim, Book 004, Number 2072)
Isn?t that nice? You can commit all the sins in the world and if you have 40 people coming to your funeral praying for you Allah will accept their intercession. What if you don?t have 40 friends? My experience tells me that wealthier people have larger funerals. They serve banquets and draw huge crowds. Poorer people often die alone or with few friends and relatives around them. This hadith not only shows Allah?s injustice it is also absurd that he should listen to intercession of 40 people and forgive a sinner. This is not my idea of justice. Whether it is forty or four billion, it seems absurd to me that humans should have the power to influence God and make him change his mind.