Radical Islam - Must see for DR, Bheem etc

kumble_rocks

Re: Radical Islam - Must see for DR, Bheem etc

W The whole world is disillusioned with islam and struggling to comprehend how a bunch of people can be so extremene and fundamental and violent.
at their convenience. US was busy selling F16's to Pak in the 80's , when we were being attacked by the extermists . Heck , they even supported Bin laden against Russia. Read my earlier posts and care to answer them.

Did i make kargil war up and the peace meeting with pak while they were planning a war? Did i make up the bombings from jehadis, mumbai and many more spring to mind? Did i make up 40% of muslims in UK wanting sharia? Did I make up 33% of muslims in UK have sympathy with jehad bomberrs of London? So who are the hate mongers? me or the ones going out killing or supporting/sympathising with them?
I would not want to be caught up in these petty Muslim-wanting-Sharia-in-UK discussion dsr. I have said again, and I shall repeat it once more. If you are so interested in "changing" Islam start by going to a Muslim country or Muslim website. Whats the whole point of doing that thing here day in and day out? Its a futile exercise no? xxxx
I have not done this day in day out. First time for ages i have gone on a bit. Also i cant change muslims way of thinking and behaving. Only muslims from within can do this. I will be merely branded a kaffar and fatwed/jehaded

I would not want to be caught up in these petty Muslim-wanting-Sharia-in-UK discussion dsr. I have said again, and I shall repeat it once more. If you are so interested in "changing" Islam start by going to a Muslim country or Muslim website. Whats the whole point of doing that thing here day in and day out? Its a futile exercise no?
Thats quite simplistic and illogical to say one needs to go to a Muslim country if that person needs to change anything about it ..... And as I have said ... this is not futile ... there are a lot of people who have come to know the gravity of the situation ... and I hate to keep repeating this again ... one Bangla Poster has infact renounced his religion after seeing me and DR debate with CC and Shwetabh ... on the old site... And when you said whats the difference between Rohan's rants about VVS and my rants .... one is a serious matter that affects lives of many millions while the other is merely a teenagers expression of his affection to his favourite sports star. Hardly anything comparable.
It's interesting to see few non Muslims harp on about a religion that they have not chosen or have not studied well. It clearly shows the popularity of this religion among young people and why it is the fastest growing religion in the World. I'm a non Muslim but I strongly believe that the threat from religious fundamentalists is not merely coming from the Islamic world it is everywhere. In India you see it in Gujarat. And you also see political parties as the flag bearers of these religious cult groups.. One has to wonder if there is any empathy left? "Are you then unable to recognize unless it has the same sound as yours?"

>In India you see it in Gujarat. What you see in Gujarat?? What the heck you know about Gujarat.
You'll have to lookup news from year 2002 to read about riots between Muslim and Hindus and how many were killed and how the state goverment responded to all these riots.

It's interesting to see few non Muslims harp on about a religion that they have not chosen or have not studied well. It clearly shows the popularity of this religion among young people and why it is the fastest growing religion in the World
hain ? you are saying I talk about it because its popular and NOT Because its destructive ? :lol:
Thats your way of generalizing something without knowing all the facts. Ofcourse it is popular and you are providing a jump start for people to become more inquisitive about the religion and to its teachings.

What are the facts that I am not aware of according to you ?
I can quote these words. "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be your wishes, your inclinations, or the dictates of your passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."(about a religion or the people who follow it). So go ahead with your deranged rants about it...
Ofcourse it is popular and you are providing a jump start for people to become more inquisitive about the religion and to its teachings.
Are you saying that Iam actually helping its popularity in whatever small way ... Yikes !! :eek::eek:

It's interesting to see few non Muslims harp on about a religion that they have not chosen or have not studied well. It clearly shows the popularity of this religion among young people and why it is the fastest growing religion in the World. I'm a non Muslim but I strongly believe that the threat from religious fundamentalists is not merely coming from the Islamic world it is everywhere. In India you see it in Gujarat. And you also see political parties as the flag bearers of these religious cult groups.. "
HC, That is another faulty thought that has done nothing but bad for this planet and its people. For one, shouldnt Islam(or any other religion) be given respect for its philosphy and not the number of followers? If I had to check fastest growing rates I would look at Stock Exchanges thank you very much, not at religion and cultures. So Islam is fastest growing religion, Jainism may be least fast, does that make Jainism any less than Islam?? I can not understand this line of thinking really. Maybe you can help. xxxx

My question to fella posters is how many of you truly are being affected by this.
I wouldnt say many are affected directly by Islam but almost every one of us have been indirectly affected in some ways. Air travel has become a pain in the butt, esp if u travel with a little one (with all the bans over the gels & fluids u can carry) . Besides the wait in the long security lines, u have to think twice about taking something as silly as a shaving gel. Travel experience is only gonna get worse as terrorists find new ways to make bombs. I think more than the non-Muslims, the people who are affected the most are innocent moderate Muslims themselves. Their life has become miserable. They can neither identify themselves with the extreme kind of their own religion, nor with non-Muslims. Most with Muslims lastnames, are routinely stopped by the security, for interrogation and find travel painful.

I wouldnt say many are affected directly by Islam but almost every one of us have been indirectly affected in some ways. Air travel has become a pain in the butt, esp if u travel with a little one (with all the bans over the gels & fluids u can carry) . Besides the wait in the long security lines, u have to think twice about taking something as silly as a shaving gel. Travel experience is only gonna get worse as terrorists find new ways to make bombs. I think more than the non-Muslims, the people who are affected the most are innocent moderate Muslims themselves. Their life has become miserable. They can neither identify themselves with the extreme kind of their own religion, nor with non-Muslims. Most with Muslims lastnames, are routinely stopped by the security, for interrogation and find travel painful.
Bumper raises two great points. I would agree that all the recent development has made life my life miserable in a very direct manner. In late 90's(when I first came to USA) I can remember seeing-off my friends in true Indian style..at the tarmac on the Airport. This was in small towns admittedly but I have been there, done that. Today forget tarmac you can not see them off even at the Departure Gate. Or the visa renewal process, green card filing and so on. It was much less stringent and one could get visa for a longer period of time, or green card much faster. Today in the name of "verification" it takes so much more longer, even though every computer system, software, hardware are so many times more fast today. I can only imagine how the life would be for an ordinary Muslim. I bet for them it would be infinitely worse. I know from personal experience how shattered a Pakistani girl was when she told her classmates that she was from Pakistan and almost immediately her classmates became a bit apprehensive. xxxx

It's interesting to see few non Muslims harp on about a religion that they have not chosen or have not studied well. It clearly shows the popularity of this religion among young people and why it is the fastest growing religion in the World. I'm a non Muslim but I strongly believe that the threat from religious fundamentalists is not merely coming from the Islamic world it is everywhere. In India you see it in Gujarat. And you also see political parties as the flag bearers of these religious cult groups.. "
HC, That is another faulty thought that has done nothing but bad for this planet and its people. For one, shouldnt Islam(or any other religion) be given respect for its philosphy and not the number of followers? If I had to check fastest growing rates I would look at Stock Exchanges thank you very much, not at religion and cultures. So Islam is fastest growing religion, Jainism may be least fast, does that make Jainism any less than Islam?? I can not understand this line of thinking really. Maybe you can help. xxxx
Lurker, As I said before I dont follow this religion therefore there is no inclination towards it in that terms. I think one of the reason we see this religion growing is because of the nature it is presented to the people nowadays by the media. As you know new generation is now ingested with a cultural smorgasbord of ideas from different angles and they kind of take the horrendous picture of this religion presented to them and embraces it wth a vengeanace towards the so called public. But I agree with you that one has to respect a religion by its philosphy and not by numbers.

Re: Radical Islam - Must see for DR, Bheem etc I guess there will be a time when the not so radical muslims will get sick and tired of the radical ones and will desert the religion. I'm quite sure that will happen and am also sure in the passport the religion column will be added too. Will that end the miseries of the world? I guess not, there will be yet another crisis from some other faction.

Re: Radical Islam - Must see for DR, Bheem etc >You'll have to lookup news from year 2002 to read about riots between Muslim and Hindus and how many were killed and how the state goverment responded to all these riots. care to explain the reason for the riots?? and btw, what part of world you from??

Lurker, As I said before I dont follow this religion therefore there is no inclination towards it in that terms. I think one of the reason we see this religion growing is because of the nature it is presented to the people nowadays by the media. As you know new generation is now ingested with a cultural smorgasbord of ideas from different angles and they kind of take the horrendous picture of this religion presented to them and embraces it wth a vengeanace towards the so called public. But I agree with you that one has to respect a religion by its philosphy and not by numbers.
You could also say the funds that gets provided to these religions play a big part. I saw this program on Nat Geo and it was quite an eye opener. It is not just the ideology these days that is making "A RELIGION" popular. A lot of terrorist groups employ young vulnerable ones (socially and economically backward) in their cadres by funding their families. Now when these economically backward people are funded they are happy to die for any cause. Religion is only a pawn for the terrorists. The poor ones usually do not know where their two meals a day is going to come from but when these guys are picked up provided with fair bit of money, cloting, shelter and food they are happy to go ahead, do thier bit even if it involves risking their lives. There is more than it meets an eye when you quote the most fast growing or sheer numbers.

Re: Radical Islam - Must see for DR, Bheem etc Islam being fastest growing religion is debatable...even if it was then the reason is simple---> SUPER HIGH birth rate. In my neighbourhood I see muslim mums with 6+ kids!!!! The men think of their partners as baby making house cleaning machines. The type of non-muslims that convert to Islam are basically not the type one should be proud of. Scum of the earth mean anything to you? This video sums up how I feel about religion. ALL RELIGIONS! It's just that Islam takes the cake so I have extra tough love for it! http://www.boreme.com/boreme/funny-2006/delusional-p1.php Must watch video!

you dont even spare family members in discussions remember the one time you said those juvenile things abount my better half ?
Stop telling lies and improve your English. I never dissed your other half- i dissed YOU by referencing your other half. A comment such as ' Yo bheem- i feel sorry for your wife man- she got stuck with a real retard' is not an insult to your wife but to YOU.

Bheembhai is NOT confrontational at all in my opinion.
What ?!?! So let me get this straight - a person who advocates that all Indian muslims should be kicked out of India is not confrontational towards Muslims ?!? I hope you say the same about some KKK dude who wants to kick all non-whites out of USA!