Milk/ Fitness/ ChickenBreast/Nuts...everything allowed here!

Gaurav

Guest dada_rocks

Re: Milk/ Fitness/ ChickenBreast/Nuts...everything allowed here!

Don't forget that one of the greatest athletes ever was and is a VEGAN!!!! Carl Lewis the great. He kicked all your meat eaters butt and even came close to beating the steroid monkey Ben Johnson.
Phir wahi murge ki ek taang!! Arre boss thats like saying in your locality there is this lad who topped every freaking University he went to - Oxford or Cambridge. Doesnt mean that you would do the same(no disrespect). Check the odds and then come back and tell us which diet has historically aced most competition. *****
His point is may be it's not diet.. Point taken meat-based stuff are easy to digest but the similar result can be achieved by veg stuff too. PS: Don't know whether there is any veggi substitue for sthg like fish.

Umm hello..hormones buddy..hormones...its in everywhere..if you are pumping the cow with hormones, you are eating those hormones eventually..not good imo.
Is this criticism specifically about Cow? Cos if it is then my argument has always been to beef up, pun intentional, on poultry proteins. At the same time let it be also known that it is not exactly that vegetable are grown in best natural manner. They are beefed up with fertlizers and a lot of similar stuff. Those living in Bombay would tell you how there are small plots of land in the town itself and the crops are fed by the gutter water that flows right next to it. Should the veggies stop eating the crops then? xxx

Go organic.
Big cost difference. Often almost as good as twice the rate. Not many would be afford it. Waise recently there was this episode on NBC where they showed that there is little difference between Organic and non-Organic foods(both plants and animals). xxx

Go organic.
Big cost difference. Often almost as good as twice the rate. Not many would be afford it. Waise recently there was this episode on NBC where they showed that there is little difference between Organic and non-Organic foods(both plants and animals). *****
The cost difference isn't that much, specially in the US. It might be around 50% higher but given the percentage of one's income a person in the US spends on grocery its not much. I generally spend around $300-$350 on grocery per month. If I was not buying organic stuff I would be spending around $200 atleast. For $100-150 a month I am buying food free of hormones, pesticides, and genetic modeling. Well worth it IMO. And there is a huge support group of big corporations trying to belittle organic food as carrying little value so take everything coming out in the mainstream media with a truck load of salt.

The cost difference isn't that much, specially in the US. It might be around 50% higher but given the percentage of one's income a person in the US spends on grocery its not much. I generally spend around $300-$350 on grocery per month. If I was not buying organic stuff I would be spending around $200 atleast. For $100-150 a month I am buying food free of hormones, pesticides, and genetic modeling. Well worth it IMO. And there is a huge support group of big corporations trying to belittle organic food as carrying little value so take everything coming out in the mainstream media with a truck load of salt.
See again there is that whole conspiracy angle that I am not comfortable with. That of big corporations trying to gulp up Oragnic Food. As a consumer I say I have used both and I frankly did not see any difference. By the way there is also "organic" meat if you will. Poultry that is raised on natural diet etc. So meat eaters can go for that if they want to, it is costly though, almost twice when it comes to eggs, and almost 3 times when they are fed diets rich in Omega 3 and stuff. Any way you look at it Shwetabh it is costly. Even if you admit 50% that is an extra 50% to be shelled(I have seen it often much more than that, like the egg example up above). xxxx

See again there is that whole conspiracy angle that I am not comfortable with. That of big corporations trying to gulp up Oragnic Food. As a consumer I say I have used both and I frankly did not see any difference.
Where is the conspiracy theory in this? Its simple business and can be witnessed in practise. Look at how the big corporations have gobbled up smaller shops. Take Starbucks and coffee as an example. I have been witness to numerous small, private coffee shops going out of business as soon as a Starbucks opens up in the neighbourhood because they cant sustain the kind of prices these guys bring in despite serving cr@p coffee. And yeah, you wont "feel" the difference in most products but if you want to feel and see the difference then try organic and free range poultry for example. Instead of fatty chicken where four of them are locked up in a tiny cage you'll get lean chicken with very little fat.
Any way you look at it Shwetabh it is costly. Even if you admit 50% that is an extra 50% to be shelled(I have seen it often much more than that, like the egg example up above).
You're missing the point Lurker. Even if it is twice as expensive its only a $150 differential per month. Why would I ingest harmful hormones, pesticides, and genetically modified cr@p when all I am spending is $150 per month extra?

Re: Milk/ Fitness/ ChickenBreast/Nuts...everything allowed here! My oral 6ex intake is taken care of thanks to me finishing the shopping :lmao:

Phir wahi murge ki ek taang!! Arre boss thats like saying in your locality there is this lad who topped every freaking University he went to - Oxford or Cambridge. Doesnt mean that you would do the same(no disrespect) *****
Abhe agar murgee ki dusree tang tum pakd ke bathe jaoge to hum ko to ek hi choice hogi na? :hic: Look Pred was saying that meat gives you more energy and vegetarians are weaker as a result etc. Carl Lewis was competing with top meat eating athletes of the world and beating them. If lack of meat had been a problem like Pred reckons then surely that weakness would have been exposed when competing with some of the worlds top most athletes (Talent or no talent). In a sport like 100m dash talent is useless if your diet is making you inferior when the other meat eaters are also talented. Abh samje mera point? I never said that just because Carl was vegan then as a result all vegetarians including myself would be as fast as him. I want to be the best my genetic make up allows me to be. A vegetarian diet allows me to do that PERIOD! Even "IF" veggie diet was slightly inferior the ethical reasons alone make up the difference for me. Reality is that veggie diet combined with ethics leaves non veg diet in the trash bin for me.

Re: Milk/ Fitness/ ChickenBreast/Nuts...everything allowed here! Lurker mere bhai there is conspiracy theories and then there is B&W reality. You have no idea how big business has a grip on things. Mafia ka raj hai mere bhai.

Where is the conspiracy theory in this? Its simple business and can be witnessed in practise. Look at how the big corporations have gobbled up smaller shops. Take Starbucks and coffee as an example. I have been witness to numerous small, private coffee shops going out of business as soon as a Starbucks opens up in the neighbourhood because they cant sustain the kind of prices these guys bring in despite serving cr@p coffee.
I agree with that. However it is not exactly the same now is it Shwetabh. People go to Wal-Mart or Starbucks for reasons ranging from cheap goods(Wal-Mart) to having everything at one place. From being a status symbol(Starbucks) to actually liking it. Wal-Mart and starbucks market themselves but they do not go about denouncing other companies(Target, Kmart,Dunkin Donuts or any Mom and Pop Stores) On the other hand criticism of Organic products as being no different to Regular products is a direct criticism. In your own words a criticism done by big corporations to push down organic companies. xxx

Re: Milk/ Fitness/ ChickenBreast/Nuts...everything allowed here! Isn't Lance Armstrong a veg also? Not sure. Srinath was a veggie too if not mistaken and could bowl as fast and as well as the rest of them.

Look Pred was saying that meat gives you more energy and vegetarians are weaker as a result etc. Carl Lewis was competing with top meat eating athletes of the world and beating them. If lack of meat had been a problem like Pred reckons then surely that weakness would have been exposed when competing with some of the worlds top most athletes (Talent or no talent). In a sport like 100m dash talent is useless if your diet is making you inferior when the other meat eaters are also talented. Abh samje mera point?
Dekh yaar GKD abhi hum log 10 din tak yahi karte rahenge. Chal isko jaldi nipta dete hain. Ek kaam kar. My weight is about 190 pounds. I need atleast 190 gm proteins everyday. And my dail diet should not have more than 2500 calories total. Ab chal tu mujhe ek vegan diet bata de jehan se aisa mujhe mil sake everyday? Theek hai. Now get cracking, no bahanas. xxxx

Wal-Mart and starbucks market themselves but they do not go about denouncing other companies(Target, Kmart,Dunkin Donuts or any Mom and Pop Stores)
Thats completely wrong. Mom and Pop stores have been driven out of business for the simple reason that they cannot afford to sell their products at the prices Walmart or Starbucks keep them at.
On the other hand criticism of Organic products as being no different to Regular products is a direct criticism. In your own words a criticism done by big corporations to push down organic companies.
Better sources than NBC programs are actual journal articles on organic food is my point. And its a lot of common sense as well. How can alien hormones have any positive impact on my body? How can food grown with pesticides be better than without it? Remember it took a long time for people to realise that DDT is junk. So research takes time but the preliminary results are pretty much in favour of organic. On genetically modified food, the verdict is still ambiguous but as far as hormones and pesticides are concerned its in favour of organic.

Re: Milk/ Fitness/ ChickenBreast/Nuts...everything allowed here! Don't think Lance is vegetarian. I don't know anyway. Coppi Fausto on the other hand a great cyclist was veggie and won Tour de France twice I think. Ed Moses--> UNDEFEATED over 400m Martina Navratilova--> Needs no introduction Bottom line is that Veggie athletes are NOT inferior!!!

Dekh yaar GKD abhi hum log 10 din tak yahi karte rahenge. Chal isko jaldi nipta dete hain. Ek kaam kar. My weight is about 190 pounds. I need atleast 190 gm proteins everyday. And my dail diet should not have more than 2500 calories total. Ab chal tu mujhe ek vegan diet bata de jehan se aisa mujhe mil sake everyday? Theek hai. Now get cracking, no bahanas. xxxx
Me body builder nahi hun just a fitness fanatic. I like being fit but not bulky like HE MAN :hic: Apne question tu ise forum mein puch le- http://www.veganbodybuilding.com/ Direct link to the forum- http://www.veganbodybuilding.com/phpBB2/

From google' date=' 100 grams of tofu has 8 grams of protein and 73 calories. Should fit your criteria, Lurker.[/quote'] 100 gms of Tofu has 73 calories Shwetabh? Something is not quite right. I mean carbs and proteins have 4 calories per gram and fat has 9 calories per gram. So 100 gms should have minimum 400 calories(if it was all carbs or proteins) or maximum 900 cals. How is it 73?? Somethings is not right here..unless of course a large percentage is due to water...but tofu is solid isnt it? Check this up for me please. xxx

Me body builder nahi hun just a fitness fanatic. I like being fit but not bulky like HE MAN :hic: Apne question tu ise forum mein puch le- http://www.veganbodybuilding.com/ Direct link to the forum- http://www.veganbodybuilding.com/phpBB2/
Dekh ho gaya na locha phir se. See this is the problem with vegans. Direct answer nahin dete ho yaar tum log. This is what I had asked 6 months back, this is what Predator has asked a month or so back and this is what I ask again and look what I get..a link. Now go ahead and ask me the same question and I shall put you an exact diet for 2500 calories with ample protein, and I can bet Predator can do it too. No I am not suggesting we know more, but that we are talking concrete numbers here while I get only an idelogoical answer from vegans. :roll::roll: