Greg and Dada: Best new friends?

Guest dada_rocks

Guest dada_rocks

Greg and Dada: Best new friends? BOBILLI VIJAY KUMAR| TIMES NEWS NETWORK RSS Feeds| SMS CRI to 8888 for latest updates POTCHEFSTROOM, Dec 8: Indian coach Greg Chappell praised Sourav Ganguly for his fighting knock of 83 on Thursday. "It has been very nice right since he came here. He was calm and relaxed and the boys have taken to him nicely. I am a professional coach and he a professional player, so there?s absolutely no problem," Chappell said. He conceded that, just like in life, one got along nicely with a few and not so well with others. "That is only natural. As long as it doesn?t affect the working relationship, it?s perfectly all right," he explained. "The vibes from him have been very positive too." Chappell maintained that what had happened was over, and well in the past. "Let me make it clear that whatever happened had nothing to do with personalities. It was not about Greg Chappell or Sourav Ganguly. It was all, what I thought, was good for Indian cricket," Chappell said. "If he continues batting like this how will I have any problems with him," he added. "I am an Australian. We are used to being blunt, saying things as they are. We can continue to be fine with each other after that too. In India maybe people take it as a slight and don?t forget it easily," he said, in a resigned tone. Chappell, however, is doing everything he can in the meantime to make things easier for Ganguly and the team. On Thursday, as the team was cooling down, he even invited Ganguly to speak about his experience during the day, about batting here. "He spoke at length, breaking down his stay in the middle very nicely. He made some very interesting and pertinent points that I am sure will help the others to get things in perspective too," he said. Clearly, Ganguly has not only come back but has made an immediate impact too. As evening turned into night and made way for morning, things became even brighter. Like always, Chappell and his assistant Ian Frazer were out at the nets, ready to help anybody who was willing to spend some time there. One of the players who stepped forward with a request was Ganguly himself. He wanted to work on the short balls, and his cutting. "Out here in South Africa and even in Australia, the cut is one of the most productive shots. He was keen on working on it," said Chappell. So what does Chappell do? He takes the ball, goes closer to Ganguly, half way down the wicket, and starts hurling the ball at him. As Ganguly started playing his strokes, Chappell was ready with suggestions and a word of praise too. Life has clearly come a full circle for Indian cricket. Hopefully it will only get better from here.