Why SL captains?

girishk14

Why have two of the teams chosen Sri Lankan captains? They won't be available after april due to England tour (unless they have made arrangements to temperorily retire from tests like they did before for IPL) . The team compositions are new, and a consistent and permanent captain is required.

Well...Eng vs SL 1st test start late May...around May 26 or something like that. So Maybe SL players might be able to play late in the IPL season. Anyway...yes...DC & Kochi are set for a bad seaason....that will be dominated by CSK, MI & KKR

I think the practice match is on may 8th. So they'll probably ave to leave much before that. I think its CSK's turn to have a bad season. They never really dominated the IPL as fans claim, they just always managed to scrape through, thanks to individual brilliance - hayden in first n 2nd season, bollinger in 3rd season and dhonis sixes again irfan. The worst part, they've lost their most important weapon, whos name was enough to control batsmen for 4 overs.

A few teams have made horrible team selection with no thought given to the balance. Hence they need to make anyone with prior experience captain. Deccan and Kochi have no senior domestic player in their squad. Laxman is in Kochi but i doubt he would be a regular in the team for the full tournament.

I think the practice match is on may 8th. So they'll probably ave to leave much before that. I think its CSK's turn to have a bad season. They never really dominated the IPL as fans claim, they just always managed to scrape through, thanks to individual brilliance - hayden in first n 2nd season, bollinger in 3rd season and dhonis sixes again irfan. The worst part, they've lost their most important weapon, whos name was enough to control batsmen for 4 overs.
You forgot the individual brilliances of Vijay and Raina and Balaji and Badri and Ashwin, which almost makes it a brilliant team. :winky: BTW, Murali has been a great asset, but honestly he won't be missed much cause the impact of a single bowler in T20s is much less than say a 50 over match unless you were monstrous like Bollinger was.

You forgot the individual brilliances of Vijay and Raina and Balaji and Badri and Ashwin, which almost makes it a brilliant team. :winky: BTW, Murali has been a great asset, but honestly he won't be missed much cause the impact of a single bowler in T20s is much less than say a 50 over match unless you were monstrous like Bollinger was.
Bollinger did well in 2/3 matches and gave CSK the spark they needed. But he definitely is cannon fodder too. Nobody can control batsmen the way Kumble/Murali can !

Bollinger did well in 2/3 matches and gave CSK the spark they needed. But he definitely is cannon fodder too. Nobody can control batsmen the way Kumble/Murali can !
Cannon fodder based on what? He was the best fast bowler in IPL3 and top 3 fast bowlers in the world in ODIs in last 2 years. Dont be fooled by his test form

Cannon fodder based on what? He was the best fast bowler in IPL3 and top 3 fast bowlers in the world in ODIs in last 2 years. Dont be fooled by his test form
i agree with you bollinger was very bad in test but that doesn't make him a poor bowler in T20 or ODI. he is one bowler that the openers has to fear... but for players like pollard... we have ashwin:dance: