Greg Chappell bagged by Cricket Australia.

Former Team India coach Greg Chappell has been contracted by Cricket Australia to work as consultant coach at its Centre of Excellence in Brisbane. According to Sydney Morning Herald, Chappell, along with his Team India predecessor John Wright and former Australian pacer Bruce Reid, has been roped in to work part-time at the academy. Incidentally, Reid too had a stint with the Indian cricket team as its bowling coach during the side's Down Under tour in 2003. Wright was in fact CA's first choice to fill the void created after Tim Nielsen left the head coach's job to succeed John Buchanan with the Australian team. But Wright, who had a successful 2000-2005 stint with the Indian side, was not ready to relocate his family and withdrew from the race. http://www.rediff.com/cricket/2007/jun/06chap.htm

So basically there would be an Indian connection(3 of them) in Australian Center of Excellence. Greg Chappell overall was not as bad a coach as he was eventually made out to be. Thanks to our aging prima donnas we were humiliated at the WC 2007 and it was Greggie that became the scapegoat. xxx

John Wright has rejected the high performance coach role he was offered in Melbourne as he wants to spend more time at home.
Interesting. I would have thought he would take it. Unless he did not see it as challenging enough. By the way Melbourne should not be that far from NZ is it? I am guessing 2-3 hours by flight. So wonder how much of his not being at home complain is valid. On a different note Ravi, do Australian citizen need a visa to come to NZ(and vice versa)? xxxx
So basically there would be an Indian connection(3 of them) in Australian Center of Excellence. Greg Chappell overall was not as bad a coach as he was eventually made out to be. Thanks to our aging prima donnas we were humiliated at the WC 2007 and it was Greggie that became the scapegoat. xxx
true Lurks... there were a lot of self-proclaimed experts who attributed everything on Greg without using an inkling of cricket knowledge....
Interesting. I would have thought he would take it. Unless he did not see it as challenging enough. By the way Melbourne should not be that far from NZ is it? I am guessing 2-3 hours by flight. So wonder how much of his not being at home complain is valid. On a different note Ravi, do Australian citizen need a visa to come to NZ(and vice versa)? xxxx
Yup it doesn't take long to get to Melbourne but daily travel is not viable. John Wright has two teenage kids and wanted to spend time at home rather than take up a job overseas. I'll post that article in a minute here. Nope no visa required Lurker. You can travel when you like. In fact we don't require visa to travel to a lot of countries including US of A. We can go to Aussie anytime and work there without any kind of working visa or something. It's the same for an Aussie over here.
Nope no visa required Lurker. You can travel when you like. In fact we don't require visa to travel to a lot of countries including US of A. We can go to Aussie anytime and work there without any kind of working visa or something. It's the same for an Aussie over here.
Damn man thats not fair! From whatever I have read/heard Australian emigration policies are quite decent. And once you become a citizen the perks(like travel without visas to NZ or US or UK) are always there. Imagine flying to Sydney to watch a Ind-Aus game without any hassles. Seems like the emigration policies are the absolute worst in US. Takes forever. If I had to take a guess I would say it probably takes 10 years in US to be at the same stage(status wise) as it would take 5 in Australia. :angry_smile: