Is Indian media overhyping short ball weakness?

From wherever i have heard ,i always hear HT,TOI all talking about the perceived short ball weakness of India.They seem to say that west indies with their "so called "pace battery will retired hurt all the batsman or make india all out for 25.This stupid hype by the media as they do not have anything else also puts pressure on the players and creates doubt in their minds.... Refer HT,TOI,Hindu ... Is there really a weakness or is it just over-exaggeration by the stupid news channels?

Is there really a weakness or is it just over-exaggeration by the stupid news channels?
Both, but more media stupidity from non-players and ex-player pundits. SL, Pakistan, Bangladesh, and India all have weaknesses against short ball due to the domestic conditions. But in a Test match scenario it's the easiest weakness to fix and deal with, hence that's why India is No. 1. Every nation that India plays against, Indian batsmen get peppered with short pitched stuff, but still end-up stockpiling 400plus runs regularly. Young Indian players just need to learn to be patient and leave the right bowls...i.e. observe Dravid and Tendulkar. It's pace and swing that does in the Indian batsmen, and that is true for all players around the world.

This is just insane...for me, if batsman know the way to deal with these short balls, it should be fine....he need not hook or pull to score a centuary. classic example for this would be all time gre8 steve waugh.....i never know anybody struggle more than him and yet score more than 10,000 run in test arena.....so, it should not really worry about india chnaces in WI series....it will take some time for teh likes of vijay, raina to consistently deal with these deliveries. what worries me would be the balls which are just short of good length. Having said that these young guns are not good with back foot, it will be interesting to see. Would love to see players like ajinkya rahane in the team. Decent back foot player..