archived radio commentary?

jukkha

Hi Guys, Great site you have here. A lot of the time, i don't get to 'watch' the games 'live' and have to listen on radio 5 live (Jonathan agnew) or long wave (non digital version). Their commentry is fantastic and i still have special memories of listening to the England v India match 2002 natwest final. I was driving a 5 hour journey at the time to the south of England. Is there any site to download full commentary of past matches? or even to buy? I mean, there must be surely? Is this what podcasts are? many thanks, Jukkha.

Thanks Ravi, i have seen the videos and they are fantastic. The reason i need radio archive is due to the fact that i am on the road a lot and instead of listening to music all the time, i would love to hear archived cricket radio commentary. Some great conversations go on (as well as the cricket). Also I get goose pimples listening to some of the great strokes being played, (i.e. Dhoni hitting Pieterson for 2 sixes etc..)

I'm a big fan of cricket commentary. I usually end up listening to any cricket (including English domestic cricket) while trying to get some sleep. It helps England summer is our winter. BBC is a good source to listen to live audio commentary. Sorry couldn't be of much use other than typing something not too relevant to what you were looking for :P

Thanks Ravi' date=' i have seen the videos and they are fantastic. The reason i need radio archive is due to the fact that i am on the road a lot and instead of listening to music all the time, i would love to hear archived cricket radio commentary. Some great conversations go on (as well as the cricket). Also I get goose pimples listening to some of the great strokes being played, (i.e. Dhoni hitting Pieterson for 2 sixes etc..)[/quote'] Hmm fantastic Idea.. I wonder if radio BBC or others air archived cricket match commentaries... Highly doubtful but if they do, but atleast we could record commentaries for the new matches. If there are any online radio channels for the commentary, archiving them would be easier of course.
Archiving audio is not a problem at all. The size of the mp3 is so low we can fit entire day's commentary in a 50 MB mp3 file.
Yup precisely the reason why I think it's a fantastic idea :D. Plus radio commentary has it's own charm
Cool, so can we do this from now on.. All the england v india one dayers will be broadcasted on five live extra: http://www.bbc.co.uk/fivelive/sportsextra/ The commentary on the radio is so much more concise and detailed compared to tv.
Thanks for the link jukkha.. we'll try to hook up some system to download the stream. @Ravi: you reckon it's okay to download them ? Any legal issues regarding radio commentary that u're aware of ?

I think there sure is a legal issue with that. You can't quite reproduce the original work. We can't reproduce or make it available for download from what I know. Still it is a bit of a grey area as people can record it on the tape. The advent of mp3 and copyright has only confused this issue further.