Shoaib Left out of squad for SA

Rohan495

Re: Shoaib Left out of squad for SA Baadshah, MP...what do you think? Can Pakistan win the series against SA? What's your prediction of a series result? Dave Houghton called this Pakistan side a very strong one and felt SA would have a very tough time. What do you feel?

Re: Shoaib Left out of squad for SA

Baadshah, MP...what do you think? Can Pakistan win the series against SA? What's your prediction of a series result? Dave Houghton called this Pakistan side a very strong one and felt SA would have a very tough time. What do you feel?
PAK will play their best cricket in the ODI series now that does not mean that we will win the ODI series and lose the test series in fact it could the other way around but all i am saying is that i don't expect any miracles in the 1st and 2nd test matches. You need more than 1 warm up game before you are thrown in to a test series especially when the pitches are totally different from the ones back home. If you look at Pakistan's record in the last year or so then at first glance it looks a very good record with 4 out 5 series wins but all of those series wins came in sub continent and PAK's last 2 most embarrassing defeats in test matches came when we were put on bouncy pitches(Perth and Old Trafford). So keeping that in mind i will pleasantly surprised if we didn't lose the 1st test match how ever i expect PAK to fully adjust by the 3rd test but hopefully by then the series would not have been lost. My prediction Test series : 1-1.

Re: Shoaib Left out of squad for SA Dhondy, I think not having Shoaib will obviously be a blow but i'm confident our other seamers can do a good job. Asif and Gul are both tall and hit the seam so the pitches in SA should suit them and Rana and Nazir both have the ability to swing the ball. I think, with or without Shoaib, the key factor will be whether or not our batsmen can score enough runs for the bowlers to defend a total.

Last time they had attack consisting of Waqar' date= Akram and Shoaib...and all I remember is 200+ run opening partnership by Smith and Gibbs.
Well you were 33% correct :lmao: The bowling attack in that game was - Waqar, Sami, Zahid and Saqlain.

Re: Shoaib Left out of squad for SA Blessing in disguise for Pakistan. Their current pacers are 100 times better than Shoaib and throw less tantrums. Shoiab is over the top, can't sustain quality bowling for more than 3-4 overs and is a huge burden on the team. Inzimam and Woolmer should be quite glad he is not on the tour party. BTW I think Pakistan's bowling is over rated as was out of form India's batting on the current tour. Pakistan's batting is for once going to win them games not bowling. Time for Inzi and Yousuf to amend their batting record in South Africa.

Blessing in disguise for Pakistan. Their current pacers are 100 times better than Shoaib and throw less tantrums. .
I knew we had a good attack but i didn't think we were that good to have bowlers who are 100 times better than a man with 165 wickets at a bowling average of 25 and the 2nd best SR since World War 1( with 100+ wickets that is)....so i guess 3 nil PAK :wtg:

I knew we had a good attack but i didn't think we were that good to have bowlers who are 100 times better than a man with 165 wickets at a bowling average of 25 and the 2nd best SR since World War 1( with 100+ wickets that is)....so i guess 3 nil PAK
Who cares what SR or average he has??? After having played for nearly 10 years he has only 165 wickets to show? Shoaib only picks and chooses the games. Highly inconsistent and as I said one of the most over rated bowlers of our days. His best days are behind him and we all know how well he has performed after the series against England at home. BTW 165 wickets is far too less a sample to even put him among 3rd best in the world. Ntini has played less number of years than Shoaib and has 280 wickets. That pretty much says it all. Over this he has been caught for doping and has got 165 wickets in test cricket. What would he have achieved without doping???? Probably not more than 50 test wickets. This fella is just a waste of space and is a great example for young ones to look to see what bad substance can do to a man. This guy should be used as a specimen in world cricket to show the young one how not to span a career :hic:

Re: Shoaib Left out of squad for SA Everyone knows that he is extremely injury prone but when fit he is one of the most devastating bowler in the world and stats prove it...how many other bowlers have been able to pick 165 test wickets at an average of 25 and SR of 44!.... That BTB(Bouncy track bully) Ntini is a good bowler but not in the same league as Shoaib.

Everyone knows that he is extremely injury prone but when fit he is one of the most devastating bowler in the world and stats prove it...how many other bowlers have been able to pick 165 test wickets at an average of 25 and SR of 44!.... That BTB(Bouncy track bully) Ntini is a good bowler but not in the same league as Shoaib.
You are absoltuely blinded mate and can't see the other side of the coin. If he is injury prone it is not my problem is it? If you try all kinds of drugs, this is exactly what happens :duh: Comparing Shoaib that has about 165 wickets to Ntini that has about 280 wicket is like comparing a Toyota to Land Rover (won't call Ntini Ferrari either). Do you know 165 wickets means absolutely nothing in the a career spanning 10 years??? For a bowler to be called devastating he has to be consistent and should be a threat all the time. What is the threat Shoaib at the most can pose? 3 overs at the most and will then walk away for the rest of the game holding his ankle. Marshall, Holding, Roberts, Shane Bond, Dennis Lillee, Waqar, Akram, Waqar can be termed devastating. Think about putting Shoaib in this list and you will come a cropper.

Everyone knows that he is extremely injury prone but when fit he is one of the most devastating bowler in the world and stats prove it...how many other bowlers have been able to pick 165 test wickets at an average of 25 and SR of 44!.... That BTB(Bouncy track bully) Ntini is a good bowler but not in the same league as Shoaib.
You are absoltuely blinded mate and can't see the other side of the coin. If he is injury prone it is not my problem is it? If you try all kinds of drugs, this is exactly what happens :duh: Comparing Shoaib that has about 165 wickets to Ntini that has about 280 wicket is like comparing a Toyota to Land Rover (won't call Ntini Ferrari either). Do you know 165 wickets means absolutely nothing in the a career spanning 10 years??? For a bowler to be called devastating he has to be consistent and should be a threat all the time. What is the threat Shoaib at the most can pose? 3 overs at the most and will then walk away for the rest of the game holding his ankle. Marshall, Holding, Roberts, Shane Bond, Dennis Lillee, Waqar, Akram, Waqar can be termed devastating. Think about putting Shoaib in this list and you will come a cropper.
Obviously you don't know that Shoaib has been tested many times before and off course has passed all of them. It's funny that you as quick as a Ferrari to call Shoaib's 165 wickets a 'toyota' yet forgetting about the fact that he has a far better average than Ntini, far better SR and has the ability to perform on any kind of a wicket. What's even more funny is that after saying all of these things you start talking about Shane Bond....so basically contradicting every thing you said before. The other names you mentioned are of legends...some of the greatest bowlers to play the game and i agree Shoaib isn't as good as them.

Obviously you don't know that Shoaib has been tested many times before and off course has passed all of them.
I didn't pull his name out of a hat, it was the Pakistan cricket set up that caught him and banned him first.
It's funny that you as quick as a Ferrari to call Shoaib's 165 wickets a 'toyota' yet forgetting about the fact that he has a far better average than Ntini, far better SR and has the ability to perform on any kind of a wicket. What's even more funny is that after saying all of these things you start talking about Shane Bond....so basically contradicting every thing you said before.
I included Bond in the list because you asked how many have better strike rate and average than Shoaib. Also the other reason is Bond can bowl longer spells at sustained pace than Shoaib when he is fit to play. Again no comparison between Bondy and Shoab. Bondy wins hands down on all accounts. Again there is something called longevity that needs to be considered than just what average and strike rate can suggest. My reasoning is pretty simple, Shoaib is not a team man, always ready to create a rift, has not performed consistently enough nor has enough discipline. He is a rather a pain in the arse for team management and over it he is not going to win Pakistan any tests considering he may not even be fit enough to bowl 3 overs in a row. How can he be devastating and in the current form Umar Gul is 100 times better than Shoaib. I say this once again, Shoaib is over hyped and will not contribute anything positive to the side rather he can cause more damage. Ntini on the other hand may have less average or a strike rate but he is always ready to bowl and can sustain pressure for a longer period of time keeping one end tight if not striking every other over. It is better to bowl like Pollock or Ntini than Shoaib any day IMO.

Re: Shoaib Left out of squad for SA Pakistan is gonna have a very tough time against the Proteas methinks. I rate the Indian middle order very highly: Sehwag Yuvraj, Wasim Jaffer, etc Dravid SRT VVS Ganguly Dhoni+ That is a VERY TOUGH order to get through and so the Saffie bowlers will have enough match 'practice' under their belt by the time the Pakistanis arrive. And if this wasn't enough, Indian bowling has really hit it's stride, and have kept the Saffie batsmen on their toes. I think this Test series is gonna produce a more determined South Africa after its over, not a demoralized or tired one.

MP. the grapevine has it that Shoaib was actually left out at Inzi's behest' date=' despite the selection committee being keen on him. Now why would he do that to one of the "greatest ever bowlers?"[/quote'] Shoaib isn't match fit...even when he is 100% he can still be injury prone and in his case he is mere 50-60% fit( he himself said that) so there is no need to take a chance especially when you already have a potent pace attack. Secondly i don't see where i called him one of the greatest ever bowlers? in i made it quite clear that Shoaib wasn't any way near as good as the 2Ws, Holding, Marshall etc.

I included Bond in the list because you asked how many have better strike rate and average than Shoaib. Also the other reason is Bond can bowl longer spells at sustained pace than Shoaib when he is fit to play. Again no comparison between Bondy and Shoab. Bondy wins hands down on all accounts. .
I also mentioned about 165 test wicket...here is exactly what i said 'how many other bowlers have been able to pick 165 test wickets at an average of 25 and SR of 44!'
Again there is something called longevity that needs to be considered than just what average and strike rate can suggest. My reasoning is pretty simple, Shoaib is not a team man, always ready to create a rift, has not performed consistently enough nor has enough discipline. He is a rather a pain in the arse for team management and over it he is not going to win Pakistan any tests considering he may not even be fit enough to bowl 3 overs in a row. How can he be devastating and in the current form Umar Gul is 100 times better than Shoaib. I say this once again, Shoaib is over hyped and will not contribute anything positive to the side rather he can cause more damage. Ntini on the other hand may have less average or a strike rate but he is always ready to bowl and can sustain pressure for a longer period of time keeping one end tight if not striking every other over. It is better to bowl like Pollock or Ntini than Shoaib any day IMO.
I agree that Shoaib's poor fitness level has always been a worry and that's why he will never be considered a 'great' bowler how ever when he is fully fit he can be one of the most devastating bowlers in the world....just look what he did to ENG in both ODIs and tests last year and how he performed in the ODI series this year.