Toffee Kumar is Pakistan's best batsman in SA

Bumper

Re: Toffee Kumar is Pakistan's best batsman in SA Pakistan is lucky not to be playing at Johannesburg or Durban, two of the toughest pitches for Asian teams. Port Elizabeth & Cape Town are not as hostile for batsmen, so we may see Moyo knocking a ton for the first time on SA soil.

Re: Toffee Kumar is Pakistan's best batsman in SA

Buddy you forgot about Azhar Mahmood...i think he is number 2!
Azhar Mahmood has been in good form for Surrey is it? I guess he is a forgotten man of Pakistan cricket. Alongwith Razzaq he was one of the better players in Pakistan few years ago.

Buddy you forgot about Azhar Mahmood...i think he is number 2!
Azhar Mahmood has been in good form for Surrey is it? I guess he is a forgotten man of Pakistan cricket. Alongwith Razzaq he was one of the better players in Pakistan few years ago.
He was a genuine talent but now he is past his prime and not in good shape so i don't think he will be a factor on those slow W Indian pitches. For some strange reason both of them have gone downhill, i remember that 19 year old A Razzaq was probably the best ODI player in the team that included the 2 Ws, Shoaib, Inzi and Saeed....that's how good a player he was but now he is nothing more than a good ODI hitter and a bit more than a part time bowler.

For some strange reason both of them have gone downhill, i remember that 19 year old A Razzaq was probably the best ODI player in the team that included the 2 Ws, Shoaib, Inzi and Saeed....that's how good a player he was but now he is nothing more than a good ODI hitter and a bit more than a part time bowler.
Razzak was never anything more than bits and pieces player whose game was only suited for One Day Internationals. In fact his one day stats are better than those of Wasim Akram and comparable, if not better, than Imran. Check out. Razzaq - 224 LOI batting- 4403 runs, 30.5 avg, 80.2 strike rate, 2 100, 22 50 bowling- 243 wickets, 30.78 avg, 4.65 eco, 39.6 strike rate, 4 wickets in innings 8 times, 5 wickets 3 times. Wasim Akram - 356 LOI batting - 3717 runs, 16.5 avg, 88 strike rate, 0 100, 6 50 bowling - 502 wickets, 23.5 avg, 3.89 eco, 36.2 strike rate, 4 wickets 17 times, 5 wickets 6 times. (Clearly Razzak is miles ahead of Akram in batting and atleast comparable in bowling) Imran - 175 LOI batting - 3709 runs, 33 avg, 72 strike rate, 1 100 and 19 50 bowling - 182 wickets, 26.6 avg, 3.89 eco, 40.99 strike rate, 4 wickets 3 times, 5 wickets once. (CLearly Razzak can match Imran in both arenas). Above is a classic example of how stats can go wrong. Razzaq, while certainly important for Pakistan, was never half the player as compared to either of the gents mentioned above. The time when he came across as Pakistan's best was because of his hard work and lack thereof of other players. I beleive Razzaq achieved as much talent as he had. Mahmood was a worse talent, though he should have played more. Surely if Rameez Raja could play 57 tests then.... xxx

For some strange reason both of them have gone downhill, i remember that 19 year old A Razzaq was probably the best ODI player in the team that included the 2 Ws, Shoaib, Inzi and Saeed....that's how good a player he was but now he is nothing more than a good ODI hitter and a bit more than a part time bowler.
Razzak was never anything more than bits and pieces player whose game was only suited for One Day Internationals. In fact his one day stats are better than those of Wasim Akram and comparable, if not better, than Imran. Check out. Razzaq - 224 LOI batting- 4403 runs, 30.5 avg, 80.2 strike rate, 2 100, 22 50 bowling- 243 wickets, 30.78 avg, 4.65 eco, 39.6 strike rate, 4 wickets in innings 8 times, 5 wickets 3 times. Wasim Akram - 356 LOI batting - 3717 runs, 16.5 avg, 88 strike rate, 0 100, 6 50 bowling - 502 wickets, 23.5 avg, 3.89 eco, 36.2 strike rate, 4 wickets 17 times, 5 wickets 6 times. (Clearly Razzak is miles ahead of Akram in batting and atleast comparable in bowling) Imran - 175 LOI batting - 3709 runs, 33 avg, 72 strike rate, 1 100 and 19 50 bowling - 182 wickets, 26.6 avg, 3.89 eco, 40.99 strike rate, 4 wickets 3 times, 5 wickets once. (CLearly Razzak can match Imran in both arenas). Above is a classic example of how stats can go wrong. Razzaq, while certainly important for Pakistan, was never half the player as compared to either of the gents mentioned above. The time when he came across as Pakistan's best was because of his hard work and lack thereof of other players. I beleive Razzaq achieved as much talent as he had. Mahmood was a worse talent, though he should have played more. Surely if Rameez Raja could play 57 tests then.... xxx
:lmao: I was about to rip into your post until i read this. Phew!

Re: Toffee Kumar is Pakistan's best batsman in SA The A Razzaq of old (1996-2000) used to average about 23 with the ball and still gave you 26-27 runs with the bat and had the ability to bat anywhere in the batting order...that's the A Razzaq i want to see. The A Razzaq of today is a slightly better batsman than he once was but bowling wise he is nothing more than a trundler.