Moin Khan arrested

shailesh

rediff Former Pakistan captain Moin Khan was arrested after an incident that prompted his wife to file charges against him, a police official said in Karachi on Wednesday. The former wicketkeeper, who played 69 Tests and 219 one-day internationals, was detained at a police station in the upmarket Clifton area of Pakistan's biggest city. "His wife called up the police emergency number early Tuesday morning and alleged her husband was drunk and beating her," inspector Zia-ul-Hasan said. "He was released on bail by a judicial court but his wife has not withdrawn her charges against him," Hasan added. Moin conceded he is out of order but asked for privacy to allow him to resolve the issue. "I just want everyone to allow us the privacy to deal with the situation. My actions were emotional and should not have happened," he said. Moin, 36, and his wife Tasleem have three children.

Guest dada_rocks

Re: Moin Khan arrested

isn't drinking a sin in islam??
He might have thought he was already in Jannat now there boozing whroing everything is perfectly legal and even desirable behaviour.

Re: Moin Khan arrested That does mean drinking is banned in Pakistan right MP? BTW was he arrested primarily for drinking and if yes, will he have to serve a sentence or something? Man your guys in your country are pretty harsh. You can't put someone behind bars just because he had couple of drinks as long as he was not vadalizing public property or something :shrug:

R' date=' Actually if they implement the Sharia correctly Moin would get away very easily for the wife beating offense but would have to part with a limb or two for the drinking offense or atleast get a few whip lashes .[/quote'] Yet more ignorant and completely false trash.

R' date=' Actually if they implement the Sharia correctly Moin would get away very easily for the wife beating offense but would have to part with a limb or two for the drinking offense or atleast get a few whip lashes .[/quote'] :hic: :hic: Boy , you are nasty towards Islam sometimes. But got to agree with you on Sharia. From what I read , the way it is practised in Saudi is primitive and barbaric. I wonder , if it is the same in Pakistan.

R' date=' Actually if they implement the Sharia correctly Moin would get away very easily for the wife beating offense but would have to part with a limb or two for the drinking offense or atleast get a few whip lashes .[/quote'] Yet more ignorant and completely false trash.
You can easily get away with rape, getting away with beating is child's play compared to that
Guest dada_rocks

Re: Moin Khan arrested Oke here is some nuggets from my viewing of Maachis a jerry springer quivalent show in pakistan.. I have seen on that program husband and wife in conrontation husband publicly proclaiming that he hits her with rod shoes whatever he gets his hands on, wife sobbing and nodding.. son siding with his mother and exhorting her to leave his father and stay with him ( mind you son was still unemplyed and a big thubs up for son :wtg: ).. husband's sister siding with her brother and proclaiming bhabhi sometimes deserves it.. son getting all fired up and wishing his buaa gets similar treatment from her husband.. buaa retorting by words like I will nevr give him chance I am doting .. son reposnidng u stay with us i.e. with her brother all the time I wonder what kind of care are u taking of ur husband ,otoh my mother even visists her parents place then when she returns she had to go through beating session..... YEs that guy never went to jail none of the audience even bothered to take notice of the abuse and hence handing over the abuser husband to police.. this is the state of affari as far as spousal abuse is concerned it's not a crime it seems, because had it been teveryone in the audience would have first of all reported to the police or at least talked about this possibility... Heck in India if some mofo procliams this on live tv rest assured he is not going home from studio right into the lock up.. Am not saying abuse doesn;t happen it does but proclamation of the same on public TV with impuntiy is not allowed..