Your Indian all time dream test team...

Rohan495

Re: Your Indian all time dream test team... its tough because i havent seen many/most of India's greats play, but here's my lame attempt: Sunny G Sehwag Dravid SRT G Viswanath Amarnath Kapil Dev Kirmani/Engineer S Gupte/Chandrasekhar Srinath Kumble batting heavy, but we have never been a team blessed with allrounders. i picked 4 bowlers who were all likely to toil long and hard, and who in my opinion had the best ability to take wickets. with Kapil, Sri, Chandra and Kumble i think we'd have a fairly good attack. i know we're lacking a 3rd seam bowler, but if someone can suggest one it'd be great.

Re: Your Indian all time dream test team... Heres my not-so-lame attempt :p S Gavaskar© V Sehwag R Dravid S Tendulkar V Hazare V Mankad F Engineer Kapil Dev B Bedi J Srinath Chandrashekar or Amar Singh abroad/ Kumble at home my team rocks muhahaha

Re: Your Indian all time dream test team... bah. my team would whoop yours anyday :hic: no, seriously i was agonizing whether to put in Mankad or not, but i thought having players such as Amarnath and Viswanath would bring more value at the end of the day. With Kirmani vs Engineer, i honestly dont know. i guess i just picked based on age! Bedi and Kumble vs Chandra and Kumble has its merits. a different line of attack from Bedi might work. i have always heard more charming stories of Chandra though and his wicket-taking ways, that is why i picked him. we are in agreement on one thing - there are only 2 seamers worth their salt ever to have come out of India :hmph: !!! Then again there's Kumble...

Re: Your Indian all time dream test team... Gavaskar Sehwag _________________________ 50+ averaging opener who have scored centuries everywhere... Rahul Dravid -----------------> Arguable top 5 number 3 batter in the world. Sachin Tendulkar ------------>BOSS Azharuddin -------------------> Hundreds everywhere and can change the match. ________________________- Kapil Dev - One of 4 greatest allrounders. Kirmani -----(Dhoni in a couple of yrs) ________________________ Srinath ----------- One of the top 10 alltime fastest bowlers. Kumble ---------- Legend... period. Bedi -------------> Greatest ever left arm spinner in my book. Zaheer khan/Prassana --------> Depending on away/home match.

Re: Your Indian all time dream test team... Azhar?? laxman?? ZAKK??? Please yaaron Even Vishy and Amarnath shouldnt be there, but only just. karsan ghavri was after kapil and Sri probably the greatest indian pacemen. very underrated. Probably. another probable was Amar Singh. played in indias first ever tests. Proper fast bowler whom even the english of that era, including Hammond, had problems with. Vijay Hazare was indias 4th best batsman ever. No question. Dhruv Engineers batting edges it for me,and Mankad was a class act. Could bat anywhere (and indeed HAS)- cant NOT be in the 11.

Re: Your Indian all time dream test team... Gavaskar (best Test opener) Merchant (best opener in Indian history) Dravid (The rock of Indian cricket) Tendulkar (Master Blaster) Laxman (Inconsistent, but performs against the best) Kapil Dev (Even better all rounder) Mankad (Good all rounder) Kirmani (Best wicketkeeper) Kumble (Spin bowling, could go to a couple others) Amar Singh (Best pace bowler in indian history) Mohammad Nissar (Great partnership with Amar Singh)

Re: Your Indian all time dream test team...

Gavaskar (best Test opener) Merchant (best opener in Indian history) Dravid (The rock of Indian cricket) Tendulkar (Master Blaster) Laxman (Inconsistent, but performs against the best) Kapil Dev (Even better all rounder) Mankad (Good all rounder) Kirmani (Best wicketkeeper) Kumble (Spin bowling, could go to a couple others) Amar Singh (Best pace bowler in indian history) Mohammad Nissar (Great partnership with Amar Singh)
I like this selection, 'cept i'd ditch Laxman for Hazare and Srinath for Nissar. You could also change the composition to include Chandrashekhar or Gupte.

Re: Your Indian all time dream test team...

Gavaskar (best Test opener) Merchant (best opener in Indian history) Dravid (The rock of Indian cricket) Tendulkar (Master Blaster) Laxman (Inconsistent, but performs against the best) Kapil Dev (Even better all rounder) Mankad (Good all rounder) Kirmani (Best wicketkeeper) Kumble (Spin bowling, could go to a couple others) Amar Singh (Best pace bowler in indian history) Mohammad Nissar (Great partnership with Amar Singh)
Stay here SS..Khoob jamegi jab mil baithenge deewane do. My team would have the same openers. I would remove VVS and put in Jimmy Amarnath, a player I rate very highly. Also depending on the pitch I shall either have Vishwanath or CK Nayudu instead of Vinoo Mankad. I rate Vinoo Mankad very highly but I would not go with 2 spinners. A point often forgotten is that Amar Singh was not only a great fast bowler but also a good batsman. Indeed he is the person who scored first 50 for India. Amar Singh can cover up as 7th batsman after Kapil. I must say I am taking a gamble by pikcing CK Nayudu but from whatever I have read he would have been a match winner on his own. My final XI Sunny Merchant Dravid Sachin Amarnath Vishy/CK Nayadu(if CK Nayadu is selected then he is capt else its Sunny) Kapil Dev(vc) Amar Singh Kirmani Kumble Mohd Nissar/Sreenath. XII man - Solkar
My 11: 1.Laxman 2. Laxman 3. Laxman © 4. Laxman 5. Laxman (vc) 6. VVSL (wk) 7. Arun Lal 8. Laxman 9. Laxman 10. Laxman 11. Laxman Happy?
Awesome. I could watch the batting all day long and also i wouldnt have to listen to arun lal talking about birds.