Rahul Dravid - A landmark beckons.

gator

RD is 27 runs short of 10000 runs in ODI..... he will join an elite band of SRT, Inzaalu, jayasuriya, lara and Dada... one heck of an achievement for a player who was considered not good enuf for odis even 3-4 yrs after debut... he averages 44 at number 5.... and 56 at number 6....

Re: Rahul Dravid - A landmark beckons. Brilliant effort, never did anyone predict he would be among the great ODI players. With sheer hard work and smart cricket he has achieved the 10000 mark. Won't be long before he will get the double, a test 10000 runs and ODI 10000 runs :wtg:

Re: Rahul Dravid - A landmark beckons. I am going to paste what I said in another thread: Dravid has been the best batsman in the Indian team since 2000. It is ridiculous to accuse him of batting too slow. He does something that no one in the Indian team does, and definitely no one in the Indian top six: put price on his wicket. Border was the greatest at doing it, and Dravid comes close. Putting price on your wicket is not a bad thing, its the way you're supposed to bat. If you lash out at anything and everything more than six inches outside off stump, some days you'll score big if you're playing on tracks like these, but when you play in foreign countries (like WI world cup), and the ball is moving, that same exact shot off that same exact delivery will cause you to edge the ball to slip or the keeper. It is ridiculous to blame someone when he says, "I am going to make you work to get me out." Anyone who says an S/R of 70 is too slow, deserves a punch right to the face because they have no idea about the game of cricket.

Re: Rahul Dravid - A landmark beckons.

Dravid has been the best batsman in the Indian team since 2000. It is ridiculous to accuse him of batting too slow.
Cricket is a team game. With sheer brilliance of one player a game cannot be won. India now consistently win games because more than one player performs well whereas in earlier days one player hit a century or build a partnership here and there but never go to finish the game. Dravid has been in this predicament several times when he tried to keep the innings together but couldnt finish it with a win. People called him not good for ODIs but it was not his fault alone it was the whole team lacking that winning spirit which Gangully/Wright followed by Chappell/Dravid was able to build. So there is no point calling Dravid the great or Dravid the slacker. It is a team game and he is one of the guys who is peforming well now. He has always been a solid rock who could be relied upon whether it is Test or ODI. I think after Vengsarkar India found Dravid as the wall. It needs to be seen who would replace him?

Re: Rahul Dravid - A landmark beckons.

10k runs is an awesome achievement. But a S/R of 70 is slooow. Punter right on his heels.
Actually Ganguly is having a S/R of 73 . Remove the first four years of Dravid where his S/R was in the low 60's , I think his S/R of high 70's from 2000 is pretty good . But , his batting yesterday sucked. No need to graft in Flat Tracks. Dhoni faced few little balls just like in first ODI.

Re: Rahul Dravid - A landmark beckons. Why dont u guys throw the S/R of Dravid out of the window. Its immaterial. How many games has he won us in ODIs and tests? One too many !! Dravid is our crisis man and has been when other greats like Sachin, Ganguly have not performed. His importance/contribution to the team is immeasurable. A true champion, and modesty to boot makes him the best player Indian team has ever fielded. p.s. Steve Waugh did not have a great strike rate, but that doesnt discount his greatness.