Some gems from Indian super stars before the 1st test.

poori_meri

I was laughing for quite some time after reading that statement by the vastly experienced captain-Shoaib Malik! must have been the joke of the year. would be really funny to know what he thinks about that statement now, after the series and while licking his wounds! must be very useful experience.

Why dont you use such stong words against Shoiab Malik when you post on Pakpassion?
what is your point ..? this thread is started by a pak forummer. he gets great satisfaction in pointing out "harmless" replies by indian players as if they have boasted something like "we will murder Lee and co". 1.Sachin plays down the fact that the schedule accepted by BCCI was idiotic because in their gred to earn more money they had too many one dayers against aussies at home, which pushed the pak series further and eventually there was just 1 practice game which was rained off with hardly an effective session for batting practice. instead of complaining that there is lack of match practice on aussie pitches, which will be picked up by the media as" indians finding excuses for losses before the series begins". he says " we are properly prepared". what is wrong in that statement?only downright morons will highlight it as arrogance of a superstar. 2. Dravid has sacrificed his personal advantage in batting at #3 by agreeing to open the innings. but he presents a very good image of the team unity by saying that he is comfortable in opening the innings. do u expect him to tell the press that, " i am not in the best of form, Anil is pressurising to open the innings. i am being made a scape goat for accommodating Yuvi in the team, i am not very comfortable in opening at all"? what is wrong in his statement? even if india has lost the match and he had failed miserably, i dont see anything wrong in Dravid saying that. 3. saurav: do u expect him to say that " we are scared of Lee and his short pitched bowling aimed at our body. we are looking for an armoured vehicle to hide"? before an all important test at MCG. you can attribute any motive to anything that any one says to the media and misinterpret in whatever way you want. but frankly, if some one stoops so cheap as to say that "indian superstars..... blah, blah", for something which they have not mentioned in any wrong context, it shows the perversion of the mind than anything else.