World Cup preparations

kabira

All major teams are playing ODI in order to prepare themselves for the WC. None of the teams are actually practising in right conditions.. Pakistan playing in SA...adjusting to the bounce, and than they will be going to windies with slow and low pitches. Aus, Eng and NZ playing in nice true pitches, how will they manage on pitches were batting is not easy in middle overs, where ball tends to stop a bit.. Ind and Lanka, playing in India, perhaps they are getting best practice, nearest to windies conditions.. I think Ind should have travelled Lanka and played 3-4 games there.. I also think the team that picks up during Super 8 will win the Cup. All the form shown in prelim rounds will be waste..

Re: World Cup preparations I agree. Its kind a demoralizing tour for both England and Pakistan. India made it miserable for Windies too. I think West Indian pitches are quite unpredictable. There are grounds which provide pitches with good bounce and there are some where ball tends to keep low. Winning against SL will help in the WC since they are in the same group.

Re: World Cup preparations

true we can do that. I guess it will depend on the team our intelligent selectors are selecting.
Who knows Saurav Gangully might be the trumpcard bowler for India at WC considering the slow pitches like Bravo does it for WI.
too early to predict. I guess more experimentation is needed in batting