Speed now warns Indian team: Just play on

guju24

ICC chief Malcolm Speed, who received much criticism for the fact that by sacking Steve Bucknor for the Perth Test and allowing Harbhajan Singh to play pending his appeal, the ICC caved in to Indian demands, has now warned India to commit to completing the Test series. He is reportedly to have insisted that the ICC will not be held to ransom by India over the Harbhajan Singh affair, a report in the Times Online said. As Harbhajan's appeal could be heard before the end of the series, Speed said India would have to abide by any ruling. "I am very pleased the tour is going ahead, there is a process in place for appeals and Harbhajan Singh has appealed," he said, adding, "We can't have one set of rules for the India and another set for others. We'll follow the process. I hope whatever the outcome all parties will be able to say they have had a fair hearing." Pawar expected to discuss Harbhajan issue in Dubai New Delhi: BCCI chief Sharad Pawar is expected to discuss the ban on Harbhajan Singh when top officials of the ICC meet in Dubai on Monday amidst the racism row and the umpiring blunders. Although the meeting has been convened to discuss the modalities to select a new CEO for ICC, Pawar is likely to express BCCI's strong resentment over the racial slur against the off-spinner. TOI

"I am very pleased the tour is going ahead, there is a process in place for appeals and Harbhajan Singh has appealed," he said, adding, "We can't have one set of rules for the India and another set for others. We'll follow the process. I hope whatever the outcome all parties will be able to say they have had a fair hearing."
STFU Speed!!! We can buy your ICC a.ss and sell it at a discount!! :finger: