Why Bucknor has not acknowledged his mistakes yet?

Why hasn't Benson acknowledged his mistakes because he made more errors than Bucknor did, and even went on to take the fielder's word on a doubtful catch? Bucknor career has finished in all probabilities but Benson's hasn't. So it should be Benson who should be acknowledging it!

Guest dada_rocks

Because that was not mistake it was conscisuos screw-up.. Noone can convice me that same git who refuses to see the edge suddenly sees edge when bat is hiding behind.. This morons seems to stick to policy when in doubt and indina batsman at crease rais eyour finger.. Still remember how he refused the light a ball back and gave sachin out when he was not out and later on he cliamed it was dark I cud not see it..... Nobody asked this mororn when u cud not see it then logical thing to is to give bastamn benefit of doubt.. and what u were yapping about light didn't the batsman ask exactly same thing one ball before

I can understand Bucknor's mistakes being talked about but why is Clarke's catch is creating so much controversy when the captains had already decided that they would leave it up to the fielder. IMO Benson was spot on.
they trusted the fielder to say the truth... but with scums like clarke, gilly, ponting etc on a field that cant happe..
can you show me some clause in some valid rulebook to that effect (that its binding and legal for all parties). Needs to be signed by umpires/ICC. Listen to the press conference of both captains. Both said that there was an agreement before the series. you know that how ? I don't...hence i used the word "could" but to the people around the fielder(including the batsman) it seemed like a clean catch.
I would hate to be an umpire if i was going to be blammed for a decision(or a non decision) such as this.
I can understand Bucknor's mistakes being talked about but why is Clarke's catch is creating so much controversy when the captains had already decided that they would leave it up to the fielder. IMO Benson was spot on.
No way, Faisal. Whatever decisions or agreements are between the captains, the umpires still have to give the final decision. The moment he had doubt in the catch, he could have followed his own process.