Buying a house in US?

apocalypse

Buying a house in US should not be an issue considering they are made of crappy cardboard/chipwood type of materials :haha: What is with average US houses being all light weight?
tht is a pretty rich comment about the greatest country on the planet... jealous, eh?

Sriram' date=' North Chennai is not a good investment, if you go by its history. South Chennai is the place to invest. Most of the folks in the North (beyond Parrys corner), are worker class. They wont let properties appreciate. Even if properties do go up, govt will bring in regulations to keep them in check.[/quote'] As per, http://www.anandproperties.com/chennai/zones/north-chennai.php Major localities in North Chennai : Aminjikkarai, Anna Nagar, Ayyanavaram, Kellys, Kolathur, Villivakkam, Perambur thirumangalam, Mogappair, Ambattur, Avadi, Manali, Chintamani, Vyasarpadi

yoda: I am in Atlanta... Here the market is not so hit like in Cal... for 15k u will get nothing in India
@Apo: Are you saying the above (bolded) as good thing or bad thing? It is good when you buy, but you also need it to appreciate steadily (not crazy, but steady) after you buy?

@Apo: Are you saying the above (bolded) as good thing or bad thing? It is good when you buy' date=' but you also need it to appreciate steadily (not crazy, but steady) after you buy?[/quote'] I meant the market is not falling down here as in other places in US. The property rates which were six months back are nearly same today also

I meant the market is not falling down here as in other places in US. The property rates which were six months back are nearly same today also
I guess that shows that Atlanta is quite robust, which is generally a good thing for you since you want to invest in places that can hold up well. Ofcourse the downside to make a good investment is a bit more premium, but you get sound investment atleast from the +ve side.