FAO : Tendulkar rubbishers

What exactly did Imran do in the world cup final, wasntr it Javed and Akram who won that match? As for Viv, Ponting, Arvinda, all of them had the luxury of batting first and setting the target which Sachin never had. All I am saying is its not a level playing field. Some guys had it easier than others and hence this cannot be used to judge players I will repeat two games are not enough because in a sampel that small things like luck, toss, etc can play a much bigger role than in a bigger sample size
Aravinda batted first. :hysterical::hysterical: And btw no one considers Imran as a greatest ODI allrounder.
Lol at Sachin fans . Sachin never touched 900 ICC rating points as a batsman in ODI. http://www.relianceiccrankings.com/playerdisplay/odi/all-rounder/?id=1850&graph=ranking
And what has that to do with the price of onions in Jhumri Talaya? Shouldn't consisntant performance matter more than one off peak? Even Yousuf has one of the highest peak in test cricket but would you consider him among the top ten batsmen in tests? Also one more point, though not related to this thread. the player who you claim to be a fan of and has his name in your user name is the biggest fan of Sachin and literally worships him. If he knew about your posts he would definitely slap you and be extremely ashamed that you are using him to debase Sachin (in other threads)
Those who have been lucky enough to watch the 4 great all-rounders in full flight would readily admit Kapil was the best all-rounder in Limited Internationals. In some ways it was his style of the game, hard hitting batting, good tight bowling and great fielding. In all the great Indian success of 80s he had the central role. Be it 1983 WC, 1985 benson hedges series 85 Asian cup, Rothmans trophy etc. Quite unlike Sachin's performance in 3 team tournaments where apart from India the other 2 teams were darji XI and mochi XI.
Like the CB series in Australia, The Sharjah cup, the hero cup against South Africa. I can see whete you are coming from
And what has that to do with the price of onions in Jhumri Talaya? Shouldn't consisntant performance matter more than one off peak? Even Yousuf has one of the highest peak in test cricket but would you consider him among the top ten batsmen in tests? Also one more point, though not related to this thread. the player who you claim to be a fan of and has his name in your user name is the biggest fan of Sachin and literally worships him. If he knew about your posts he would definitely slap you and be extremely ashamed that you are using him to debase Sachin (in other threads)
So topping all-rounder chart for a decade is one off peak. :giggle:
And what has Sehwag got to do with this debate. Man you Sachin fans need to get life. You would rarely see Sehwag fans offended if some criticize him for something
My mistake. But fact is when there is a comparison between Viv vs Sachin, Viv should get some extra points for performing in WC final.
That is fair, I dont think the difference between those two is much anyways. I only have issues when people claim Sachin is not a great ODI player or didnt contribute to our WC 2011 win based on the two WC finals. I know Pak fans do it because thats the only way they can feel good about themselves
That is fair' date=' I dont think the difference between those two is much anyways. I only have issues when people claim Sachin is not a great ODI player or didnt contribute to our WC 2011 win based on the two WC finals. I know Pak fans do it because thats the only way they can feel good about themselves[/quote'] Sachin is the best Indian cricketer. But he is not beyond criticism.
So topping all-rounder chart for a decade is one off peak. :giggle: And what has Sehwag got to do with this debate.
Decade? The rankings are the peaks achieved by a player anytime in their career. So if you play for 21 years and in year 2 you reach 900 points and dont do anything for the rest 19 years, your ranking points will still be 900 BTW, I was not talking about Kapil at all who I hold in the highest regard. I was talking about the fact that Sachin did not reach 900 in ODIs or tests but thats more to do with peak than consitancy
Decade? The rankings are the peaks achieved by a player anytime in their career. So if you play for 21 years and in year 2 you reach 900 points and dont do anything for the rest 19 years, your ranking points will still be 900 BTW, I was not talking about Kapil at all who I hold in the highest regard. I was talking about the fact that Sachin did not reach 900 in ODIs or tests but thats more to do with peak than consitancy
Kapil Dev topped ranking charts for a decade. So people shouldn't try to question his performance in 1983 WC. He was the main reason we won in 1983. Prior to 1983 WC, Indian hadn't won a single WC match in 1975 , 1979
And what has Sehwag got to do with this debate. Man you Sachin fans need to get life. You would rarely see Sehwag fans offended if some criticize him for something
The day when mythical stats, selective numbers, slicing and dicing of cricinfo stasguru, things completely un-related to cricket like moral vlaues and selfishness, using team's non performance to judge a performing palyer, etc are used to judge Sehwag's utility as a player, we will see whether you are offended or not
Kapil Dev topped ranking charts for a decade. So people shouldn't try to question his performance in 1983 WC. He was the main reason we won in 1983. Prior to 1983 WC, Indian hadn't won a single WC match in 1975 , 1979
Come , you were sepcifically talking about the 600+ ranking points and not a decade of toping ranks. How many all-rounders were there anyway Who is questioning Kapil's world cup performance? I dont even know how he came into this thread
The day when mythical stats' date=' selective numbers, slicing and dicing of cricinfo stasguru, things completely un-related to cricket like moral vlaues and selfishness, using team's non performance to judge a performing palyer, etc are used to judge Sehwag's utility as a player, we will see whether you are offended or not[/quote'] And Sachin fans don't do this to others. I have myself argued for Sachin many times. But he should retire now.
Come , you were sepcifically talking about the 600+ ranking points and not a decade of toping ranks. How many all-rounders were there anyway Who is questioning Kapil's world cup performance? I dont even know how he came into this thread
Perhaps you skipped Kapil criticism part in this thread. You need to read my entire post again.
What exactly did Imran do in the world cup final' date= wasntr it Javed and Akram who won that match? As for Viv, Ponting, etc, all of them had the luxury of batting first and setting the target which Sachin never had. All I am saying is its not a level playing field. Some guys had it easier than others and hence this cannot be used to judge players
Come on now, thats not your 2 cents, thats less than a cent there :cantstop: Seriously, are you gonna compare Imran's 72 (which incidentally was the highest in the game on either side) with Sachin's 22 in 2 WC finals? Nobody here has argued againts Imran running away with more credit that what was due to him than I, but in this case you are plain wrong.
I will repeat two games are not enough because in a sampel that small things like luck, toss, etc can play a much bigger role than in a bigger sample size
Then I am afraid MTC you belong to the new tribe of folks who can have nothing short of perfection when it comes to Sachin. Let me explain this with an analogy. In the 80s there were 4 great all-rounders. All these all-rounders were the best player of their respective countries. Only in case of India this was a possible exception, and that too because we were lucky to have another great player Gavaskar. All these 4 great players had their plus and minuses. If you ask a Botham fan he would go crazy on how Botham was the perfect all-rounder scoring 100 runs and 10 wickets in a Test, but he would also admit that Botham sucked against the best team of the time West Indies. Imran's fan would show how his numbers are better than everyone, but concede he had a short time when he was both a great bat and bowler. Hadlee's fan would speak of him as the greatest bowler of their country, and one of the all time greats but would agree his batting was not top draw. Kapil's fan would say how he was the most complete all-rounder and at the top of his game was the very best in the world, but also agree he carried way past his sell by date. You see the pattern here? There are pros and cons. Somehow when the argument comes to Sachin, there are no cons. There are only small datasets. Well you are part of a new breed. Congrats. My work here is done.:winky::winky: