India, SA defeats made me better: Malik

Guest Hiten.

Karachi: Asserting that he has learnt from the mistakes committed during series defeats to South Africa and India last year, Pakistan skipper Shoaib Malik has promised an improved performance from the team in 2008. Pakistan's cricket authorities have decide to continue with Malik as captain until the end of 2008 despite the Test and One-Day defeats against South Africa and India which came in for sharp criticism. Malik leads his team into a five One-Day International series against the lowly ranked Zimbabwe from Monday. The 26-year-old said the reversals against South Africa and India had made him a better captain. "I am not going to repeat the mistakes I made last year. I am feeling positive and confident as a captain and players. The good thing the seniors are backing me totally and we are united," he said. "This is a new year and hopefully we can do better now," he said. Malik said the Zimbabwe series was a good opportunity to prepare and test new players for the home series against Australia in March-April. "Before the Australia series it is a good opportunity to try out youngsters who have performed well in domestic cricket," he said. "We will definitely try out one or two players in every match. Eventually we need to test out new players if we are going to adopt a rotation policy in future specially for the fast bowlers," he added. Malik, who was struggling with an ankle injury, said he was fully fit now and had completed the rehabilitation program given to him by the PCB medical panel. The all-rounder also defended his own performances and said in the last match he played in India he was man of the match. Read On... --- He has not even displayed his improvement yet, but he is talking big cuz he's facing ZIM now. Gosh! Is it a criteria set for a Pakistani skipper that at all cost he must deliver funny quotes every god damn time ?? Malik's another gem "I am better skippy than AK" :giggle: