Some Justice for Bilkis Bano - Gujarat Riot Victim -

kumble_rocks

http://in.reuters.com/article/topNews/idINIndia-31509620080121 MUMBAI (Reuters) - A court punished 11 Hindus with life in prison on Monday for gang-raping a pregnant Muslim woman and murdering her family during one of India's worst riots in which hundreds of people, mostly Muslims, were slaughtered. The court also jailed a policeman for three years for falsifying evidence in a trial seen as testing whether Muslim victims of the 2002 riots in Gujarat could get justice. A special court, which heard the case in Mumbai, found 13 men guilty of a variety of crimes from rape and gang rape to murder and destruction or falsification of evidence. One accused has since died. "The court handed life sentence to 11 of the accused and three years for the policeman," defence counsel Rajendra Shirodkar told Reuters. "We will appeal against the verdicts within a fortnight." Human rights groups say about 2,500 people were hacked, beaten or burned to death in the riots that started after 59 Hindu activists burned to death inside a train in Gujarat. Hindu groups blamed a Muslim mob for the train fire, but a subsequent inquiry panel said it was an accident. Thousands of cases were filed by Muslim victims but a couple of them came to be seen as key to winning justice for hundreds of women who have sexual assault cases pending from the riots. One of them was Bilkis Bano, a young Muslim mother who was gang-raped when, her lawyers say, she was three months pregnant. Her attackers also burned to death 12 members of her family, including her three-year-old daughter. In 2004, the Supreme Court moved the trial to Maharashtra in response to pleas that a fair trial was impossible in Gujarat, ruled by the Hindu-nationalist Bharatiya Janata Party. The failure of the Gujarat government to stop the riots was slammed by the Supreme Court as well which compared its chief minister Narendra Modi to the Roman emperor Nero, said to have played the lyre while Rome burned. Bano welcomed the convictions but said her family in Gujarat still lived in fear of being attacked. "If they are still scared then the Gujarat government should ask them not to get scared and should have said we will provide you protection," she said. "But the Gujarat government doesn't want to say anything." The frail, quiet woman was also unhappy that seven accused in the case had been acquitted, and said she would appeal to a higher court for their punishment. "They killed my family members. My mother and sisters were raped. I was raped," she said. "They killed my family members and buried them."

Guest dada_rocks

Failure of Gujrata govt,, last time I checked India has seen 66000 riots and 99.99999999% of them have been presided over by congressi.. enough said

Guest dada_rocks

Rest assured no morn is goign to light andle for these convics exoneration unlike twhat we see for likes of afzal gurur and that's how it sud be ..

Same retarded habit of Dhimmi 2-bit Journalists drag Modi in every damn case. If some criminals committed crime, court given it's verdict, they got the punishment. What's wrong with p-secs of India, hain? No leader of any so called "right wing" party have demanded to save those people....on contrary a proven terrorist like Afzal is still shielded by our moronic PM of India , UnManlymohan at the behest of Sonia Manio and nooone seems to care. When will dhimmi media highlight such BIG differences??

Guest dada_rocks

Actually election decides whether afzal will be hanged or not.. man they must take ummah for a complet idiot.. why sud an afzal guru's hanging decide how ummah votes if they think it does then am sorry to say they are humiliating the ummah..

Actually election decides whether afzal will be hanged or not.. man they must take ummah for a complet idiot.. why sud an afzal guru's hanging decide how ummah votes if they think it does then am sorry to say they are humiliating the ummah..
I billion people of India have already been humiliated when a closet Islamists congressi CM of Kashmir openly speaks in support of that terrorist, while insulting Indian military in kashmir. Go figure!

the Plight of KP's 18 yrs since : http://www.satp.org/satporgtp/kpsgill/2003/chapter9.htm Where are the torch bearers of Secularism justice and all that bakwas .... ohh wait thats actually a jihadi behind the mask of secularism .. oops.
Typical hindutva response , what has KP's plight got to do with this particular case . For the record, are you gonna condemn the 11 accused or not ?

Nothing to do with this case .... just highlighting how none of the torch bearers of Secularism never bother to open threads on far bigger crimes (such as the ones that I posted in post # 3 ... ) but are quick to jump at every oppurtunity to highlight any Hindu retaliation. And dont try to tell me that you were concerned about justice. Your primary intention was to highlight that Hindus commited these grave crimes which is why I posted that link.
When did I not support you on the plight of KP's or condemned fundo muslims in Kashmir ? And dont try to tell me that you are concerned about justice either. How difficult is it for you to condemn rapists in this particular case ? Still no answer .. it's a pity .

So how many threads have you created on those issues ?
How many threads do I generally start supporting congress or muslims ? And yet you guys call me congressi , psec etc . Heck , how many threads do I generally start on anything ? And again ,I repeat , qs.gif When did I not support you on the plight of KP's or condemned fundo muslims in Kashmir ? qe.gif
thats very ironic comming from you going by some of your past discussions ....
ditto ..

You dont start any condemning them either and as DR pointed it out in one of our previous discussions ... its what the pattern matching software comes up with. You waste no oppurtunity to highlight such news but go conveniently missing when your beloved ROP goes on rampage which is quite often. I and DR do the opposite I have no qualms in admitting that ... but the thing is this nonsense from ROP has no end in sight and Hindus have done more than their fair share to meet half way. Ever see any of your beloved ROP members go half way to resolve the issues ? Never. Take the Babri masjid issue. How many ROPers have you seen who agree that the initial act of destruction was wrong ? None. So why do you harp on negotiations and pacifist attitude when the other party clearly does not subscribe to it ? How many more incidents and events do you want me to throw at you to highlight this duplicity ? How is your stand morally more correct when you adopt your pacifist attitude towards these idiots who thrive on barbarism ? Do you understand the concept of learning from history and not repeating the mistakes ?
Yeah right ... anybody who disagrees with your POV is a jihadi secularist .. Going by that logic most of ICF posters are jihadi secularist .. bigoted logic I must say .. And it is a categoric lie that I don't start threads condemning muslim bigotry either.. go and read my old posts .. Now let's come back to the topic at hand please .. Care to comment on the OP . And do you think justice was served for the poor "Muslim " lady ?

Fixed . Feel free to ask for examples .
Did you look up at threads started by me ? You will get your examples and your lie will be exposed . I did start threads condemning muslim bigotry also ...
was that your only intention ? I dont think so. You were trying to take a cheap shot. That is why I gave you a taste of your own convoluted logic. .
So starting a thread based on a news feed which was dated yesterday is a cheap shot . When did presenting news feeds become cheap seats ? Are you disputing the contents and absolving the 11 rapists of their crime simply because they are hindus?

No I did not. But feel free to provide links. You will get an unconditional apology from me in that case. Iam going by what my pattern matching software tells me.
links for what ! Just search on my user id .. And I am still waiting for your links wherein I did not support the plight of KP's or blamed fundo muslims in Kashmir ... don't skip this part of the post .. My pattern matching software tells me that you have selective amnesia when answering posts ..
Would you have put up a similar article which handed sentences to the Muslims ? I dont think so ... and IIRC you havent done that in past (Correct me if Iam wrong)
Sure , But DR beats all of us to it ..... Coming back to OP , would you condemn ?

which will return about 100s of posts ... you expect me to go thru them ?
Quit the bull Talk . We or rather you were talking about threads that I started or the lack of it about muslim bigotry and you lied that I didn't . Go and check the threads that I started , their are only few and I did start threads exposing muslim bigotry .... And now will you apologize as promised ...
Yes i do. Now are you willing to go to the absolute root of this nonsense and condemn the culprits without resorting to PCness ? Fat chance. And thats the bottomline.
Condemn what culprits ? Looks like you are the judge and the jury !