Pak in a mess again against SA

Guest dada_rocks

Re: Pak in a mess again against SA

Great performance by SA...i guess they are now the best home team in the world!
Can u find out any instance where u guys beat sa home or away in any one day series........

9 wicket win for South Africa. This is an embarrasment for Pakistan and should leave South Africa as soon as possible. Neither can Pakitan take wickets or score runs. What the heck are they achieving in South Africa? This is the team some say should be never written off :shrug: "Never write off" suited when they had in their ranks Akram' date=' Waqar, Shoaib, Anwar, Moin Khan and the rest not now when their best ODI bowler they claim is "Rana" and they are missing "Gul".[/quote'] I suppose then you written off IND too...simply because they were swept by SA. Best bowler Rana? how did you come up with that?:chin:

9 wicket win for South Africa. This is an embarrasment for Pakistan and should leave South Africa as soon as possible. Neither can Pakitan take wickets or score runs. What the heck are they achieving in South Africa? This is the team some say should be never written off :shrug: "Never write off" suited when they had in their ranks Akram' date=' Waqar, Shoaib, Anwar, Moin Khan and the rest not now when their best ODI bowler they claim is "Rana" and they are missing "Gul".[/quote'] I suppose then you written off IND too...simply because they were swept by SA. Best bowler Rana? how did you come up with that?:chin:
We don't equate dramatic words such as "Never write off", "Mercurial" for insipid performances so there is no writing off required. If the performance is consistently crap then they sure are crap as a team, no doubting that. To be precise you never write off a team that has great cricketers not ragged and bits and pieces cricketers. Pakistan at the moment is pretty much made up of bits and pieces and less than international class cricketers. I thought just a while ago couple of them mentioning here Rana has been very good ODI bowler, I will try and dig it up. I don't see anything great in that lad.

We don't equate dramatic words such as "Never write off", "Mercurial" for insipid performances so there is no writing off required. If the performance is consistently crap then they sure are crap as a team, no doubting that. To be precise you never write off a team that has great cricketers not ragged and bits and pieces cricketers. Pakistan at the moment is pretty much made up of bits and pieces and less than international class cricketers. .
Under Inzi's captaincy these bits and pieces players (Yousuf, Gul, AKhtar, Inzi himself, A Razzaq etc) have helped PAK to a record of 51 wins and 31 losses...so not too bad IMO and it's because of that record that many people still rate this PAK team.
I thought just a while ago couple of them mentioning here Rana has been very good ODI bowler, I will try and dig it up. I don't see anything great in that lad.
for the first 2 years of his career he was quite successful....in fact he finished the year 2005 as the 2nd highest wicket taker(IIRC he was the man of the series in PAK's ODI series win over IND) but for some inexplicable reason he has gone down hill and current form he is lucky to even make the WC squad.

Re: Pak in a mess again against SA There are only about 4-5 players that can be termed truly international class and consistent. IMO Inzi, Yousuf, Younis, Asif are the only ones that is worth mentioning and the rest are so inconsistent they will pass off as bystanders. I do rate Razzaq and Shoaib Malik with the bat but they are not as consistent either. Less said about the bowling cast the better.

Re: Pak in a mess again against SA The biggest concern for Pakistan is where are the upcoming talents??? Even England is churning away newer players that don't look too bad but Pakistan is struggling to put together upcoming talent in both batting and bowling. Asif is the only young one that I remember having done consistently enough over the last year or so. Imran Nazir, Mohammad Asif, Imran Faraht, Yasir Hameed, Rana, Rao and the likes have come and gone before. They have found it hard to put together consistent performances at the top level and unlike the days when the players used to get hand picked out of streets these days the players are picked from corporate cricket in Pakistan from what I know. Either Pakistan has to go back to picking talented cricketers from the street and hope they do well or revamp their domestic cricket. I think the glorious days of Pakistan cricket are pretty much over and unless domestic cricket gets a face lift the situation will not change.

Can u find out any instance where u guys beat sa home or away in any one day series........
Someone answer this question please.
Yes...IIRC we won all 3 matches in 1994(series was in SA) but they have been our nemesis on numerous occasions...remember they won something like 12 or 13 ODIs in a row vs PAK but the rut was stopped by some very sweet wins at Sharjah. :wtg:

The biggest concern for Pakistan is where are the upcoming talents??? Even England is churning away newer players that don't look too bad but Pakistan is struggling to put together upcoming talent in both batting and bowling. Asif is the only young one that I remember having done consistently enough over the last year or so. Imran Nazir, Mohammad Asif, Imran Faraht, Yasir Hameed, Rana, Rao and the likes have come and gone before. They have found it hard to put together consistent performances at the top level and unlike the days when the players used to get hand picked out of streets these days the players are picked from corporate cricket in Pakistan from what I know. Either Pakistan has to go back to picking talented cricketers from the street and hope they do well or revamp their domestic cricket. I think the glorious days of Pakistan cricket are pretty much over and unless domestic cricket gets a face lift the situation will not change.
Even though PAK have won the under 19 world cup twice in a row i am glad that they aren't picking the fast bowlers from there....i say this simply because the stress of international cricket is a recipe for stress fracture we have lost so many fine bowlers due to back injuries that now it's not worth the gamble! Now having said that there are still a few very talented youngster in current squad or on the fringe...M Asif, S Butt, I Nazir and U Gul to name a few, BTW please tell me that you didn't mean to put M Asif in the category of "inconsistent" performers.

Re: Pak in a mess again against SA Sorry that was just a typo I was referring to Mohammad Hafeez, didn't mean to include Asif. In fact I thought Asif is the only one worth mentioning among the recent crop of players to play for Pakistan. As for Imran Nazir, Salman Butt you know the very reason why they haven't been in the team consistently enough, "lack of performance".

Sorry that was just a typo I was referring to Mohammad Hafeez, didn't mean to include Asif. In fact I thought Asif is the only one worth mentioning among the recent crop of players to play for Pakistan. As for Imran Nazir, Salman Butt you know the very reason why they haven't been in the team consistently enough, "lack of performance".
Most IND PAK youngsters (especially batsmen) are inconsistent and need time to develop....just look at the likes of Raina, Gambhir,Utappha, Venu etc.

Yes...IIRC we won all 3 matches in 1994(series was in SA) but they have been our nemesis on numerous occasions...remember they won something like 12 or 13 ODIs in a row vs PAK but the rut was stopped by some very sweet wins at Sharjah. :wtg:
aaah, quite right. That '94 series in SA was crazy - SA would be cruising towards PAK's modest targets and the Waqar/Wasim combo would wreck their batting lineup in the slog overs.