Should Australian players be fined?

arkay

while we are talking about dissent, just to put things in perspective: Stunned by a stumping Ponting had leaned forward to drive Irfan Pathan but was beaten outside off stump. Dhoni quickly whipped off the bails and pointed to Ponting's back foot, indicating that it was on the line. Umpire Suresh Shastri jogged in to replace and took his time in calling for the third umpire. The Indians didn't seem too excited and they had returned to their fielding positions while the third umpire pondered over the decision. Ponting too was unperturbed, calmly waiting to take strike again, until he appeared shocked when the giant screen flashed "OUT". He stood his ground a while, muttered for what it was worth, before striding off in a huff. http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/indvaus/content/story/314497.html
There are many such instances like these were these people are let off and we get caught.
Sharma stood for TOO long' date=' which is why he was fined. Every batsman is allowed a degree of leeway in expressing disappointment, but Sharma was clearly over the top. Not only did seemed shocked at the decision, he took a long time leave and trudged off as though someone had filled his boots with lead. A combination of all that meant he was fined.[/quote'] The problem is ICC's Level 1.3 doesn't anywhere say that you need to have a combination of various forms of dissent to be fine. It tells what would constitute dissent. It tells that excessive, obvious disappointment constitutes as dissent. Now my question is has Punter been fined for arguing with the umpire & showing dissent? Namely the occasion in which flamy pointed out and another being when he argued with the umps when sachin was called back?

Why can't Indians just watch the game and enjoy it? Surely that is better than searching around, looking for slip ups from the Australians, the umpires, or commentators? I'm starting to think that cricket is as good as it gets for some people.. The only reason I can give for the starter of this thread wanting the Australians to be fined for what was just a regulation interview is..dare I say it....Inferiority complex?

Why can't Indians just watch the game and enjoy it? Surely that is better than searching around' date=' looking for slip ups from the Australians, the umpires, or commentators? I'm starting to think that cricket is as good as it gets for some people.. [/quote'] That is because when the aussies just don't play it like a game. They patronize sledging & transform it by naming it mental disintegration, & when they are snubbed for their bad behavior they bring up a table of stats claiming they are better in behavior, yet the stats don't tell the complete story. Indians get fined for the slightest dissent but Aussies get away with it.
:hysterical::hysterical:You just got demlolished by the mighty indians. You are the guys suffering from such a complex and rightly so as you are inferior. :hysterical:
In which ways? Education? Health care? Development index? Poverty? Let me assure you, Australia is miles ahead of India in these areas. Or, LoL, don't tell me you are talking about cricket. Now that would just be naive.
That is because when the aussies just don't play it like a game. They patronize sledging & transform it by naming it mental disintegration' date=' & when they are snubbed for their bad behavior they bring up a table of stats claiming they are better in behavior, yet the stats don't tell the complete story. Indians get fined for the slightest dissent but Aussies get away with it.[/quote'] Oh dear, there it is again..... The world is not against India, despite what you may think.
:hysterical::hysterical:You just got demlolished by the mighty indians. You are the guys suffering from such a complex and rightly so as you are inferior. :hysterical:
'Demolished' is hardly the word my friend! Chasing down the total in 25 overs with only a few wickets lost would be a demolition, but India failed to do that due to a determined Aussie bowling and fielding effort. And it's a bit early to start calling them 'inferior' after one loss, just as it would be premature to call India inferior to Australia after being smashed in the T20 game! Let's keep some perspective about it!
Oh dear, there it is again..... The world is not against India, despite what you may think.
I never said the world is against India... I just said that aussies can easily get away for what they do, but others don't. How else can you explain Mcgrath escaping a level 3 offense when all the evidence was present. But Harbhajan was prosecuted when none was present. Ponting has got away with dissent on a number of occasions.
'Demolished' is hardly the word my friend! Chasing down the total in 25 overs with only a few wickets lost would be a demolition' date=' but India failed to do that due to a determined Aussie bowling and fielding effort. And it's a bit early to start calling them 'inferior' after one loss, just as it would be premature to call India inferior to Australia after being smashed in the T20 game! Let's keep some perspective about it![/quote'] Certainly AUstralia wasn't demolished. It would take one hell of an effort from India to do so...
I never said the world is against India... I just said that aussies can easily get away for what they do' date=' but others don't. How else can you explain Mcgrath escaping a level 3 offense when all the evidence was present. But Harbhajan was prosecuted when none was present. Ponting has got away with dissent on a number of occasions.[/quote'] Where is this evidence? And if it does exist I can't explain it. It's not as if CA would ever humiliate themselves by throwing the toys out of the pram and threatening to pull out of the tour if he was found guilty. That's reserved for whingers.

i cant believe people are going on about all this reporting crap. unbelievable. :haha: well played india, bowled very well. see you in the next game.. is there really a need for any other discussion of umpiring bias/fines/reports etc.. talk about flogging a dead horse.

Where is this evidence?
You can find the McGrath video & pointing arguing with the umps for calling sachin back after giving him out in you tube.
And if it does exist I can't explain it. It's not as if CA would ever humiliate themselves by throwing the toys out of the pram and threatening to pull out of the tour if he was found guilty. That's reserved for whingers.
WOW! great answer...... And yes When no evidence is present, and if some one is to be convicted based on no evidence there was nothing wrong in pulling out. And if some half baked people prefer to call it Whining we don't care a damn.
You can find the McGrath video & pointing arguing with the umps for calling sachin back after giving him out in you tube. WOW! great answer...... And yes When no evidence is present, and if some one is to be convicted based on no evidence there was nothing wrong in pulling out. And if some half baked people prefer to call it Whining we don't care a damn.
This thread and a certain complex conceived by psychologist Alfred Alder would suggest otherwise.....
This thread and a certain complex conceived by psychologist Alfred Alder would suggest otherwise.....
do u read selectively? many said Ponting should not be fined for what he said in that interview. another thread about dissent was merged with this one where the apparent double standards was shown, and you yourself said you can't explain it. Yet you would blame many of us have some complex....