The Rahul Dravid VS Inzi-Ul-Haq

Re: The Rahul Dravid VS Inzi-Ul-Haq

Ponting and Rahul are closing the gap recently but it will take some massive numbers in the next couple of years or three to really convince they are better off than these two.
Ponting has already achieved that IMO. Ever since he moved up to #3 he has become a truly great batsman and it's no surprise that his average at #3 is close to 68 from 69 matches.
His run scoring has been brilliant over the last couple of years or three but it is never permanent. All it takes is few failures for him to fall apart. Tendulkar, Lara have had golden runs like that for a longer period of time but have had their downs too. Hayden, Gilly, Vaughan, Yousuf have all been there but have found that kind of hot form not lasting for too long (Yousuf not yet). As I said I would still wait for the next 2-3 years before Ponting can be classed along side Tendulakar and Lara.
To be able to totally dominate the world attacks for 67 test matches is no joke! Even his overall average is close to 59 in 110 test matches so unless he goes through a Gilchrist like slump i will continue to rate him as high as both Lara and Sachin.

To be able to totally dominate the world attacks for 67 test matches is no joke! Even his overall average is close to 59 in 110 test matches so unless he goes through a Gilchrist like slump i will continue to rate him as high as both Lara and Sachin.
What stops you from regarding Rahul Dravid similary then? He has a similar average and has played equal number of tests?

What stops you from regarding Rahul Dravid similary then? He has a similar average and has played equal number of tests?
Strike rate...the likes of Kallis and Dravid have never been able to dominate quality bowling attacks like Lara, Sachin and Ponting. May be M Yousuf is the only other player with a 50+ SR and a 55+ average but his pre 2005 performances doesn't allow him to enter the same league as the big 3. So this is how i rate these modern day batsmen Tier 1(in no particular order) Lara Sachin Ponting Tier 2 Kallis Inzamam Yousuf Dravid

Craig White, Simon Jones, Tresco and Thorpe were missing from that third test, who would have played if fit- all four could have made a difference to that match and hence, the series. Jones may have been dropped at I dont remember- Caddick played that Headingly match.
Jones was injured. Craig White ? LMFAO !!!! Tresco and Thorpe ? WTF do they have to do with anything ? They werent the ones going to bowl at Dravid ? hahaha

Re: The Rahul Dravid VS Inzi-Ul-Haq If u really wanna put everyone into a tier Tier 1 : Sachin and Lara Tier 2 : Dravid,Ponting and Kallis - Dravid and Kallis do have a low SR compared to Ponting but Ponting is crap against spin..Let him have a good record against India in India, then he can close in the gap between him and Sachin/Lara. Hes defn the best when it comes to anyone else. As for Inzi, let him get something meaningful in Aus or SA....Way to overhyped since his emergence against mediocre bowling.

Re: The Rahul Dravid VS Inzi-Ul-Haq true only Lara and Sachin have scored against the opposition in the oppositions home while ponting sucks in India. i mean 8 matches and an average of 12 ??? does way better in ODIs though. However aussies havent played in India since ponting went on his hot streak. he has a freaking 10 centuries since last 2005/2006 season started

true only Lara and Sachin have scored against the opposition in the oppositions home while ponting sucks in India. i mean 8 matches and an average of 12 ??? does way better in ODIs though. However aussies havent played in India since ponting went on his hot streak. he has a freaking 10 centuries since last 2005/2006 season started
Every player has some holes in his record...both Sachin and Lara had a below average record while the 2 Ws played for PAK. Both of them also struggled against Donald and co.

Dravid loves the late pull, Inzy loves his plate full. Dravid scores runs, Inzy snores after eating buns. Dravid talks english, Inzy talks rubbish.
wow yoda wat kavith!!!! wow today they are tooo many jokes on ICF, cant stop laughing :lmao: :lmao: