Request for Kapils Sixes against Jermy Coney

maaki

During one of the one dayers or the test matches in the 2007-2008 Indian tour they were showing some sixes smashed by Kapil dev against Jermy Coney. Finally Jermy coney pulled a white towel as a sign of surrender.. wonder if any one has managed to record that. It was a classic..

It was this game. http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/statsguru/engine/match/65306.html Watch Kapil's SR in an otherwise low-scoring match. The game receives a mention in ESPN 25 Greatest cricket player ever(Kapil was ranked 21 if I am not mistaken) and Ian Chappell specifically talks about this incidence. For those who love to read I would highly recommend the book.

Guest HariSampath

Yeah Lurks, I remember that game, watched it live on TV ..1981 I think. Kapil came in at 70/80 for 5 and hit 70+ off 50 balls, but we lost the game. It was under Gavaskar's captaincy , and I remember Yograj Singh played that game and bowled 4-5 overs. NZ won with 1-2 wkts in hand I think, maybe last over...but I had never seen any video of this past 20 years..