During the match thoughts:Advantage India & Review

Feed

During the match thoughts:Advantage India & Review  

1. 1.

• Gambhir's pathetic shot
    • UV's ego shot when India needed less than 6 an over
    • Dhoni's run out (3's a crowd , isn't it )
    • Uthappa's loss of patience

Yuvraj's was a less percentage shot...He could have easily cut it for 4 with the spin
Everything seems easy, when we are sitting on a nice comfy leather couch with potato chips on one side and pepsi on the other. You guys are forgetting that UV is going through a torrid period of time. Anything that he will do or try to do, is more likely to go against him. During T20's, any of his 6's could have been easily a mis-hit ending up in the fielder's palm. The man tried and failed, no regrets.

^ Yes thats true ... any of those 6 sixes could have been mishits but they were less likely too because he wasnt hitting against the movement of the ball, he was hitting with it. When the ball was outside off, he hit to the offside. When the ball was straight he hit to the leg side. Hitting against the spin to a leg spinner (spinning away, so it was not a flipper) to a ball that was 1 foot outside off is a low percentage shot. If have seen very few players play that, and if they do its usually along the ground. The six he hit before was different as the ball was straighter so that shot was on. Yes I know he is out of form, and perhaps an in form Yuvraj could have hit that for 6. I am not saying that he should be dropped. The question was what do you believe was the turning point of the game, and in my opinion it was Yuvraj's wicket.

^ Yes thats true ... any of those 6 sixes could have been mishits but they were less likely too because he wasnt hitting against the movement of the ball' date=' he was hitting with it. When the ball was outside off, he hit to the offside. When the ball was straight he hit to the leg side. Hitting against the spin to a leg spinner (spinning away, so it was not a flipper) to a ball that was 1 foot outside off is a low percentage shot. If have seen very few players play that, and if they do its usually along the ground. The six he hit before was different as the ball was straighter so that shot was on. Yes I know he is out of form, and perhaps an in form Yuvraj could have hit that for 6. I am not saying that he should be dropped. The question was what do you believe was the turning point of the game, and in my opinion it was Yuvraj's wicket.[/quote'] LOL... are you kidding me ? The ball that he got out to was a full toss by freddie, and you expect batsmen of UV's caliber to launch them into the crowd. But he in fact mishit that one and ended up getting out. All i am saying is, if its not your day nothing will go your way, it doesn't even matter if your name is Sachin Tendulkar. This is cricket and its unpredictable tale.

If people think the match situation when Yuvraj hit those six 6s and the one day before was the same, it's really pointless taking this discussion further. Even if Yuvraj would have been caught on one of those six 6s, he would have been playing according to the match situation and even if the hoick against Hogg would have gone for a six, it would have been poor cricket with regards to the match situation. There is very little difference between an Afridi and a Yuvraj if they cannot judge the match situation.

LOL... are you kidding me ? The ball that he got out to was a full toss by freddie' date= and you expect batsmen of UV's caliber to launch them into the crowd. But he in fact mishit that one and ended up getting out. All i am saying is, if its not your day nothing will go your way, it doesn't even matter if your name is Sachin Tendulkar. This is cricket and its unpredictable tale.
Ok now you are just making stuff up ... when did I say anything about the flintoff full toss? This is fantastic, you are comparing an attempted six on the 2nd last ball of a T20 to an attempted six when we only have 1 other recognised batsman to come and we still need 82 runs to win in an ODI. I am not saying that the boundaries wouldn't have helped. Its just that in such a tense situation, if you are going to go for a six, did it really need to be such a high risk shot? Its not just about things not going your way, because I have not seen many batsman get away with that shot consistently even at the best of times. Are you honestly telling me that Yuvraj's wicket was not as a result of a recklessness and that he didnt play the wrong shot for that ball? So what you are saying is that if he had that same ball again, with the same field he should have played a similar shot, and just hope for better luck?
Ok now you are just making stuff up ... when did I say anything about the flintoff full toss? This is fantastic, you are comparing an attempted six on the 2nd last ball of a T20 to an attempted six when we only have 1 other recognised batsman to come and we still need 82 runs to win in an ODI. I am not saying that the boundaries wouldn't have helped. Its just that in such a tense situation, if you are going to go for a six, did it really need to be such a high risk shot?
er..... I never said that you mentioned how UV was dismissed in T20 vs Eng.
Are you honestly telling me that Yuvraj's wicket was not as a result of a recklessness and that he didnt play the wrong shot for that ball?
Yes, it was. But also I am trying to say that look at the number of lives Rohit Sharma got (atleast 3-4) during his 'heroic' performance when India chased 160 odd runs. Had Rohit not been so lucky would you have blamed him for playing reckless shot ? I'll tell you the answer, you would have said "NO, he is non-experienced player and he should be exempted from any charges. But yuvi is experienced this and that...." . Yuvraj's problem throughout the summer has been his reluctance of not playing the shots (if you followed the test series more keenly, you would have noticed the same). He tried playing his shots in the last game and was quite successful in making those 26 runs, alas his innings had to end when he pulled out one shot too many. I am also quite surprised that all the swords are pointing towards UV, after his reckless shot. Shouldn't GG share the same amount of blame as much as UV ? GG compiled a beautiful innings before he cut the ball straight towards the fielder. Does this mean that Indian batsmen should not go for the shots at all ? Quite pessimistic isn't it ? As someone said in the other thread, there actually was no turning point in the game. Each and every batsman should be held responsible for not chasing a target of 204.

YOU ARE STILL MISSING THE POINT ... Gambhir cut a short and wide one outside off. He didnt try to pull it in the air did he? Because he knows that its very difficult for a shot like to come off, because it was too far outside off. I am not saying Yuvraj should not play his shots. I am just saying that he should at least play shots that are appropriate for the delivery bowled. Short, wide and spinning away from him ... most batsman would cut that, not pull it in the air. There is a big difference between playing your shots (which means going after bad balls with appropriate shots) and playing recklessly like against the movement of the ball to one of the longest boundaries on the field, when a fielder is placed there. You keep comparing his shot with CUTS to deliveries well outside the off stump. If Yuvraj tried to cut it, it wouldnt be considered a reckless shot, because it was there to cut, as the ball was moving away. Every article that I have read on that match referred to Yuvraj's shot as a reckless shot, and many mentioned that as being the turning point of the game.

As someone said in the other thread, there actually was no turning point in the game. Each and every batsman should be held responsible for not chasing a target of 204.
I am not blaming Yuvraj for the loss. There is a big difference between saying someones wicket was the turning point and blaming them for the loss. All I am saying is that the turning point was Yuvraj's wicket because before that we were still in the game, and once he got out, our chances of winning were pretty much gone. However, every batsman must take responsibility for the loss.