Is the captaincy burden getting too much on Kohli?

12 hours ago, rtmohanlal said:

So , just because he failed in 1 inns & because of his  1 bad luck(but he already had scored 123 for the inns) , his avg:  has remained a mere 40   compared to his very high standards?? That is where  such doubts arises... If he avg:ed  around 45 for the series, I wouldn't have  even doubted in these lines.

Kohli is amazing as a batsman but his workload is insane. That will start taking its toll at some point. Captaincy has nothing to do with it. 

Ind needs to manage Kohli and Bumrah very carefully. India's injury management has been dreadful anyway. So I don't know who'll take care of that and how. But these two players need to be managed most carefully.

15 minutes ago, Chandan said:

Kohli is amazing as a batsman but his workload is insane. That will start taking its toll at some point. Captaincy has nothing to do with it. 

Ind needs to manage Kohli and Bumrah very carefully. India's injury management has been dreadful anyway. So I don't know who'll take care of that and how. But these two players need to be managed most carefully.

that is where my concern is about. He already has a heavy workload. To add to that the mental burden especially  in places like AUS where you are likely to come across all types of adversities   can at times be too much even for a hard nut like Kohli, though I would like to believe  that is not the case.