Tanmay Srivastava follows Ishant Sharma

suraj

India all-rounder given reprimand for Level 1 offence India all-rounder Tanmay Srivastava has been found guilty under Level 1 of the International Cricket Council’s Code of Conduct following an incident that took place during the ICC U/19 Cricket World Cup semi-final against New Zealand in Kuala Lumpur on Wednesday. Srivastava was reported by the umpires – on-field officials Peter Hartley and Marais Erasmus, and third umpire Enamul Haque-Moni – and charged under Level 1.6 of the Code of Conduct which deals with “pointing or gesturing towards the pavilion in an aggressive manner by a bowler or other member of the fielding side upon the dismissal of a batsman”. The charge related to an incident during the New Zealand innings when Srivastava pointed Corey Anderson towards the pavilion in an aggressive manner after clean bowling him for 70 in the 49th over. Srivastava pleaded guilty to the charge and he was given an official reprimand by Chris Broad of the Emirates Elite Panel of ICC Match Referees. http://icc-cricket.yahoo.com/media-release/2008/february/media-release20080227-75.html Explaining his decision, Mr Broad said: “I understand that in the heat of the moment young players can get excited, especially when they have just dismissed the opposition’s highest scorer. But it is important for them to realise that gesturing a batsman towards the pavilion in this fashion is disrespectful and is contrary to the spirit of the game. “This is Tanmay’s first offence under the ICC Code of Conduct and as such I am happy with giving him an official reprimand. He needs to remember that this sort of behaviour is unacceptable from any player in the game no matter what his age and no matter what the circumstance.” For Level 1 offences, there is no right of appeal and the referee’s decision is final. Present at the Code of Conduct hearing were: Match Referee Chris Broad; umpires Peter Hartley, Marais Erasmus, Enamul Haque-Moni and Zameer Haider; India team manager Gopal Bose; India under-19 team coach Dav Whatmore; and the player Tanmay Srivastava.

Chalo... now racism has entered the cricket grounds, too. For sure, at every level these whites are after us...huh!
but then if there is a rule that player should not point out a fingure to pavalion then that rule must follow by the player...we can understand in Ishant's case but here there was no provocation came from batsman...so i think it's a fair decision here...

ICF appears to be Indian Complainers Forum today. Whats the point of having two dozen threads about Hayden, Symonds, ICC, Tanmay etc etc going? For those who beleive India has been hard done by should you not limit yourself to one or two threads? Zero value addition to cricket lovers here.

ICF appears to be Indian Complainers Forum today. Whats the point of having two dozen threads about Hayden, Symonds, ICC, Tanmay etc etc going? For those who beleive India has been hard done by should you not limit yourself to one or two threads? Zero value addition to cricket lovers here.
Exactly, there has been almost nothing worth reading on here - especially today. It's tiresome to see threads with nothing else but cut and pasted articles in them. What do they prove ? That the poster can read ? I'd rather hear an opinion. It's obvious that a 'select few' are totally killing the atmosphere on this board for the rest of the community. I won't name names because i am a nice guy, and also because most could probably recognise them anyway; waaaa_anker.gif
but then if there is a rule that player should not point out a fingure to pavalion then that rule must follow by the player...we can understand in Ishant's case but here there was no provocation came from batsman...so i think it's a fair decision here...
Agreed about it. On the whole this tour has created a vast gulf amongst the cricketing nations. There are two norms, one for them and other for us. For example, Bhajji-Symonds ( Bhajji was only subjected to trial ) Ishant-Symonds ( Ishant was only called for explanation ) Bhajji-Ponting ( What action is taken against Ponting ) & Bhajji-Hayden ( WHat action is taken against Hayden ) no more examples needed to describe their double standards.
yes, I accepted about Srivastava. On the whole anything done by us is monitored and subjected, immediately. But, what about them???
yup thats true that no actions are being taken against them...and BCCI will need to take steps how they did for Bhajji's case...