Souljah Tendulkar faces another battle

India's greatest Souljah now faces the menace of Dale Steyn on March 26. Steyn has been bowling superbly of late, and has crossed 100 wickets in just 20 test matches. He has a superb yorker and excellent control. On the first day of the test series last year, Tendulkar and Dravid faced up to him in seaming conditions and did very well for India. Tendulkar took 19 runs off 35 deliveries, including 3 boundaries. Didn't face him in the 2nd innings or 2nd test, and took 8 off 22 from him in the third test. Steyn is now a much improved bowler and Tendulkar is on top of his game (even though clearly out of touch on the SAF tour, Tendulkar managed a decent tour). This battle could decide the test series. Another minor thing. Tendulkar makes it a habit of demolishing bowlers who get his wicket. Saqlain Mushtaq was destroyed in Dhaka, Kapra decimated wherever he bowled to Tendulkar, on many occasions. Giles and Monty after initial success in India, were taken apart in England. Monty actually got an autograph from Tendulkar on which he wrote, never again! Tendulkar repeatedly went after him in the test series on got his own. Brad Hogg...well let's not talk about the battering he got this summer.. Paul Harris made the mistake of picking up Tendulkar on the SAF tour. Watch for him to get obilerated on this tour. Play it safe and don't come to India. 171 runs to go and Tendulkar will rightly own both Test and ODI records for most runs scored. God bless this souljah.

Good post ! :two_thumbs_up: Me thinks ' date=' Steyn won't be effective in the subcontinent pitches. I think Tendulkar will own him..[/quote'] i wouldnt be so quick ... he just took 14 against Bangla in Bangla and lot of them from short pitched stuff ... so lets wait and watch. I reckon he will get a fair number of wickets .. questions for us is can we still get some runs off of him