NY Governor in prostitute scandal

head coach

-- I know what u mean but isnt it tough to trust a person who cant even be loyal to his own spouse ?
Eh ?! No, not at all. You will be surprized to know how much cheating goes on in EVERY culture. Besides, there can be 3294023904 reasons for cheating- people drifting apart, spousal abuse, wife always having a headache, hubby always preferring the wrong hole, etc etc. And if that person found it tough to keep the promises of wedlock, so what ? promises made in wedlock are often the most ceremonial/unrealistic kind and ask yourself honestly that if your wife refuses sex to you for the next 5 years/its over in 5 minutes coz she aint in the mood, etc. would you or would you not be looking elsewhere to get your rocks off. If you say no, you are either a) A liar or b) one-in-a million in your obstinacy. Either way, i don't see why i'd have a trust issue with my boss/co-worker if he/she cheated on their spouse. I will give you one very emphatic example that sexual fidelity has nothing to do with trust unless you are the partner : In wars, soldiers are the BEST buddies with each other, hell, they even risk their lives on the word of their mates ( you stand up and draw the fire, i promise i shall cover you)- yet soldiers are notorious for cheating on their spouses/blowing off some steam by getting hanky panky with whores. So as i see it, if its commonplace to trust your very life on the word of a person cheating on his wife, it clearly is not a trust issue unless you are the partner yourself.

Eh ?! No, not at all. You will be surprized to know how much cheating goes on in EVERY culture. Besides, there can be 3294023904 reasons for cheating- people drifting apart, spousal abuse, wife always having a headache, hubby always preferring the wrong hole, etc etc. And if that person found it tough to keep the promises of wedlock, so what ? promises made in wedlock are often the most ceremonial/unrealistic kind and ask yourself honestly that if your wife refuses sex to you for the next 5 years/its over in 5 minutes coz she aint in the mood, etc. would you or would you not be looking elsewhere to get your rocks off. If you say no, you are either a) A liar or b) one-in-a million in your obstinacy.
There is no excuse for cheating. I havent been in the situations mentioned above but a Normal person should seek divorce , counseling etc and cheating is not an answer to fix a problem.
Either way, i don't see why i'd have a trust issue with my boss/co-worker if he/she cheated on their spouse. I will give you one very emphatic example that sexual fidelity has nothing to do with trust unless you are the partner : In wars, soldiers are the BEST buddies with each other, hell, they even risk their lives on the word of their mates ( you stand up and draw the fire, i promise i shall cover you)- yet soldiers are notorious for cheating on their spouses/blowing off some steam by getting hanky panky with whores. So as i see it, if its commonplace to trust your very life on the word of a person cheating on his wife, it clearly is not a trust issue unless you are the partner yourself.
True that example about soldiers but I would prefer to have friends or bosses who have some morals. I am not saying hang the people who cheat, all Im saying is "I would prefer to have a boss/friend/co worker and a president who has morals and knows that cheating is not right" Now thats just my opinion ...:icflove:

There is no excuse for cheating. I havent been in the situations mentioned above but a Normal person should seek divorce , counseling etc and cheating is not an answer to fix a problem.
if there was no excuse for cheating, cheating wouldn't be as commonplace. I think you are looking at it a bit too idealistically and not too practically. I am not saying it is okay to cheat, just that there are so many scenarios where cheating happens and most of us would cheat than take the moral high-ground, simply for the sake of the bigger picture. If your wife had a serious downturn in sexual interest and you ended up being shut off, would you really prefer divorce and messing up the lives of your kids, dealing with all the jhamelaa of divorce, etc etc ? Perhaps you would, but there are just as many people i think who would find the idea of 'a little side trip to the misstress/whorehouse on the way back from work' the most workable option and lesser of the two evils than trying to explain to your kids why you dumped their mom. I don't think cheating itself is a very good morals indicator, for there are so many unique situations, personal events that without having the knowledge of, becomes extremely idealistic and non-realistic to say 'there is no excuse for cheating'. Anyways, this is going slightly off a tangent of the main point i was trying to make- which is, sexual fidelity is a personal issue, not a public issue. I think whether or not cheating is a bad thing/understandable upon circumstances etc. is an individual decision but it is ridiculous to use it in the public life, for there is absolutely no relevance to you,me or anyone else if our boss cheats or doesn't. Even your preference of having a 'high morals' President/Boss doesn't really have any qualitative or quantifiable value to yourself- for as i said, as long as your boss is doing the officework properly, i fail to understand what significance does his sexual life have on you. Hell, in most cases, you are running ignorant like the rest of us anyways- of all the people you meet in the streets/office, you have no idea who is cheating on their spouse and who isn't. So in the workplace/public life, i see no relevance of it at all and that is what i wanted to convey when i quoted Head-coach.

I think whether or not cheating is a bad thing/understandable upon circumstances etc. is an individual decision but it is ridiculous to use it in the public life, for there is absolutely no relevance to you,me or anyone else if our boss cheats or doesn't. Even your preference of having a 'high morals' President/Boss doesn't really have any qualitative or quantifiable value to yourself- for as i said, as long as your boss is doing the officework properly, i fail to understand what significance does his sexual life have on you. Hell, in most cases, you are running ignorant like the rest of us anyways- of all the people you meet in the streets/office, you have no idea who is cheating on their spouse and who isn't. So in the workplace/public life, i see no relevance of it at all and that is what i wanted to convey when i quoted Head-coach.
I agree we dont know who is cheating but whom would u prefer
  • Bill clinton : who was cheating on his wife and showed that he can get carried away and forget what he promised to someone closest to him.
  • Or Bill Clinton who doesnt cheat on his wife

My vote would go to the 2nd option Rest as they say.. u r only a thief only if u get caught and same thing applies for cheating I guess ...

I agree we dont know who is cheating but whom would u prefer * Bill clinton : who was cheating on his wife and showed that he can get carried away and forget what he promised to someone closest to him. * Or Bill Clinton who doesnt cheat on his wife
I wouldn't care one iota unless i was Bill Clinton's wife/child. If the two Bill Clintons are exactly equal in their executive role, it would come down to a pure coin-toss for me. Whether Bill cheats or doesn't has very little to do with me or the country in general. What I DO know is that i will most definitely prefer a competent President who cheats on his wife over a mediocre/incompetent president who is loyal to his wife.

CC- you are trivializing the issue from having an elected official emroiled in a scandal. FIrst there is the issues of a lawmaker breaking the laws - remember Spitzer had prosecuted a no. of prostitution rings as AG. Secondly, even if forget the hypocrisy there is the issue of the toll the criminal trial and family issues will take on him, based on which one can legitimately question whether he can be effective as a governor.