Malcolm Conn and his strange conclusions

Did any of you read this piece? Malcolm Conn, an Australian journalist accuses Sunny of being a racist for his article on the Harbhajan-Symonds's ruling by the match referee (before the Judge from NZ was appointed). http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,23385802-5001505,00.html He also authored a piece titled "Yet again Harbhajan Walks Free" claiming that he had made monkey gestures against the crowds in the first final. Just looking for a discussion on the Aussie media.

Yeah, I read quite a few pieces from him that were blatantly unjustifiably against our cricket team. I read other Aussie papers like The Age and the Sydney Morning Herald which also wrote that we couldn't take defeat very well, and trash like that but they were not against us for no reason. They atleast tried to justify their writing. This guy has been completely unacceptable by any standards. I am not being biased as an Indian fan because I do believe that our behavior could have been far better than it was seen in Australia but that does not give anyone the claim to call us racists or a whinging team. Let an Australian player be hit by a beamer by one of our fast bowlers and let us see how they react. Let one of the Australian players be tackled down to save a single and see how they react. And finally, let them come to India and get at least 10 decisions go against them. They'll start complaining regarding the unjust and biased umpires in the subcontinent and our "cheating" teams. It was deplorable to say the least. The reason why I brought this topic up was that this was just completely unacceptable for me that he was calling Gavaskar a racist because of the rather blunt statements that Sunny made in that article. (BTW, if anyone has a link, I'd appreciate it. I don't remember where I read it.) The gist of that article was that why was Sachin's word not taken while Symonds', Hayden's, and Ponting's word taken when there was no evidence for either one of the sides. It was a fair way to put it, perhaps Sunny could've avoided using the words "brown" and "white" so casually in the article but his anger was very justifiable considering that a 3rd umpire also went against us (Symonds' Stumping) despite having all the time in the world to analyze the reaction by the keeper. Not to dig into wounds of the past but I thought this article was completely unjust against one of the best opening batsmen the game has seen for the mere reason that he supported our cricket team. Sorry about the rant. I have been reading pieces all around the world that say that we are the "bad boys" of cricket, and that we lack any sort of sportive manners. I was surprised to see that none of them even mentioned the fact or at least admitted that Gundappa Viswanath was an Indian and he did something none of the other cricketers have ever done. Harbhajan was shown as a villain who deserved no mercy. His behavior was dreadful on the field, and his over-the-top celebrations for getting Ponting was indecent to say the least. However, calling him a racist, and criticizing our team for our reactions and calling its supporters racist is uncalled for. I sincerely hope that the Australians do not get the treatment that we received in Australia from their fans, and that media is not as biased as theirs.

I sincerely hope that the Australians do not get the treatment that we received in Australia from their fans, and that media is not as biased as theirs I am sorry. i want Indian media and fans to test their patience and put them thru a wringer questioning their actions on the field and off it, with a microscopic view.especially on Hayden, Symmonds, Clarke and Ponting whenever they tour here. the media should write about their actions with fertile imagination and attribute cheap motives to their actions. indian media should also criticise their team management as well as cricket australia. they should not print their clarifications or carry any justifications on any news channels. the fans should boo them when ever possible, whether in the stadia/ or in practice or when they come out for dinner or beer or travel on bus/car. see them and seize their attention, shout at them, boo them.... but unfortunately the indian media will lick these guys and ask them to contribute a column in every paper, the news channels will vie with each other for a sound byte and sponsored program.