Munaf will play a vital role: Lillee

DesiChap

Chennai: Munaf Patel would be a vital cog in India?s wheel in the upcoming World Cup in the West Indies, former Australian speedster Dennis Lillee has said. ?Munaf is someone capable of clocking speeds well over 140 kmph and should be doing that. I would use him as an attacking option,? Lillee, consultant coach at MRF Pace Academy, said. The Australian legend also watched India?s new ball bowler, Sreesanth, hard at work at the nets and said he needed to adopt a different line and length in both versions of the game. ?He tries to bowl the dream ball that pitches around off stump and goes away from the right-handed batsmen every time. His wrist-lock is excellent but it is not the only thing. He needs to concentrate on a few other things and bowling a bit short or a bit up,? he said. Sreesanth is at the academy to fine tune his skills ahead of the World Cup. Lillee was speaking at the end of a fortnight-long camp for 19 bowlers, including six national A bowlers from England and Indian trainees. On West Indian wickets, Lillee said the tracks are unlikely to allow movement of the seam or too much bounce. ?If Indian bowlers move the ball at even 130 kmph and maintain a steady line and length, they will be able to probe the batsmen,? he said. Lillee had a word of praise for Zaheer Khan, saying his stint in the English County had helped him rediscover his rock back action, giving him more strength at the crease. As for Irfan Pathan, another MRF Pace Foundation product, who is now not getting the desired results, Lillee said ?all I have seen of him are a few video clippings. ?People know that things are not working well for him right now. But I offered to help him. It is up to him to come back here like he did in the past.?