Kaif's recall a reward for his dedication

Guest Hiten.

I doubt that Kaif will get a chance to play ... he has many admirable qualities but his talent quotient is so low that I dont think he is an answer for us long term ... Badri' date= GG deserved to get a nod ahead of him
How is Badri a long term answer for Kaif? Gambhir, I can still digest, but Badri? They both are about the same age and Kaif is more experienced, Badri hasn't even played an international yet. It is unfair to compare him to Kaif. Badri's time will come in a year or so, I'm sure. But he should start with SL, ENG, or PAK ... the weak-ish teams and then graduate him to Aus and SA type teams. Atleast we'll discover if he's not another Amol Mazumdar, the domestic bully. Even if as you say Kaif's talent quotient is low (which I don't quite agree with), he makes it up with his extreme hard work, his fitness, his fielding, and his team persona. What did Yuvraj do with all his talent in Aus?
But he should start with SL, ENG, or PAK ... the weak-ish teams and then graduate him to Aus and SA type teams. Atleast we'll discover if he's not another Amol Mazumdar, the domestic bully.
Giving soft debuts and opportunities never help because in the face of a challenge the pretenders will unravel. The real champions when thrown in the ring regardless of their age and experience come through and those are the guys you want to be part of your side. Guys like Tendulkar, Dravid, Ganguly, Sehwag who were thrown in the cauldron on their debuts and early on in their careers and blazed through. Giving soft matches like to people like Yuvraj will see them hammering the opposition when faced with Pakistan and come out embarrassing the team when thrown into a real battle against a team like Australia. Ishant Sharma did not need a gentle initiation into cricket to show what he is made of.
Giving soft debuts and opportunities never help because in the face of a challenge the pretenders will unravel. The real champions when thrown in the ring regardless of their age and experience come through and those are the guys you want to be part of your side. Guys like Tendulkar' date=' Dravid, Ganguly, Sehwag who were thrown in the cauldron on their debuts and early on in their careers and blazed through. Giving soft matches like to people like Yuvraj will see them hammering the opposition when faced with Pakistan and come out embarrassing the team when thrown into a real battle against a team like Australia. Ishant Sharma did not need a gentle initiation into cricket to show what he is made of.[/quote'] Thank you .. for defending my point beautifully. Yes talent is certainly not the end all be all, but given a perennial underperformer like Kaif I would rather give other deserving chaps a chance before going back to the garbage that isKaif. Mind you I was the one who used to spout that he would be future Indian cappo, my friends still dont let me live that down. So I am hardly one eyed abt this
Yep' date=' Kaify's a team man with the right attitude unlike Yuvraj.[/quote'] Kaif has always been dedicated, but he didn't get chances at the right touch of form to prove his worth. When he was dropped, team India was in crisis. Top order was repeatedly failing due to which he was under pressure besides going through the bad patch of his form.
Kaif has got one last chance of getting back into the Indian side' date=' if he pulls something off in Ahmadabad, then kumble will have worries.[/quote'] Parth, you are right. No doubt, this is the last chance which he got in his career. Either he will built his career or he will hang his boots forever.
you could always shift the batting order but keep Viru and Jaffer for opening and comes Gambhir afterwards but I guess Kaif is good candidate to replace middle order batsman. But no Yuvi...
...provided the top order gives a flying or at least a stable start.