Shoaib doubtful for World Cup

DesiChap

Pakistan fast bowler Shoaib Akhtar on Friday proclaimed himself as a doubtful starter for next month's World Cup with his knee being still a matter of concern. Shoaib, who spent the last week in London apparently to seek medical opinion on his knee problem, said he would again leave for the city on Sunday. "The picture is not very good on the knee and I am going for another examination. But right now I can't say for sure I will be able to play in the World Cup," he told reporters at the Gaddafi stadium in Lahore on the first day of the team's training camp. The 'Rawalpindi Express' said he is making every effort to be fully fit for the mega-event beginning on March 13 and does not know the status of his dope tests. "I don't know right now when I will take the dope tests because at the moment the more important thing for me is to be 100 per cent fit for the World Cup," he added. Shoaib also said he had sunk his differences with coach Bob Woolmer and their altercation reported during their recent Test series in South Africa is a thing of past. "What happened in South Africa is now a thing of the past. I respect him as coach," he said. Mohammad Asif, who had also tested positive for a banned substance with Shoaib last year, also showed up at the camp but could not confirm when he would take the tests. He avoided speaking to the media insisting he was instructed by the Board not to say anything. However, sources in the Board have indicated that both the bowlers are close to be ruled out of the World Cup. They have had tests in London which have shown the level of the banned substance nandrolone has not come down substantially enough in their bodies for them to go to the World Cup without any fear of testing positive, the sources said. The Board has constantly maintained the two went to London on private visits to get medical opinion on their injuries but now it appears they might have gone there for other reasons as well. Medical experts say nandrolone remains in the body of an athlete for atleast six months after using it. The two had tested positive for the substance last October and were banned before being cleared by an appeals panel of the Board.

Re: Shoaib doubtful for World Cup Watch out for lame excuses, if we had the following, we'd have won the world cup Shoaib (Plays a game and rests for another ten) Asif (Not proved in ODIs) Gul (Hardly made any mark in international) Rana (Spanked all over the place) OTOH, I'd love watch Ind vs Pak (both teams fully fit) and I'm sure we'll kick their butt as we did in previous WC

Re: Shoaib doubtful for World Cup Apparently Akhtar has 4.0 & Asif 2.8 (2.0 is the accepted limit) of nandro levels in their body. They have been asked by the docs, to drink a lot of fluids to FLUSH the substance out of their system. This is a mockery of the highest order. The goons should be tested by the ICC asap & culled out of international cricket for the forseeable future.

Re: Shoaib doubtful for World Cup When are Mopey and Dopie gonna take the damn tests anyway?? What's with all this drama--if you haven't done roids or sniffed blow with some tranny hooker; just take the freakin tests already! I'm getting sick of this pointless nonsense. :shrug: :shrug: :hic:

Re: Shoaib doubtful for World Cup

Watch out for lame excuses, if we had the following, we'd have won the world cup Shoaib (Plays a game and rests for another ten) Asif (Not proved in ODIs) Gul (Hardly made any mark in international) Rana (Spanked all over the place)
Actually you are the one who is coming up with excuses by saying Gul hasn't marked in ODis, Asif isn't proven, SHoaib will miss most of the games etc.

Re: Shoaib doubtful for World Cup Akhtar is a rare specimen. Perhaps the only guy who failed in every test in his life & yet came out of each one of them, unharmed. High school test - Failed. Excuse: Kidney failure. Result: Graduated Chucking test - Failed. Excuse: Hyper Extension. Result: Action cleared Doping test - Failed. Excuse: Brain Fart. Result: Cleared to play.

Akhtar is a rare specimen. Perhaps the only guy who failed in every test in his life & yet came out of each one of them, unharmed. High school test - Failed. Excuse: Kidney failure. Result: Graduated Chucking test - Failed. Excuse: Hyper Extension. Result: Action cleared Doping test - Failed. Excuse: Brain Fart. Result: Cleared to play.
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Akhtar is a rare specimen. Perhaps the only guy who failed in every test in his life & yet came out of each one of them, unharmed. High school test - Failed. Excuse: Kidney failure. Result: Graduated Chucking test - Failed. Excuse: Hyper Extension. Result: Action cleared Doping test - Failed. Excuse: Brain Fart. Result: Cleared to play.
Hain? Is that true? :chin:

He also failed to walk until the age of 5 which makes it quite incredible that for so many years he was the world's fastest bowler and produced some memorable spells.

Re: Shoaib doubtful for World Cup He is talented no doubt. But all we are asking of him, is to comply with the damn rules. God knows, how long he's been taking drugs! I doubt he could have played this long with such a fragile body, bowling this fast, without resorting to anabolics. I am almost certain he was on drugs during the last Ind-Pak test series

He is talented no doubt. But all we are asking of him, is to comply with the damn rules. God knows, how long he's been taking drugs! I doubt he could have played this long with such a fragile body, bowling this fast, without resorting to anabolics. I am almost certain he was on drugs during the last Ind-Pak test series
He has been regularly tested before, twice by the ICC and 2 or 3 times by the PCB.

Re: Shoaib doubtful for World Cup I dont trust any of the PCB tests. ICC should have tested him only during ICC events. (World cup, Champs trophy etc). Was he tested any other times by the ICC after 2003 ? (Even during 2003 world cup, every player may not have been tested)

He also failed to walk until the age of 5 which makes it quite incredible that for so many years he was the world's fastest bowler and produced some memorable spells.
PS: with the help of chucking and drugs of course