?Someone must have been cursing Dada hard?

DesiChap

Kolkata, February 9: As the first drops splashed down on the sylvan grounds of Eden Gardens, all dreams and excitement went for a toss. And when the downpour began in earnest, many packed their bags to head home. The day that had started with a mellow sun, raising pleasant visions of an exciting tussle between India and Sri Lanka, ended with drenched caps and mud-splashed tricolours and placards. The rest of the teeming crowd that had hung on, hoping against hope, were seen trudging out of the stadium in the evening. Shamsunder Singh, whose 10-yr-old son was almost in tears, said: ?I paid Rs 1,500 for tickets. We were hoping to have a gala time what with Sourav making a comeback. But now with the rains, everything has gone down the drain. We are all feeling too low to even stay back.? The picture could not have been less different in the afternoon. Faces painted, members of the hoipolloi had made a beeline for the stadium, armed with tricolours, headbands and sunguards. Binoy Saha, one of the painters, said, ?I?m coming from Barasat. Business has been very good from the morning. I am charging Rs 10 for every flag that I?m painting but the people are not bothered about the price.? If only the Rain Gods understood. The dejected hearts found many a reason for the foul weather ? And those had nothing to do with the weatherman?s jargon. One of the fans, Gour Ray, said: ?This happened because someone must have been cursing Dada hard.? The hint was obvious. Even in his absence, Jagmohan Dalmiya was the villain of the piece, his actions enough to offend the heavens. Another, less diplomatic, quipped: ?Its Dalmiya?s tears that has drowned the Eden.? However, Bani Mittal chose not to get flustered. ?Chalo yaar, it?s alright. Things like this can happen. At least I have seen Ganguly now with my own eyes,? she said. And that was enough to send her home happy.

Re: ?Someone must have been cursing Dada hard? no, but somebody did curse the so called fans they booed the Indian team during the match against SA,supported SA, applauded indian wickets. coz dada was not in the team. i think it was good the match got rained out. booing a non-performing player is ok, it happens. but booing your national team, just because your local boy was no longer in the team, and was ousted due to non-performance, is total bullshit.

Re: ?Someone must have been cursing Dada hard?

Please remind us what happened to India in that match...did they perform? And while you are at it... please explain is giving the fans the FINGER ever OK for the National coach?
India did not perform, and got beaten by 10 wickets. yaad aaya? fair enough, not every team wins every match. teams do get beaten, and sometimes convincingly at that. its not that we were having a bad run either. so what? if the team dosent perform, start booing the team, applaud the 4's of the team that is winning, change sides in a second, and hope for ur national team to lose? i'm sorry dude, to me, that isnt acceptable. this left the whole team in shock. Giving the finger to the fans , as a reaction to what the fans did, was in no way correct, in no way acceptable, by the national coach. it was a shock reaction, and it shouldnt have happenned. but 2 wrongs do not make a right. remember that.

Please remind us what happened to India in that match...did they perform? And while you are at it... please explain is giving the fans the FINGER ever OK for the National coach?
dude there has been way too much hue and cry about an incident that might not even have occurred. and quite frankly, greg chappel has been the greatest thing to happen to indian cricket since sachin tendulkar and john wright. the calcuttans need to sedate their jingoism and consider the greater good. when dada departed, or rather was cast aside, the team's fortunes rose higher than the heavens and when the things got worse, the team called upon him, a moment when he like a true warrior delivered from a pedestal six feet higher than the rest. this is the same bullshit that the team and the coach were subjected to recently when they played a game in orissa. there were some foolish nitwits who were booing chapell and burning effigies in protest of the fact that there was no oria player in the team. the last player from orissa who did make it into the team was promising but dwindled into oblivion: mohanty.

dude there has been way too much hue and cry about an incident that might not even have occurred. and quite frankly, greg chappel has been the greatest thing to happen to indian cricket since sachin tendulkar and john wright. the calcuttans need to sedate their jingoism and consider the greater good. when dada departed, or rather was cast aside, the team's fortunes rose higher than the heavens and when the things got worse, the team called upon him, a moment when he like a true warrior delivered from a pedestal six feet higher than the rest. this is the same bullshit that the team and the coach were subjected to recently when they played a game in orissa. there were some foolish nitwits who were booing chapell and burning effigies in protest of the fact that there was no oria player in the team. the last player from orissa who did make it into the team was promising but dwindled into oblivion: mohanty.
last player was SS Das, i think again, did make it to into the team, was promising, but dwindled into oblivion.

Don't talk sh*t. The Bengali crowd have always been partisan and have a lengthy track-record of whimsically turning against the Indian cricket team. Whether it was back in the 40's when Mushtaq Ali's absence sparked a furore, or back in the 80's when Gavaskar had missiles thrown at him after Kapil was dropped, or in the '90's when they gave Pakistan a standing ovation in the Nehru Cup or rioted in the stands during the '96 WC Semifinal - they have always been an extremely unpredictable, passionate and unruly crowd. This is not to justify Chappell's middle finger; which was out of order and should have been reprimanded, but the crowd was just as pathetic in the way they turned against their own team. I have no sympathy for them whatsoever - life has a way of taking care of things itself and the Bengalis got their just-desserts when the rain poured down at the beginning of the SL innings. Even the Saffies were astonished at how every boundary they thumped was being cheered vociferously...it's the kind of behaviour you NEVER encounter anywhere else, in any sport. Sure, crowds will boo their teams once in a while but they NEVER EVER cheer for the opposition - it's unheard of.

no, but somebody did curse the so called fans they booed the Indian team during the match against SA,supported SA, applauded indian wickets. coz dada was not in the team. i think it was good the match got rained out. booing a non-performing player is ok, it happens. but booing your national team, just because your local boy was no longer in the team, and was ousted due to non-performance, is total bullshit.
Fair point ! But I want to see what mumbai fans do if Sachin is kept out of the team. I am sure they wouldnt even let the match be on the way. There is no point in blaming fans. Fans are driven by passion for the game and their players...not by etiquettes. @Topic It must be that asshole Kiran More.

no, but somebody did curse the so called fans they booed the Indian team during the match against SA,supported SA, applauded indian wickets. coz dada was not in the team. i think it was good the match got rained out. booing a non-performing player is ok, it happens. but booing your national team, just because your local boy was no longer in the team, and was ousted due to non-performance, is total bullshit.
Fair point ! But I want to see what mumbai fans do if Sachin is kept out of the team. I am sure they wouldnt even let the match be on the way. There is no point in blaming fans. Fans are driven by passion for the game and their players...not by etiquettes. @Topic It must be that asshole Kiran More.
Mumbai fans boo-ed sachin when he was not performing :eew: they did not stop supporting the team. :wtg: also, u actually think there will be a day when sachin is kept out of the team? :doh: never gonna happen :lmao:

Mumbai fans boo-ed sachin when he was not performing :eew: they did not stop supporting the team. :wtg: also, u actually think there will be a day when sachin is kept out of the team? :doh: never gonna happen :lmao:
I sincerely hope not ! But looking at the shaky circumstances...the day might actually come.

I sincerely hope not ! But looking at the shaky circumstances...the day might actually come.
what shaky circumstances :shrug: did u see his last 4 innings? :huh:

I wasnt talking about his performance. Ah...nevermind. with all that is happening in Indian cricket...my perception is ki kuch bhi possible hai.
tendulkar is only about performance. no politics will affect him. he is bigger than anybody else, nobody will challenge him on what he says.