No place for fainthearts

Dhondy

Re: No place for fainthearts I dont see anything wrong with Sachin's technique.. Anyone remember 97 tour wth Sachin captaining..He had very bad ODI tri series until that game in Benoni...I clearly remember Sachin looking good most of the times, but getting out to some glorious fielding or hitting straight to the fielder. One particular occasion, there were only 3 fielders on the leg side with only one in the ring...either side of this fielder was boundary for the taking..and what he does, hits straight to that fielder...

Re: No place for fainthearts

I dont see anything wrong with Sachin's technique
Tendulkar is getting caught at the crease far too often. Just look at his dismissals this year, there are several where he has gotten bowled while being rooted at the crease. From being primarily a backfoot player he has also developed a trigger front foot movement very distinctive of sub continental batsmen, very dangerous on such wickets.

Re: No place for fainthearts >From being primarily a backfoot player he has also developed a trigger front foot movement very distinctive of sub continental batsmen, very dangerous on such wickets. he has just playing in subcontinent lately...so you expect him to have such technique..cool thing about him is he tends to change his technique quickly according to the conditions...In Durban, he stayed on backfoot with back and across movement...

Re: No place for fainthearts >^His dismissal at Durban when he was bowled was the classic caught in two minds, stuck at the crease dismissal. On a pitch with that much bounce he should have been all the way back. It was very good delivery, would have taken most batsman bowled or LBW..yup he was caught in no man's land..but again there wasnt lunge forward that you are talking about...T he delivery reminded me of Donald delivery that clean up Sachin ....only difference was that was really quick and moved bit more..and Sachin was much younger..

Re: No place for fainthearts

he delivery reminded me of Donald delivery that clean up Sachin ....only difference was that was really quick and moved bit more..and Sachin was much younger..
This delivery wasn't a patch on the Donald delivery you are referring to. There was a difference of around 10 mph in the speed and the movement here was less as well. A decisive Tendulkar would have gone back and patted it to mid off.
yup he was caught in no man's land..but again there wasnt lunge forward that you are talking about...
Not on that delivery but there were a few which he would have played on the backfoot a few years back.

Re: No place for fainthearts Prof does raise some good points. His technique is waning. Look at the no. of times Tendu was out LBW in his first 85 tests & look at the no. of LBWs since then. Its alarming, the no. of times he gets out LBW or bowled to incoming deliveries these days, which he used to flick to the onside with his eyes closed during his hey days. Slowing eyes, perhaps ?

Re: No place for fainthearts Tendulkar out LBWs: Overall 35 LBWs since 1989 test debut. 17 in the last 6 years, 12 in last 3 years (35 overall) A very high proportion of LBWs in the last 3 years. 35% of his LBWs in the last 3 years alone, which constitutes only 17% of his test career Tendulkar out bowled: Overall 33 bowled since 1989 debut. 14 in the last 6 years, 8 in last 3 years. 25% of his bowled in the last 3 years alone, which constitutes only 17% of his test career. He is highly vulnerable to incoming deliveries, bowled at 135+ kph.

Re: No place for fainthearts Tendulkar after 2003 WC has played 27 tests, 42 innings and has been dismissed 36 times. Of these LBW and bowled are 16 ie. 44%. Tendulkar till 2003 WC had played 105 tests, 169 innings and was dismissed 153 times. Of these LBW and bowled were 52 ie. 33%.

Slowing eyes, perhaps ?
Dont think its slowing reflexes bumper. To me it looks like the injuries, change of bat, and many other factors put together have brought in this technical flaw. Basically a man not very certain of his game.