Yuvraj Singh: Yuseless even as a captain

Rohan495

wat the hell did he do in the cb series?? apart from a 70+ against sl?? the only thing he did in the tests is block the players who are more deserving than him a k a sehwag.
He had one bad odi series. Even great players do. Look at his record in odis in 2006 and 2007. About his skills in test matches, I am not gonna argue with anyone cuz he did fail in australia and he didnt block anyone. He played 2 tests and deserved those after his 169. However,he failed.thats a diff story but imo hes a couple of good innings away from a test match success. Its the lack of confidence more than the skills. However, yup if he keeps failing then he should be dropped and thats what the selector are for.

Well he is good enough to be in the Indian team and he has won more odi matches for India in last 2 yrs(2006,2007) then any other Indian batsmen so he is much better than just okay. I dont care if you cant find a place for him in world xi cuz there is no such real TEAM SO you are just talkin crap here.
First, i'd appreciate it if you could quote texts properly. Secondly, good/bad/great/decent is a barometer judged on a world scale. And on a world scale, Yuvraj is ordinary in ODIs, nothing more.
YOU SAID He is not even good in odis. HE was a real success in CB SERIES which was played in ...NEWSFLASH!!!!!!............AUSTRALIA.... and here in sydney, they call him Australi's nemesis..
Bhajji overall in ODIs: 171 matches, 189 wickets @ 33.51, 4.18 economy, only two 4-fers and 2 five-fers ( one of which came against a totally soft team like Zimbabwe). Bhajji overseas in ODIs: 104 matches, 114 wickets @ 32.33, only ONE 4-fer. What he did in CB series is called 'flash in a pan'...you know, where if you give mediocre players even a zillion chances, they are bound to get a decent knock/bowling performance here and there. Compare that with Kumble in his heydeys(90s for ODIs), Warne, Saqqi, Murali etc. and its CLEAR that Bhajji is NOT a frontline bowler...he is there only coz we have no other options. Nuff said!!
and I dont give a shyt about what you think of his captaincy cuz I am not gonna argue about it cuz he doesnt have a track record in it. G'day
Mate, there is a thing called 'QUALIFIED FOR THE JOB'. Yuvraj is not even his regional team captain. Kumble, Dhoni, Tendu,Dravid, Gangoo etc. ALL have extensive times being captain for their domestic sides or extensive tutelege as vice-captain. Yuvraj has neither. There is such a thing called pre-requisite. Your professor won't let you take a 3rd year course if you havnt met the 2nd year pre-requisite course...so why the fook should i overlook this in Yuvraj's case ? In this case, no experience does not equal 'give him a chance', it equals ' UNQUALIFIED'. PERIOD!! But judging by your userID, i don't expect a rational discussion with you when it comes to Yuvraj- you've already declared yourself to be his groupie and in typical groupie style, you lack the basic case of honest appraisal.

YOU SAID He is not even good in odis. HE was a real success in CB SERIES which was played in ...NEWSFLASH!!!!!!............AUSTRALIA.... and here in sydney, they call him Australi's nemesis..
any source ,,,, any article stating what you are claiming that we can check out ? In Australia that I live they call him an arrogant racist idiot ...

Its not lack of confidence I don't think. You don't get a Man of the Series against Pakistan in the One Dayers and hit a 169 after India were at 61/4 and then suddenly lose confidence 1 week later. The Pakistan attack was lackluster and it had no venom. Australia was different - Clark, Lee, Johnson all bowled extremely good line and length, and he had to adjust to it and play himself in. It was lack of patience, lack of experience against a good decent attack and lack of experience in how to approach a 5-day game. I think it would be extremely beneficial for Yuvraj to go and join a county and play there and learn how to approach the 3-day, 4-day, and 5-day games. He's got to learn though and to do that, he has to get rid of his enormous ego that he has right now. Also, for him to become a good test player, he has to get rid of that damn sweep shot that he plays so often against spin, and learn how to play spin properly. When it works out, it looks great but more often than not, its a risk for him. It is ironic we've got the best spin players in the world along with some of the more average ones. Sachin, Laxman, Dravid and Ganguly to a certain extent can all help the team with spin. I'm sure Sachin won't say, "Go away, you suck" if Yuvraj asks for help with this matter. For a man who has often been compared to Sachin for his skills in the shorter format and his contributions to the team, it would be a shame if he cannot make it to the test team. He generally scores very quickly, and as Dhoni also develops as a test player, it would be great to have these guys come at like 6, 7 or 5, 6. Yuvraj's got so much talent and it would be a shame if he got caught up in all this T20 nonsense and forget to harness that talent for test matches.

First, i'd appreciate it if you could quote texts properly. Secondly, good/bad/great/decent is a barometer judged on a world scale. And on a world scale, Yuvraj is ordinary in ODIs, nothing more.
Give me 15 world players that had a better average for about equal amount of runs or more scored in odis in 2006 and 2007 like you said.
Bhajji overall in ODIs: 171 matches, 189 wickets @ 33.51, 4.18 economy, only two 4-fers and 2 five-fers ( one of which came against a totally soft team like Zimbabwe). Bhajji overseas in ODIs: 104 matches, 114 wickets @ 32.33, only ONE 4-fer. What he did in CB series is called 'flash in a pan'...you know, where if you give mediocre players even a zillion chances, they are bound to get a decent knock/bowling performance here and there. Compare that with Kumble in his heydeys(90s for ODIs), Warne, Saqqi, Murali etc. and its CLEAR that Bhajji is NOT a frontline bowler...he is there only coz we have no other options. Nuff said!!.
Whats kumble odis record overseas? Compare the pitches in India in 1990's compared with now.What are the usual amount of runs scored these days in odis and then in 1990's? Not saying Bhajji is a better bowler than kumble but in odis he is. Test match, Bhajji is no match for kumble. Why bring warne and murli. They are legends and in a different class. Compare Bhajji with the current spinners in odi and see how he is doing. Add in his fielding and batting, he is an imp odi player for India.
Mate, there is a thing called 'QUALIFIED FOR THE JOB'. Yuvraj is not even his regional team captain. Kumble, Dhoni, Tendu,Dravid, Gangoo etc. ALL have extensive times being captain for their domestic sides or extensive tutelege as vice-captain. Yuvraj has neither. There is such a thing called pre-requisite. Your professor won't let you take a 3rd year course if you havnt met the 2nd year pre-requisite course...so why the fook should i overlook this in Yuvraj's case ? In this case, no experience does not equal 'give him a chance', it equals ' UNQUALIFIED'. PERIOD!! But judging by your userID, i don't expect a rational discussion with you when it comes to Yuvraj- you've already declared yourself to be his groupie and in typical groupie style, you lack the basic case of honest appraisal.
Like I said , I am not gonna argue about his captaincy potential cuz he doesnt have a track record and Dhoni is doing a verfiney good job and there is no need but an opiionn that Yuvi cant be a good captain cuz he has attitude is as dumb as saying Yuvi is just an okay odi batsmen. There is ample proof of captains being made with no pre-experience. This is not a 3rd yr uni unit that you need a prerequisite to enrol in.

@CC, I don't know if I agree with you that he's just an ordinary player. He's been great for us since the WC last year. He's been very consistent along with Dhoni. I think the CB Series was not the greatest for him but he did well enough in the 2nd final. So, even on a world scale, I think he's been pretty awesome - along with Hayden, et.al @Y4C, even in ODIs, Kumble is better I think. Maybe the figures don't show the difference to be that significant but the way Kumble performed in several matches abroad when our batting lineup failed, etc - I think it was great. He was criticized several times for being a matchwinner only at home, and thats total nonsense as far as I am concerned.

He hit those sixes for India in a crucial match. Thats not important. What is more imp is how his attitude was after he hit those sixes?...hahahah
oh I forgot UV and other punjabi players are ur pvt property and we need to ask you b4 we watch any video of a player who has lived in or played for Punjab in last 50 years .. is it ? secondly , I have seen those sixes .......... but not the masala around it ....

Tendulkar picks Blues all-rounder over Symonds and Ponting Email Printer friendly version Normal font Large font Jamie Pandaram April 11, 2008 - 1:24PM Advertisement SACHIN Tendulkar opted against signing Andrew Symonds or Ricky Ponting to his Indian Premier League team, but NSW batsman Dominic Thornely ticked all the boxes for the little maestro and is now a Mumbai Indian. A stunned Thornely was contacted by a Mumbai manager last week at the request of Tendulkar, and negotiated and signed a contract within two hours thanks to his part-time work with a sports management agency. "I was staggered, but having played with Shane Warne and Ricky Ponting, those guys at the very elite level are so professional and know everything that's going on in domestic cricket around the world," said Thornely, who averages 43 in first-class and holds the record for most sixes in an first-class innings (11). After India's acrimonious tour here and the selection of Harbhajan Singh for the Mumbai outfit, it was predictable to see no Australians bought by the franchise during the IPL auction in February, but Tendulkar has now picked up Thornely and West Australian Luke Ronchi. ]It is the ultimate compliment for Thorne]ly, who flies to India on Sunday and will spend the next six weeks rubbing shoulders with Tendulkar, Australia's nemesis Harbhajan, as well as Sri Lankan legend Sanath Jayasuriya and South African Shaun Pollock. "This gives me a chance to play against the best players in the world, and that will probably give me more credibility if I get the chance to play for Australia, and also shows the Australian selectors what I'm capable of," said Thornely, 29. "This might be the door that I need to break in to international cricket. "I have only ever dreamed about playing alongside cricketers with Tendulkar's level of skill and ability. I feel absolutely privileged to be involved in the set-up, and whatever opportunities I get I'll certainly be trying to make the most of." Thornely, however, is in a unique position where he could opt to pursue a wealthy Twenty20 career ahead of his ambition to represent his country - an issue that has come to prominence in recent days with findings in a player survey revealing half of Australia's professional cricketers would consider retiring early to play in the IPL or its rival, the Indian Cricket League. "Of course there is the opportunity to just play Twenty20 ... living in Sydney, maybe you might choose to go over for more money," Thornely said. "But I have only dreamed of playing for Australia and I can still make that a reality, so that is my focus. I'm sure a lot of other domestic cricketers are in the same boat as me and each player has to make their own decision, but I'm sure 95 per cent would opt to concentrate on trying to get a baggy green." Thornely, who played alongside Harbhajan at Surrey in County Cricket, said he would have no problems with the fiery spinner, and would even seek him out for tips. "I'm working on my off-spin bowling so I'll pick his brains and get bits of advice, I get along with him really well." The big-hitting red-head also said he hoped to learn tips which he could try to implement at NSW, who have struggled in recent years in shorter forms of the game. http://www.smh.com.au/news/cricket/tendulkar-picks-blues-allrounder-over-symonds-and-ponting/2008/04/11/1207856799272.html

Thornely looks pretty cool. I feel sorry that he got owned by Zaheer but I do hope he gets a few more opportunities to play - perhaps, along with Sachin. @dd, that article was written by Malcolm Conn. Terrible journalist and perhaps the most biased I have ever read. He had been attacking Harbhajan throughout the tour and I don't give a damn what he has to say about Bhajji and the racism row. There is no credibility to his writing, and its all a bunch of BS.

Australia's nemesis Harbhajan
O hero for what reason are they calling him that .. for his test match performance in Aus ???? or his Verbal spat ... waise to be honest .. at first I challenged u cuz I though ur comment was for UV .. but anyway jub yudh shuru he ho gaya hai to fir kya kar saktay hain

O hero for what reason are they calling him that .. for his test match performance in Aus ???? or his Verbal spat ... waise to be honest .. at first I challenged u cuz I though ur comment was for UV .. but anyway jub yudh shuru he ho gaya hai to fir kya kar saktay hain
More so for the cb series. Even though in the test match series played, he wasnt phenomenal. He had a measure of Ricky Ponting in the test series. And how after what he had to go thru the entire Aus tour. He delivered in the cb series finals against the 2 -Hayden and Symonds showing who the obnoxious weed is.

and yet he had been the #1 matchwinner for India in odis in 2006 and 2007 with Tendulkar. Tells a lot about Team India then doesnt it.
Oh C'mon. Do not put down Team India because you want to praise Yuvraj. Sachin is ranked at #2 right now in what people are calling a "conservative stage in his career." Yuvraj has no excuse for not breaking into the top 10. He's been great for India, I agree but in the past 3-4 months, he's been a bit inconsistent otherwise he would've been in the top 10 because if he was in form, he would've played well against Australia.

and yet he had been the #1 matchwinner for India in odis in 2006 and 2007 with Tendulkar. Tells a lot about Team India then doesnt it.
Tendulkar and Dhoni both have been better than him and their consistent rankings show it as well. To be the 3rd best batsman in a middle ranking ODI team is no big deal.

Oh C'mon. Do not put down Team India because you want to praise Yuvraj. Sachin is ranked at #2 right now in what people are calling a "conservative stage in his career." Yuvraj has no excuse for not breaking into the top 10. He's been great for India' date=' I agree but in the past 3-4 months, he's been a bit inconsistent otherwise he would've been in the top 10 because if he was in form, he would've played well against Australia.[/quote'] I am not putting Team India down.Its my team. I am just stating the fact that if Yuvraj even with being a top matchwinner for India is not top 10 odi bat for the world. what does it tell about other batsmen in Team India. I used to be critical about Tendulkar in the past to some extent. I have completely changed on that font. I think he has it in him as he proved in Australia.Tendulkar in his own league along with Ponting and even these 2 have bad odi series. Yuvraj had one bad odi tourney this yr. There is a whole yr left. Lets see how he does. Why is one being so critical of our second best odi bat? Now if someone is critical of his test match ability. I can understand that and I wont argue with them here until he proves them wrong. But to say he is an okay odi batsmen is an insult to yuvraj singh.