Injured Razzaq to miss World Cup

Raj

Re: Injured Razzaq to miss World Cup

Assuming that Asif and Shoaib miss out the team for the 1st match would look like: 1- I Nazir 2- M Hafeez 3- Y Khan 4- M Yousuf 5- Inzi 6- Malik 7- Akmal 8- M Sami 9- Gul 10- Roa 11- Kaneria.
Not a bad team at all. Batting looks solid and bowling of all the teams are weak. At least Pak have two strike bowlers in Gul and Kaneria.

Assuming that Asif and Shoaib miss out the team for the 1st match would look like: 1- I Nazir 2- M Hafeez 3- Y Khan 4- M Yousuf 5- Inzi 6- Malik 7- Akmal 8- M Sami 9- Gul 10- Roa 11- Kaneria.
Bowling looks weakened but still not a bad team on paper...

1- I Nazir 2- M Hafeez 3- Y Khan 4- M Yousuf 5- Inzi 6- Malik 7- Akmal 8- M Sami 9- Gul 10- Roa 11- Kaneria.
That should hardly inspire Pakistani fans MP. The bowling is not good enough to restrict quality oppositions under 250...atleast not very consistently. Gul is good but doesnt have experience to be the spearhead, Sami well it depends on which Sami turns out, Rao/Rana wont shake any batsman in their boots and Kaneria in ODI is not a fear. The time-pass bowling of Malik/Hafiz would be decent at best. Batting looks much better but more because of the fame of Inzzy/Moyo and YK. I beleive too much would be riding on them and unless 2 of these men fire in every game its gonna be tough for Pakistan. As for fielding well the less said the better. BTW have Afridi, Asif and Shoaib been ruled out of WC for good? xx

1- I Nazir 2- M Hafeez 3- Y Khan 4- M Yousuf 5- Inzi 6- Malik 7- Akmal 8- M Sami 9- Gul 10- Roa 11- Kaneria.
That should hardly inspire Pakistani fans MP. The bowling is not good enough to restrict quality oppositions under 250...atleast not very consistently. Gul is good but doesnt have experience to be the spearhead, Sami well it depends on which Sami turns out, Rao/Rana wont shake any batsman in their boots and Kaneria in ODI is not a fear. The time-pass bowling of Malik/Hafiz would be decent at best. Batting looks much better but more because of the fame of Inzzy/Moyo and YK. I beleive too much would be riding on them and unless 2 of these men fire in every game its gonna be tough for Pakistan. As for fielding well the less said the better. BTW have Afridi, Asif and Shoaib been ruled out of WC for good? xx
Quite right Lurker, with out Shoaib, Asif and A Razzaq PAK will walk in to the tournament as the 8th seed .So if they are to do well in the cup then they must take some risks e.g give Kaneria a consistent run, have Yousuf bat at 3 and do their best to bring Rana back in some kind of form; it's almost a desperation stage!

Re: Injured Razzaq to miss World Cup Pak did well in 92 and 99 world cup cause not only did they experience but also talented youngsters and more importantly strong captains who knew how to get the best out of there team. Inzi may not be the brightest captain but having lead the team for so long he has picked up a few things and if he had full squad at his disposal there was a chance he might have ended his ODI career in style. Razzaq is a major blow and no matter how talented gul or rao are without a senior bowler cant see them do much.