Chappell wants players to perform

DesiChap

Mumbai: The Indian cricket team assembled in Mumbai on Tuesday on the eve of their departure for the World Cup in the West Indies. The team will be leaving for the Caribbean on Wednesday night where they will be playing two warm-up games against the Netherlands and the West Indies before they take on Bangladesh in their first game of the World Cup on March 17. The team is scheduled to meet Board of Control for Cricket in India President Sharad Pawar at an official dinner on Tuesday night. Addressing a press conference Indian coach Greg Chappell said: "We have more variety and options in the team to be flexible this time." He also said that the players must give their best during the tournament and dismissed fears that the conditions in the West Indies would affect the performance of the players. "We are in a good position for the World Cup. Our success depends on performance and not on conditions," Chappell said. Indian skipper Rahul Dravid said that Irfan Pathan would get more opportunities during the tournament. "Irfan Pathan will get more bowling opportunities," Dravid said. "World cup is an important event but a team can't base their career on just one event. As compared to last World Cup people are more interested and exposed to cricket thanks to the media. We can't rule out the importance of middle overs but there are other options. Other teams are expected to focus on middle overs," Dravid said when asked what his strategy would be during the World Cup.

Re: Chappell wants players to perform

we are paying plenty of money to this guy- maybe we should pay additional not to say anything
huh??? y read, wen it bothers u....
why is it bothering you about the thing that is bothering me?
it doesnt bother me..... the way u are ranting, thought this could help....

Re: Chappell wants players to perform

we are paying plenty of money to this guy- maybe we should pay additional not to say anything
huh??? y read, wen it bothers u....
why is it bothering you about the thing that is bothering me?
it doesnt bother me..... the way u are ranting, thought this could help....
Gee Gator are you a resident psychiatrist? :lol: I thought this board was for ranting and raving. Anyway nothing personal - I just see chappel as a con artist - leech -